991 Turbo / Turbo S Stage 2+ Upgrades Available from GIAC!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 07:33 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Ok just to clarify what your saying... It's there others
tune company's removing the safeties in an affort to push power???

What exactly do you mean by this?
"we generated a balance of power and reliability that is unmatched by any other aftermarket tuning solution".

Other thing, you were at the "safe limit" before, right? so your saying you won't do it again?

Others have done a lot of internal component data. Did you guys do the same to support your analisys?

What kind of tune do you gonna develop when Champion turbo packages came out that are gonna make more torque if your saying that you are not "removing safeties"?

I don't want to start a debate, please don't get me wrong... It's just that I want to get clear what your "selling"
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
Stage 2 had an adjustment that was mistakenly removed when we had made a tweak for a cold weather limp mode that cars were seeing last winter. We simply put that back in. Further, the changes are made in the low end of the software, not the top end.

For Stage 2+, we push the car harder because it has extremely efficient intercoolers and those allow for the safe limit to be raised.
Austin answered your question above.

If you want some answers to the others...I'll answer. Yes, other companies do remove safety limits. We've seen it, and we've seen the damage it causes.

We (Champion) were the first to perform internal component analysis of the 3.8L DFI engines years ago, which is why our software is limited to the power levels it is. You can search the forums, and you'll find our posts from years ago where we did structural analysis of all the 3.8L DFI engine internals and the comparisons to the older 3.6L engine.

And for your last question...when we release our upgraded VTG turbochargers, we will not have to remove any safeties, because we'll have turbochargers that are capable of efficiently reaching the power levels we're looking for without damaging themselves.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:11 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Austin answered your question above.

If you want some answers to the others...I'll answer. Yes, other companies do remove safety limits. We've seen it, and we've seen the damage it causes.

We (Champion) were the first to perform internal component analysis of the 3.8L DFI engines years ago, which is why our software is limited to the power levels it is. You can search the forums, and you'll find our posts from years ago where we did structural analysis of all the 3.8L DFI engine internals and the comparisons to the older 3.6L engine.

And for your last question...when we release our upgraded VTG turbochargers, we will not have to remove any safeties, because we'll have turbochargers that are capable of efficiently reaching the power levels we're looking for without damaging themselves.
Ok, so you can proof that other company's remove the safeties?

The analysis that I saw you post was from the 997.2 TT's not from the 991TT's.
Other company post a analysis about the difference between them...

So the safeties are only to not damage the turbos??? you can say the stock turbos are the weakest link in this plattaform?

Thanks for the answers!

Old 12-04-2015, 08:22 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Ok, so you can proof that other company's remove the safeties?

The analysis that I saw you post was from the 997.2 TT's not from the 991TT's.
Other company post a analysis about the difference between them...

So the safeties are only to not damage the turbos??? you can say the stock turbos are the weakest link in this plattaform?

Thanks for the answers!
It certainly does seem that the stock turbos are the weakest link in the 991 Turbo and Turbo S powertrain. I am aware of at least three tuned 991s whose turbos have failed.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:34 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Thanks for the input

Old 12-22-2015, 02:51 PM
Nfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud of
Any dyno graphs available for stage 2+ with 93 octane?

Old 12-23-2015, 03:41 AM
Karl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud of
I think the road course ability of the Stage 2 + is what is really impressive.
The GIAC tune is just amazing! Sunday I was running at Homestead Road course easily running with 997 GT3 Cup and 991 GT3 Cup cars! if I could get some 20 " Hoosier's DOTs I could pull away from them.
Keep the up grades coming!

Old 12-24-2015, 05:09 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Karl911
I think the road course ability of the Stage 2 + is what is really impressive. The GIAC tune is just amazing! Sunday I was running at Homestead Road course easily running with 997 GT3 Cup and 991 GT3 Cup cars! if I could get some 20 " Hoosier's DOTs I could pull away from them. Keep the up grades coming!
Well that is very impressive. But you must also be a very good driver.

Old 12-27-2015, 02:04 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Karl911
I think the road course ability of the Stage 2 + is what is really impressive.
The GIAC tune is just amazing! Sunday I was running at Homestead Road course easily running with 997 GT3 Cup and 991 GT3 Cup cars! if I could get some 20 " Hoosier's DOTs I could pull away from them.
Keep the up grades coming!
Karl, Hoosier is making 20" supposed to be out in feb or March

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.