Ran 10.50@133 - ALL STOCK except for a Stage ONE Tune from Sam ByDesign

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 04:43 AM
E-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond repute
Ran 10.50@133 - ALL STOCK except for a Stage ONE Tune from Sam ByDesign

As some of you know, I am on a quest to run between 10.10’s and 10.0’s with bolt-ons, but on stock turbos, stock tires - no headers, no NOS or Meth injection.

With roughly 500 miles on the odometer, I baselined the car; it responded with a couple of midto high 10.70’s passes at 129.XX and 130.XX; not bad for a bone stock car on Shell 93oct pump gas.

I kept reading manygood things about Sam ByDesign and decided to give him a shout. He listened and respected my goals and offered to assist me in each and every step of the way.

After carving out a plan, Sam sent me one of his Stage I ACCESSPORT tune and it arrived as promised. I performed a couple of datalogs and sent files to Sam for his assessment; the tune was money…we didn’t have to mess with anything. Since I like tinkering with tuning files and datalogs (I tuned all of my present and past Z06’s), I too reviewed the logs on my laptop and liked what I saw. AFR's were between.78 and .80 lambda especially on top under higher rev’s and higher EGT’s /no knock or knock corrections/ boost held steady at 19psi with no drop off/ IAT’swere roughly 6 to 8 degrees over ambient even after repeated runs. The tune seemed very safe and strong. We couldhave pushed it further, but decided to leave it since the stock exhaust would have chocked things.

My initial personal, and perhaps very ambitious goal was to bust out some high 10.40’s with the Stage One tune ONLY…all else BONE STOCK! I ended up with a 10.50@133 and 10.51@132 runs…oh so close to my 10.489999…goal. LOL. These runs were made on stock Pirelli tires (psi 35F & 38R), Shell 93oct (~half tank), under a 71 degrees night with humidity in the 74% range. Car now has roughly 840 miles and it is ALL stock except for the Stage One tune…that’s it!

Since he asked me to keep him posted, I called Sam after my 1st pass from the pits to share the news. I was a little ticked off at that second run. There was only one lane open due to the diesel truck event; I was the only true street car there, however, they allowed me to make a couple of runs which was really cool. Some folks were taking pictures left and right...I guess it is not every day you see a 991 911TTS racing in the middle of a truck event. J

For the second run, I was forced to creep little by little to the starting lights between these diesel trucks; the car was running the entire time as I watched my ECT climb in the 196F – 201F range with Oil temps in the 227F range...I never seen the oil get that hot; even with my 997.2 while idling. The good thing, the big truck in front of me left a nice sticky rubber path. My car launched well, cutting a1.58 60’, but falling off on top; I suspect due to heat soak. And that’s okay; the car [tune] did what it supposed to do to protect itself.

Going back in two weeks - I will be loading the 100oct Stage 1 map, pouring in some 104oct Sonoco gasoline and run it. All being equal, 10.40’s should be in the bag…heck, maybe even some 10.389999’s. Again, the ONLY two things I am changing for my next track visit: fuels (from 93 to 104), and maps (from 93oct ABR to 100octABR)…ALL ELSE WILL REMAIN BONE STOCK!!!

Sorry for that one crappy picture...I was all alone and tried my best to take the pic with wind blowing while some folks were looking at car and asking all kinds of questions.

Thank you Sam ByDesign and thosewho believe in my quest for all your support.

Thanks,
E-Gear

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Track #1.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	445825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Track #2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	445826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Track #3.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	1,007.8 KB
ID:	445827  
Old 04-16-2016, 05:59 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Great run but why would you add 104 when your goal was to run 10.0 with no race gas?

Old 04-16-2016, 07:14 AM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Great run but why would you add 104 when your goal was to run 10.0 with no race gas?
He didn't say anything about no race gas.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:24 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shifter_
He didn't say anything about no race gas.
Really

I'm with you WhiteTT and KAWilson...my mindset is 9's or bust which is not easy to do no matter the platform. But here is my thinking/approach: I want to run 10.0's on stock P-tires, no meth, no race gas and stock turbos. Some of my local buddies think I'm crazy, but others are on board. I think it is possible with this 2016 TTS P-car

Old 04-16-2016, 07:46 AM
E-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond repute

Because, as Sam and I discussed my goals, he asked me if I would be willing to maximize each tune within each stage...93oct SBR, 93oct ABR, 100oct SBR and 100oct ABR. I said sure man! Is the least I can do.

But yes, as power increases through the bolt-ons, my ultimate goal is to run 10.10's to 10.0's on 93oct.

As the saying goes: my name is Bennett and I'm in it.

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 04-16-2016, 08:01 AM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
subscribed!

Old 04-16-2016, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by E-Gear
Because, as Sam and I discussed my goals, he asked me if I would be willing to maximize each tune within each stage...93oct SBR, 93oct ABR, 100oct SBR and 100oct ABR. I said sure man! Is the least I can do.

But yes, as power increases through the bolt-ons, my ultimate goal is to run 10.10's to 10.0's on 93oct.

As the saying goes: my name is Bennett and I'm in it.

