My Track days Real Cost!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 05:08 AM
Karl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud of
Exclamation My Track days Real Cost!!!

Well, the new Generation of PCCB do wear out.
Yes, i just replaced my front rotors. ($12K)
25 track days FEE ($8K) , I think 5 or 6 set of brake pads ($7K), 3 sets MSC2 $7K), 2 sets Trofeo Rs ($5K), 1 set Dunlop race Maxx($2K), Repainted front end already ($4k).
Spark plug change ($1K) . Extra oil and brake flushes. ($2K). 100 Oct fuel for track days. ($6K).

Total $54K Or $2200 per Track day!!!!

AND NOW I NEED TO REPLACE CENTER LOCKING NUTS, AND WHEEL HUBS

AND I AM SURE I MISSED SOMETHING. ( Like Depreciation )???

Old 10-27-2015, 05:25 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Holy crap. Explains why my COTA day will likely be just about it for tracking. I am sticking with roll races/drag races. Of course the COTA day was so much fun

Old 10-27-2015, 05:57 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Karl911
25 track days FEE ($8K) , I think 5 or 6 set of brake pads ($7K), 3 sets MSC2 $7K), 2 sets Trofeo Rs ($5K), 1 set Dunlop race Maxx($2K), Repainted front end already ($4k).
Spark plug change ($1K) . Extra oil and brake flushes. ($2K). 100 Oct fuel for track days. ($6K).

Yeah, it's an expensive hobby for guys with money to spend on it, especially using a car like this. Imagine tracking a 458 that much, well don't because from what I am told you can just double those figures. My car is paid for, it's a DD and I will probably continue to track it and drag it. I didn't do all this work to it just to know the power is there. Life is short and uncertain, eat desert while you can because sometime when you are old you won't be able to enjoy the things you can now. For me, I am on extended time and I have the money to spend so I am doing it. If I hadn't beaten the cancer, I wouldn't have been around to have this money to spend. Everyone has their own reasons for why they spend money. I love messing with cars, buying them and driving them.

Last edited by wrs; 10-27-2015 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:01 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Thank you for posting. I didn't see track day insurance which is significant in such an expensive car if you buy it. $120k is usually the cap value and that usually runs $750 per day.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:03 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Thank you for posting. I didn't see track day insurance which is significant in such an expensive car if you buy it. $120k is usually the cap value and that usually runs $750 per day.
Another reason to have the car paid off. You are your own insurance. Anyway, what you get insurance for is your damage to the track or so I understand it. Very few companies will actually insure a car that is being tracked.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:51 AM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wrs
Another reason to have the car paid off. You are your own insurance. Anyway, what you get insurance for is your damage to the track or so I understand it. Very few companies will actually insure a car that is being tracked.
One of the most insightful posts ever with no BS spin. Should be a stickie for those considering real costs.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:54 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wrs
Having the car paid off has nothing to do with wanting track day insurance.

Track day insurance is not required. If your car is in an incident there is a high likelihood that it will be totaled and most insurance carriers will deny coverage even for HPDE events.

Track day insurance writes you a check, less deductible, for the insured amount in the unfortunately scenario of an accident.

I insure my track cars either through Lockton or Katz because it gives me better price of mind. I have had near misses because of other people. I trust myself and I am cautious, but not everyone else is.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:16 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Lockton Motorsports offers a max of $150k of coverage for damage to the car. It cost me over $1k for that insurance for my COTA day during Goldrush Rally 7. Totally worth it given the value (to me) of the car with all the mods and the fact that I knew I would be pushing the car to its absolute limits without holding back

http://locktonmotorsports.com/product/hpde-insurance

Old 10-27-2015, 09:30 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !

Karl,
Awesome post, It looks like you tried the top 3 track tires for are cars which tires did you like the best? I have the Dunlops on my car and love them compared to P-zeros, but ive never tried the other 2

Old 10-27-2015, 10:11 AM
laueligol is on a distinguished road
Awesome post - agree it should be a sticky. This is the reason I will be replacing my PCCBs with iron rotors when the time comes.

Old 10-27-2015, 04:15 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !

That sure is expensive but if you got the dough and enjoy it why not. Any plans to switch to steel rotors for track days or are you sticking with the PCCB?

Old 10-27-2015, 04:21 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wrs
I had paid my car off as well 6 months after taking advantage of the pull forward but you can indeed get track insurance to cover the car. If you go and want to be self insured its your car and money. The flip side is damaging another drivers car too. My last 991 I tracked a bit I still have not taken this on to Motor Sport Ranch because right now its my DD.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:19 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wrs
Yeah, it's an expensive hobby for guys with money to spend on it, especially using a car like this. Imagine tracking a 458 that much, well don't because from what I am told you can just double those figures. My car is paid for, it's a DD and I will probably continue to track it and drag it. I didn't do all this work to it just to know the power is there. Life is short and uncertain, eat desert while you can because sometime when you are old you won't be able to enjoy the things you can now. For me, I am on extended time and I have the money to spend so I am doing it. If I hadn't beaten the cancer, I wouldn't have been around to have this money to spend. Everyone has their own reasons for why they spend money. I love messing with cars, buying them and driving them.
Funny, I too went through a bought with cancer last year...and I had the same damn revelation...so I went out and bought the 991 to add to the stable. I always wanted another one since my 1st one in '87, but not badly enough...and I woke up one day realizing I had just beaten cancer, so I enrolled in some retail therapy and I never looked back!

Old 10-27-2015, 06:25 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear it Karl.

To Blown and WRS, in this business I hear a lot of that and my father is now over that mountain too. God bless you guys and good for you...Live it!

...and please tell my wife that's why I love my desert, and then "desert-desert".

Old 10-27-2015, 06:33 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Sorry to hear it Karl.

To Blown and WRS, in this business I hear a lot of that and my father is now over that mountain too. God bless you guys and good for you...Live it!

...and please tell my wife that's why I love my desert, and then "desert-desert".
Yes!!! To you both and anyone alike , live it to the fullest!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Track days Real Cost!!!