Range Rover Sport Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 10:06 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
I've had a number of SUV's over the years, but currently have a '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, with a 2.9 liter Whipple PD blower making 8.5 lbs of boost and putting down just shy of 750 HP...

I've got maybe another 70-100 HP left in the tune, but I need to swap out for forged pistons and rods to unleash it...which I will likely do next summer. It's a small, inexpensive mod...and will save me a lot of grief in finishing the build.

It's unquestionably the fastest SUV I have ever owned / driven, with a low 3 second 0-60. It has Brembo brakes to die for and sounds like a Merc Marine 502 V8 on the open water, on the factory exhaust!

It was under 100k built, has a fantastic interior / exterior build quality, same as my wife's Macan Turbo...

There's nothing like a big 'ole American V8 for TQ/ HP...and this truck is no exception. Fuel mileage is pitiful, but I could care less. It'll eat any Cayenne Turbo S, and I'd guess most other SUV's out there. And it's pretty much a sleeper. It looks factory stock, as stock can be.

Stomping the pedal at 80-100 + feels much like my 991. It has no lag; it just goes like a bat outta hell and roars. Launch control makes it as painful in the chest as my 991 off the line - LOL.

500-600 HP BMW's don't stand a chance against it in a straight line.

Comfort wise, it's as comfortable as any high-end SUV around...

I've driven my buddy's RR Sport, and it's not in the same league, except for fuel economy.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:50 AM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
I drove all the section 179 SUV's and ended up getting a 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR (supercharged). Loaded with all the packages including the high-end meridian stereo system. Drives great and very comfortable seats. Stereo sounds great. The exhaust sound is very aggressive. Thanks for everyone's input and have a happy New Year.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:05 AM
Evo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ERSKATEDOC
I drove all the section 179 SUV's and ended up getting a 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR (supercharged). Loaded with all the packages including the high-end meridian stereo system. Drives great and very comfortable seats. Stereo sounds great. The exhaust sound is very aggressive. Thanks for everyone's input and have a happy New Year.
Great choice!

Old 12-29-2015, 08:07 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Excellent pick.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:45 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Good Choice. I couldn't find an SVR around me to drive so I took the best optioned car I could find. The SVR is supposed to have a better handling package in addition to the dynamic mode. The Meridian 19 speaker system is outstanding, like I have said before, it's the equal of the Burmester. I think the one in the SVR has 23 speakers though.

Old 12-29-2015, 10:09 AM
imahobo will become famous soon enough
I also went the route of the SRT Grand Cherokee. After the engine was tuned, modded and it was allowed to breathe, it felt great. Great "stomp the foot" performance and the exhaust scared fellow drivers at WOT. I also liked the fact it was so easy to work on myself. Everything was accessible.

What I couldn't handle any longer was the build quality. The seats broke down and cracked, interior pieces didn't hold up and sadly the paint began to fail, even with all of my care and effort. I was also troubled by Jeep's refusal to acknowledge the defective RF Goodyear tires. I heard what sounded like a gunshot go off at 70 mph (being from LA, I ducked, LOL). The runflat literally exploded as the tread separated. I thought it was a freak occurrence until I read in the boards it happened to many SRT owners. Obviously Jeep didn't manufacture the tires, but we all felt betrayed when they swept it under the rug. The next strike came when all of us with WK1's preordered WK2's. At launch, Jeep decided to jack up the base price another $10K to better align their pricing with BMW, even though we had made deposits. Many loyalists moved on, as did I.

Old 12-30-2015, 05:30 AM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Agreed on the seats part, but I have the WK2, so none of the other issues you posted about are issues for me...but Jeep in general are dicks when it comes to warranty, yes. WK2's didn't come with run craps...LOL

Old 12-30-2015, 09:43 AM
Quadcammer is on a distinguished road
the SRT grand cherokee has an interior like a macan now?

give me a break.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:34 AM
It's not exactly what I said, but the SRT has a gorgeous interior...it's not a Macan interior, but it's up there with it, BMW, Mercedes, etc...

Go look at one...I own and drive both, so I believe I have an advantageous viewpoint on both of them.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:29 PM
Trimmer is on a distinguished road
I have a '13 GL63 (bespoke) with a Renntech tune (635hp) and it EATS UP THE HIGHWAY MILES at 90mph all day long. As much as I like the RR interior, the GL is more German minimal and the suspension is what sets it apart. It also stops on a dime for a 3 ton beast. The B&O stereo is a must too. It is a big car (not as big as a Tahoe or Suburban) so, I'm getting more and more interested in the next generation Cayenne Turbo (S) which sound like will take style cues from the Macan.

Old 12-31-2015, 12:35 PM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
Had a 14 RRS. Then I got a 911 Turbo and realized just how awful the steering and handling was in the RRS. Got rid of it and got a Cayenne TtS. Never looked back.

RRS is an otherwise excellent truck. Had one or two minor issues with it - infotainment system kept resetting itself while driving on a weekly basis, but no major mechanical issues. Truck is also quick and sounds great. Interior is nice too.

Surprisingly, I can get more in the hatch of my Cayenne than I could the RRS, and my kids feel that the Cayenne gives them more room in the back seat. But front seats on the RRS were great.

Bottom line - excellent truck that handles and tracks in a less than perfect way. If you don't expect 911 handling in a truck, you will be happy.

Old 12-31-2015, 12:43 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
I've had a number of SUV's over the years, but currently have a '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, with a 2.9 liter Whipple PD blower making 8.5 lbs of boost and putting down just shy of 750 HP...

I've got maybe another 70-100 HP left in the tune, but I need to swap out for forged pistons and rods to unleash it...which I will likely do next summer. It's a small, inexpensive mod...and will save me a lot of grief in finishing the build.

It's unquestionably the fastest SUV I have ever owned / driven, with a low 3 second 0-60. It has Brembo brakes to die for and sounds like a Merc Marine 502 V8 on the open water, on the factory exhaust!

It was under 100k built, has a fantastic interior / exterior build quality, same as my wife's Macan Turbo...

There's nothing like a big 'ole American V8 for TQ/ HP...and this truck is no exception. Fuel mileage is pitiful, but I could care less. It'll eat any Cayenne Turbo S, and I'd guess most other SUV's out there. And it's pretty much a sleeper. It looks factory stock, as stock can be.

Stomping the pedal at 80-100 + feels much like my 991. It has no lag; it just goes like a bat outta hell and roars. Launch control makes it as painful in the chest as my 991 off the line - LOL.

500-600 HP BMW's don't stand a chance against it in a straight line.

Comfort wise, it's as comfortable as any high-end SUV around...

I've driven my buddy's RR Sport, and it's not in the same league, except for fuel economy.

thats awesome I was hoping a hellcat motor will be available soon for the Cherokee, that will be my next suv purchase as well