Coming Soon: 991 Turbo Aerokit!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 10:25 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Coming Soon: 991 Turbo Aerokit!

We just became aware of a new OEM Porsche Aerokit for the 991 Turbo. Included in the Aerokit is a new front apron with wings just before the front wheels, side skirts, a new rear diffuser, and a new reverse looking "whale tail" style rear wing. It's hard to tell from just these initial photos from Porsche but so far we love what we see.

From what we can tell there will be two versions available: paintable lower and what looks to be a high gloss lower with black rear deck lid vents. Porsche hasn't released retrofit pricing or available. As soon as more information becomes available you'll be the first to know.

What do you guys think!?

Painted 991 Turbo Aerokit

Black 991 Turbo Aerokit with black deck lid vents

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 10-01-2014, 07:25 PM
G-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant future
I think the aerokit for the 997 was much nicer. IMHO this kit is out of place with the lines of the car. Pictures of course never do these things justice. We'll have to see one for real on an actual car!

Old 10-02-2014, 05:46 AM
Fixinbones will become famous soon enoughFixinbones will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by G-forceTarga4S
I think the aerokit for the 997 was much nicer. IMHO this kit is out of place with the lines of the car. Pictures of course never do these things justice. We'll have to see one for real on an actual car!
I agree. The front looks very after market and too big where it meets the wheel well. The techart kit looks much better

Old 10-02-2014, 06:39 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
It is hard to tell exactly how well the lines will blend from these initial photos from Porsche but nonetheless we're still very excited to have a new option for 991 Turbo owners.

We'll keep everyone updated when more info becomes available.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 10-02-2014, 02:05 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
It is hideous

Old 10-02-2014, 02:43 PM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Tough act for Porsche to outdo itself on the new TT/S.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Fixinbones will become famous soon enoughFixinbones will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
It is hideous
After reading your post I had to go back and look at the picks again. Upon closer examination I have to agree with you ! Im not a fan of these kits but I could not see myself purchasing this over the Tech Art body kit which is very classy looking and well integrated.

Last edited by Fixinbones; 10-02-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:37 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Like most have already said, the front looks tacked on. Really, there will always be aesthetic problems with the 991 turbo front if they stick with that rubber active aero lip.

Always cool to see new OEM parts from Porsche though. Curious to see that rear spoiler in action...

Old 10-03-2014, 12:54 PM
sportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the rough
I think the aero kit looks good. I'm sure it will look a lot better in real life, configurator photos never do anything justice. As for the comment about the front spoiler, I will take the retractable front spoiler over scraping the lip on driveways, speed bumps and garage entrances eight days a week!

Old 10-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Havok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of light
For me the front of the Turbo without the rubber spoiler deployed looks anemic. The aerokit looks like it just emphasizes the overbite.