Range Rover Sport Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 07:13 AM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
Range Rover Sport Question

I'm thinking of adding one to the Stable. Anyone have one or know of problems. The supercharged engine was nice and very comfortable to drive. Will probably be my DD along with the TT.

Thanks for your advice.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:10 PM
ioman is on a distinguished road
I love the look of these, but their reliability scares me. My friend is trying to "Lemon" his and will be switching the Mercedes G instead.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:34 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ioman
I love the look of these, but their reliability scares me. My friend is trying to "Lemon" his and will be switching the Mercedes G instead.
If I were getting a big luxury SUV it would be a GL63 with Renntech tune.

Or if medium sized a Cayenne Turbo S

Old 12-26-2015, 07:48 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Before I bought my 2015 X5 for DD I test drive the ML, Range Rover Sport, Cayenne and Macan and the one that have better comfort, warraty and resale value was the X5

Old 12-26-2015, 08:20 PM
Gelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really nice
I have a '16 RR Sport with the V8 supercharged + dynamic package, I had a '15 for a few months while my '16 was being built and I had a 2010 full size supercharged. Never any problems, quite honestly, I think the '16 RR Sport w/ Dynamic package is the best all around driving SUV on the market.

Pull the trigger, you won't have any problems with it! They've really gotten rid of the kinks and the air suspension eats up the bumps. You'll feel every one of them in an X5, G, and an ML without air suspension.

Also, if you like tuning them, I just put on a tune on mine with an aftermarket exhaust, sounds great!!

Cheers,

Old 12-26-2015, 09:04 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
range rover range rover send your mechanic right over.

Old 12-26-2015, 10:25 PM
ioman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sdg1871
If I were getting a big luxury SUV it would be a GL63 with Renntech tune.

Or if medium sized a Cayenne Turbo S
I have the GL550 for the wife and the kids. Renntech Tune coming soon!

Old 12-27-2015, 12:48 AM
dds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond repute
X5 w/ dinan stage 1 tune. I'm poor.

Old 12-27-2015, 01:04 AM
imahobo will become famous soon enough
I did X5M with Velos tune. Pulls at least as strong as the CTTS, and at 60% of the price, depreciation is tolerable. If you need a larger vehicle, friends say Mercedes AMG is the best choice, though I've never owned their SUV.

Old 12-27-2015, 01:05 AM
Evo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond repute
I have a 2014 sport autobiography and a 2015 full sized autobiography. Both have been perfect. They're great SUV's and reliability is much better than it used to be.

The GL63 (I have a Kleemann GL550) is a nice SUV but is starting to feel dated. Resale is going to be horrific once the new body style comes out.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:01 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Im on my second one, they are a great DD. I had a 2012 which I bought used, it had a spare, the 2015 I bought new doesn't. An oversight on my part. I got this one with the luxury interior, dynamic package and meridian sound upgrade. It also has a clear bra, ceramic tinted windows, lojack and a paint and leather protector the dealer put on. That was about $5k of add-ons I told them I wasn't paying for and so they knocked them off and still discounted the price another 5k.

The only trouble I had on the 2012 was a failure of the air shocks at 51k and it was so close to warranty that LR split the cost 90/10 with me so that the work would stay warrantied for a year instead of 90 days if it were done as a solely warranty item. My LR dealer in Austin won't deal but they have good service and do good work when the car needs it. So far the reliability has been good on both. I bought this one on Oct. 31 at the San Antonio dealer so I got a good end of month deal and used the fact that it was a 2015 as leverage. Plus, at the time, there were a good number of them around.

I traded in my 2012 which wasn't as nice. This one has heated and ventilated seats and better leather as well as the moon roof and several other options the other one didn't have. I bought the first one used or rather I traded my 2013 F10 M5 for it and got cash back. I have a lot of property out in west Texas with oil wells and other assets I have to go visit several times a year and this thing can handle any offroad challenge that Raptor in the third picture can. The Raptor belongs to one of oil guys that drilled one of my wells in the Wolfcamp. He has a helicopter out there too. That is about 40 miles northwest of Pecos and 50 miles south of Carlsbad New Mexico out in the middle of nowhere. We love this car, it's great for the city too and my oldest daughter likes it better than the CTTS. She says the CTTS is a girlie car, LOL! Anyway, we keep this one in the driveway and the Porsches in the garage and have kept a lot of miles off both Porsches using the RR instead. The new one already has 3200 miles on it. We took it to Plano earlier this week to visit the grandaughter before Christmas as my oldest lives up there and the other kids are here in Austin so we had Christmas here.

Here is a fairly boring Youtube of me driving the new one around out there.

Attached Images       

Last edited by wrs; 12-27-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:22 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gelmachine
Also, if you like tuning them, I just put on a tune on mine with an aftermarket exhaust, sounds great!!

Cheers,
What tune and exhaust? Did you just do a pulley or what for the tune since this thing is supercharged.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:56 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Proven long term track record......good for everything (2015 200 series - three 100 series previously)

Last edited by HotHonda; 12-27-2015 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:37 AM
Evo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond repute
The land cruiser is an awesome truck but it's just so blah looking.

Old 12-27-2015, 11:26 AM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
I've had a number of these things, and obviously the recommendation depends on what you want to do with it (with regards to family).

The Land Cruiser is an amazing truck if you plan on owning it for 20 years or actually offroading it. Otherwise it's too clearly a Toyota to me.

If you will frequently carry several family members, the GL 550 is the best in my experience. But it's BIG. I had a GL63 and the premium over the GL 550 was absolutely not worth it.

If its just you, you and a spouse and a dog, etc, then the X5M is really nice for an SUV. It feels small, but not in a claustrophobic way. In a good way. The interior isnt up to par with the GL in my opinion, but it's close.

I had a Range Rover a few years back and the experience was very warrantee-intensive. I spent A LOT of time in a loaner. I will never trust Tata motors to iron the kinks out while they are being forced by the market to add so much technology. Many of my cars problems were with the air suspension, and they've had 40 years to iron that out.

It may be under warrantee, but you'll spend a lot of time in a shi++y loaner. (in my case it was a LR3) while still making RR payments.

My final and best choice has been an E63 wagon. Sitting high up really offers no attraction to me, and the E63 wagon has the hauling capacity of an X5, great handling, and has given me easy 11-second timeslips at the strip.

I had a number of different SUVs for about 2 years each before I landed on the wagon and I'll probably keep this thing until the wheels fall off (it now has 45k miles on it and I've had it 4 years).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Range Rover Sport Question