GMG vs. TechArt vs. H&R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
GMG vs. TechArt vs. H&R

Another tread about this?

I know. Don't flame. Just wondering if the GMG is as comfortable as the TechArt. The drop is 2mm's less. Input would be appreciated

Old 11-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
to the top

Old 11-01-2015, 12:58 PM
JesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud of
There is a guy local to me with the TechArt springs and I think it rides horrible compared to factory springs. I have H&R's on the way...I have them on the rest of my rides with pleasurable results.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:25 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JesseRohr
TechArt springs and I think it rides horrible compared to factory springs. I have H&R's on the way
you do know that H&R makes the springs for TechArt.

they are identical.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by shifter_
you do know that H&R makes the springs for TechArt.

they are identical.
They can't be identical, if they were nobody on the forum would recommend TechArt. They might be made by H&R, but the setting could be different.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:33 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
You're free to believe as you wish.

But there's no chance they make one set for TechArt and then completely change everything to make their own.

That would be a huge waste of money for no reason.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:36 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
I have Techarts...and the difference between OEM and those are marginal at best.

They ride pretty much the same as factory, but to be fair, I installed them when I changed my wheels/ tires and I went to 30mm wider rear tires and 10mm wider fronts, making for a slightly higher profile, and from OEM tires to Michelin PS2.

The higher profile helps to eliminate the harshness associated with lowering. The net result in my case, was a ride that is pretty much the same as stock when running with stock wheels and tires.

Anything posted by someone who doesn't have them on their ride, I'd take with a grain of salt.

They are not "bouncy" as some have said, and most of the posts I have seen dissing them, were written by people who don't actually have them installed, and who were/ are probably looking for a reason to justify not having them.

That's the way I see it.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:57 PM
What size tires did you get?

Factory rims?

Old 11-01-2015, 07:41 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
ADV.1 Track Spec 5's, 20" but in a 9.5" and 12.5". Fronts are 255/ 35/ 20, and the rears are 335/ 30/ 20

Last edited by BLOWN SRT; 11-01-2015 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:12 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
I personally love the beefy tires look, just make so much sense at where i live. And looks badass too.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:54 PM
It works for me...and less chance of bending a wheel on our pothole filled roads, which make your roads look really good! LOL

Old 11-02-2015, 09:08 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
The key between the H&R's and the private labeled Techarts is the spring rate(s). Are they different? I don't know but would like to know as well since Ill be getting a Turbo S soon again and will drop it this time.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
ADV.1 Track Spec 5's, 20" but in a 9.5" and 12.5". Fronts are 255/ 35/ 20, and the rears are 335/ 30/ 20

Awesome looking ride!! I installed Techart springs on my car, before my tire and wheel swap , the ride stiffened up a little bit over stock was not quite as plush. In a week or so it feels normal you dont even notice it.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Vic55
The key between the H&R's and the private labeled Techarts is the spring rate(s). Are they different? I don't know but would like to know as well since Ill be getting a Turbo S soon again and will drop it this time.

Glad you're coming back

Old 11-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
Glad you're coming back
yeah me too brother---- and an old friend, who tuned my first Turbo in 2004, will be modding it. (AKA Samboooooo)