Thanks,
E-Gear
I was wondering why your second mod for better words would be something you were not going to use. Your original statement was a 10.0 I take that as a 10 flat and there is a world of difference from 10.1 to 10.00

Old 04-16-2016, 08:11 AM
I was wondering why your second mod for better words would be something you were not going to use. Your original statement was a 10.0 I take that as a 10 flat and there is a world of difference from 10.1 to 10.00

Oh okay, I see...here come these type of ****'s...but hey, let's deal with them as they come...LOL

No man, no world difference, but leaving some wiggle room in there just in case. I love to drag race, I've been doing so for a long time and know that sometimes at certain stages, it is hard to get that extra tenth or two.

For example with my C6Z, I was stuck in the 9.12's or so for darn near 6mons, until we finally played with some settings and now setting on 9.08's...would I ever get into the 9.0's flat over even 8.99999 zone? IDK but I am trying.

You feel me?

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 04-16-2016, 08:28 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
I think it is a laudable goal but impossible. But if you reach it then you will be a hero

The mark that I am really dying to see is Jeff get into the 8s with his super modified 991 Turbo. Huge fan of 918Spyder who pushes the envelope more than any other owner.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by E-Gear
Oh okay, I see...here come these type of ****'s...but hey, let's deal with them as they come...LOL

No man, no world difference, but leaving some wiggle room in there just in case. I love to drag race, I've been doing so for a long time and know that sometimes at certain stages, it is hard to get that extra tenth or two.

For example with my C6Z, I was stuck in the 9.12's or so for darn near 6mons, until we finally played with some settings and now setting on 9.08's...would I ever get into the 9.0's flat over even 8.99999 zone? IDK but I am trying.

You feel me?

Thanks,
E-Gear
First, no ****'s here you made a bold statement without ever taking your car to the track. I've run my car at many events and I know how hard it is to lower my times by hundreds of a second. With the limited mods your talking I think it is a really big difference. Now I'm all for you getting there I wish you the best of luck keep us posted. I know Sam has a large net work of people that can all help out too. I will be trying to better my times as well let's get there.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by sdg1871
I think it is a laudable goal but impossible. But if you reach it then you will be a hero

The mark that I am really dying to see is Jeff get into the 8s with his super modified 991 Turbo. Huge fan of 918Spyder who pushes the envelope more than any other owner.

When it comes to drag racing, I just love it when folks say that some things are impossible. It makes me laugh.

I sometime wonder why some of these folks say such things...could it because they can't do it and thus no one else can? Or, perhaps because lets say 15 people have tried it and the 16th person would also fail?

Whatever these folks reasons are, thankfully I never ever listen to them.

Then again, certain cats from this very forum said that WhiteTT would not be able to hit 175mph plus in a 1/2 mile and guess what? The man did it and now what?

So you see homeboy, never say impossible. Oh well, you can say and do what ever you want...I am not listening...mmmmkay

And yes, what Jeff is shooting for is pimp, I love it and hoping that he gets there. Would I ever say it is impossible? NEVER!!!

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 04-16-2016, 09:04 AM
First, no ****'s here you made a bold statement without ever taking your car to the track. I've run my car at many events and I know how hard it is to lower my times by hundreds of a second. With the limited mods your talking I think it is a really big difference. Now I'm all for you getting there I wish you the best of luck keep us posted. I know Sam has a large net work of people that can all help out too. I will be trying to better my times as well let's get there.

Cool!

True that! I live at the track and thus my bold statement.

I usually drag my personal cars or go with friends and assist with theirs. My vices are drag racing and baseball, and gardening here and there.

I don't drink or do drugs, or smoke or hang out at clubs...I just drag race, watch baseball; play it when I can and/or chill doing yard work...that's it. I can do those things fairly well and confident I can get to the 10.0 to 10'10's mark. If not, then oh well, but I will sure as heck try though.

I think boost by RPM/by Gear tuning will be key.

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 04-16-2016, 09:09 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Cheers E-Gear and nice work. I'm sure 10.4's are there that's just too damn close and you only got 2 runs. I understand all sides of it. And that includes the let's see what we can do with no limits side. I think some opinions, expectations and realities will shif and settle here. The cool part is that we all agree on the main goal so with that we can still enjoy. We will learn and collect data with the race gas run and keep moving. The in the end see where we sit with 93 and bolt ons.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Cheers E-Gear and nice work. I'm sure 10.4's are there that's just too damn close and you only got 2 runs. I understand all sides of it. And that includes the let's see what we can do with no limits side. I think some opinions, expectations and realities will shif and settle here. The cool part is that we all agree on the main goal so with that we can still enjoy. We will learn and collect data with the race gas run and keep moving. The in the end see where we sit with 93 and bolt ons.

Cool man. Thank you for stepping up and willing to help.

I like your "why not, let's try it" approach as well, but with safety and longevity as the core goal. That's all I am asking for.

I'm sure somewhere, somebody back in the day said you can't mix/put peanut butter and jelly together...and looked what happened. To me, it is one of the best sandwiches ever. LOL

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 04-16-2016, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Haha nice one!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.