Real Stage 4 map from Sambo at ByDesign

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 09:52 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adibaiz
Please do let me know if you have any suggestions on how to properly attach it or if there's a specific clamp that works...Thanks!
My mechanics tried other clamps but the OEM clamp works best it's just that it loosens up after a while and the surface of the hose is kind of slippery so under really high boost, it can move around a little. After a while, it slips off the lip and the hose looses it's seal or blows off depending on the circumstances. The two sound different for sure. The best approach is to learn how to fix it yourself because there is no permanent solution I don't believe. I bought a backup hose but have never installed it so I still have the original and it's OK. This is just a minor inconvenience AFAIAC.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:31 AM
adibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wrs
My mechanics tried other clamps but the OEM clamp works best it's just that it loosens up after a while and the surface of the hose is kind of slippery so under really high boost, it can move around a little. After a while, it slips off the lip and the hose looses it's seal or blows off depending on the circumstances. The two sound different for sure. The best approach is to learn how to fix it yourself because there is no permanent solution I don't believe. I bought a backup hose but have never installed it so I still have the original and it's OK. This is just a minor inconvenience AFAIAC.
Thanks for the info...i kind of hate it that there is no permanent fix...i guess we just have to wait and see how long the fix will last, lol