Most people just have no clue what these cars can do

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 01:17 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, friends with "true" exotics were shocked to learn that these cars are 200k+ decently equipped.

Old 02-01-2016, 01:31 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Interesting how McLaren and Lambo are making less expensive super cars and Porsche is going higher. I would think if the trend continues plus all the BS allocation and stealer issues you will get more folks at least trying other brands.

I know for me my TT was a stretch and if I only needed to stretch a touch more I would have tried a different brand.

Having said that there truly is no substitute for our Turbo's, they are awesome.

Old 02-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
My thought is that in between the strong package Porsche has created in the 991TT and the fact that the new 991.2 Carrera's will be pretty potent, they justified the higher development and retail cost with the .2.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:02 PM
Nfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud of
Great thread!

I think I drive my cars moderately hard. Even when I started with 520 hp, my friends reactions in the passanger seat all vary, but all are very impressed. LC has been called violent, insane, crazy, and even Scary. Lol.
These cars are extremely fast out of the box.

Most of us talk about keeping it straight on a runway to 180mph+

I have been fortunate to own a couple other fast cars. Honestly this car handles better than any car I have ever driven. I almost feel as if the car defies physics on aggressive cornering.
Porsche has this 4 wheel steering dialed in! The harder I push it into a turn the better it reacts. We really do have the best all around car.
Now why am I obsessed to make it even faster? My IC's are being installed next week! Very eager to feel the results.

Originally Posted by wrs
We are busy sharing numbers on this forum and feel that if we aren't breaking 1.5s 60ft or 10.2s quarter mile that we are slow. However, I took my tennis partner to our USTA match today in my car. He was pumped that we were going to take my car, he is always asking about it. Anway, it's about a 30 mile trip with several good toll roads on the way. I used sport and floored it to about 100 on the entrance to the toll road on the way there and back, he was extremely impressed. However, when we got to the road back to our club I got to the front of a light where there is a nice straight afterwards and I did a LC take off up to 85, I actually got to do one more at the next light. He said he had never been in anything that fast and it had pinned him to the seat and blurred his vision. Now to me, it's no big deal, I am used to it but I have had this reaction from a couple other people that got to ride in the car when launched. So we should really appreciate just how fast we have made these cars. I really like mine and I know that there typically won't be anyone beating me at the dragstrip that is a street legal machine. Even the cars that are street legal that can beat me don't have the lux appointments and styling of this car. It's just the best all around IMO. I have lost all interest in a Ferrari, they will never be as fast or as well engineered.

Last edited by Nfall; 02-01-2016 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:05 PM
G-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Porsche having record sales & we got more value in 991.1

$188 base price for a 991.2 is only b/c people are willing to pay it. Porsche hitting record #'s in the US, people continue to buy the car! The 991.1 is in a league of it's own, Porsche knows it, made a couple small changes & seriously jacked the price!

What I really like is many 6speeders have already "tricked out" their cars which will certainly crush a stock 991.2, continue to impress/scare friends, have paid far less $ overall, & also IMHO will have lower cost of ownership than a 991.2 with this new pricing.

The cars are really incredible! It continues to impress me the more I drive it.
Friends that have not been in the car, but may have experienced a fast car before, have no idea what they're in for, when they ride in a 991 TTS. Especially so if it's been tuned & modified.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:43 PM
RMDZidane is on a distinguished road
Yes. Most don't know what these Turbo's are capable of:

My first day out at a track event (Laguna Seca) after replacing my GT-R. High 1:39's which is about a second faster than I'd gone in my GT-R which had all the bolt-ons

modifications are RSC1 pads and SRF fluid I don't intend on touching anything for a while, I'm even putting on a new set of OEM Pirelli's pZeros because I believe there is a second or two left in the car from the factory that I'd like to explore

Old 02-02-2016, 06:03 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White991TT
Gotta agree WRS pound for pound there is no close second...
There is no substitute.....

Old 02-02-2016, 07:57 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
There is no substitute.....
Agreed

Old 02-02-2016, 08:29 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by G-forceTarga4S
$188 base price for a 991.2 is only b/c people are willing to pay it. Porsche hitting record #'s in the US, people continue to buy the car! The 991.1 is in a league of it's own, Porsche knows it, made a couple small changes & seriously jacked the price!

What I really like is many 6speeders have already "tricked out" their cars which will certainly crush a stock 991.2, continue to impress/scare friends, have paid far less $ overall, & also IMHO will have lower cost of ownership than a 991.2 with this new pricing.

The cars are really incredible! It continues to impress me the more I drive it.
Friends that have not been in the car, but may have experienced a fast car before, have no idea what they're in for, when they ride in a 991 TTS. Especially so if it's been tuned & modified.
This, and the fact that with bolt ons (stg 4) you are in the "hyper supercars" performance... For sure there is no substitute!!!

Old 02-03-2016, 06:57 AM
UAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant future
Truer words have never been spoken!

Some cars may be better at a particular point, a Ferrari may get you the eyes, a Mclaren might be faster, Lambos might be a bit more fun, but all in all the best average of everything, bit by bit, engineering and performance, adrenaline and comfort definitely goes to the 911!

-Hamad