Michelin PSS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 07:38 PM
ColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to behold
Having experienced all of these tires on different cars, I can say the best to me are the Trofeo R. Not sure if they make these for the TTS yet but it is what I will definitely replace my OEM tires with when the time comes.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:41 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ColdList
Having experienced all of these tires on different cars, I can say the best to me are the Trofeo R. Not sure if they make these for the TTS yet but it is what I will definitely replace my OEM tires with when the time comes.
Who would win a race - a car on a Trofeo R or a car on PSS on a rainy day like today?

Old 08-24-2016, 10:28 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
R compound are worthless in the rain.

Old 08-25-2016, 05:40 AM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shifter_
R compound are worthless in the rain.
Exactly. And it's not unusual that you go for a drive and as long the way you encounter rainfall. One of my friends used to run R tires on his 1M. Was driving across a bridge, rain started, ended up crashing into the barrier.

DOT is just kidding everyone calling this a street tire.

Old 08-25-2016, 07:17 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Exactly. And it's not unusual that you go for a drive and as long the way you encounter rainfall. One of my friends used to run R tires on his 1M. Was driving across a bridge, rain started, ended up crashing into the barrier.

I don't drive my TTS in the rain for a large number of reasons but this is just one additional reason (if I had the performance tires) that I wouldn't. I have a RR Sport that I use for a DD when I have more than one other passenger, when the weather is bad, when I have to go off road and when I need to carry more than a tennis bag or a gym bag or a couple of bags of groceries.

I think you can't have your cake and eat it too with this car. It's not a DD if it's all decked out for the track or dragstrip. It is limited as a DD even if it's not too tricked out for various other reasons I mentioned already. So far I have been OK at the track with the older OEM Pzeros. Sure the car would do better with the grippier tires but I drive a lot more miles on the street than the track. So I can live with the OEM PZeros that everyone loves to hate. LOL!

Old 08-25-2016, 08:58 AM
ColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to behold
Who would win a race - a car on a Trofeo R or a car on PSS on a rainy day like today?
I'd win Mit. I always win-LOL!

Actually, I had them on my 675LT and surprisingly they weren't terrible. Granted, I didn't drive it in the rain much but you probably know me well enough to know that not much stops me from getting them out on the road. I would have no fear of them on AWD.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:37 AM
. I would have no fear of them on AWD.
That's what the other guy used to say.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:49 AM
That's what the other guy used to say.
They are GREAT tires!

Old 08-25-2016, 04:53 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
They do make Trofeo R's for the TTS Ive got a brand new set ready to go on

Old 10-21-2016, 02:21 AM
reisskhan is on a distinguished road
Hi when you guys keep refering to Michelin Pilot Super Sports your not on about the Cup 2's just the normal MPSS non Cups yes?

Reason is here in the U.K apart from the Cup 2 the normal PSS are non N Rated tyres are you people using or reffering to the non N Rated ones or using the Sport Cup 2 which are N Rated?

Reason is need a set of 4 new tyres for the 991.1 tts which is used a Daily Driver and the only options & availability in the N Rated is follows

Sizes:

245/35/20

305/30/20

Brands:

Pirelli PZero N0 & N1 (91Y & 103Y)

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 N0 (91Y & 103Y)

Dunlop Maxi Sprort Max Race N0 (91Y & 103Y)

There doesn't seem to be any options out there in the market

Unless am looking in the wrong places?

Also are important is it to use the N Rated tyres as that seems to be limiting the choice and if W nip going for the PZero will the new N1 Compound be the better option even though the car came with PZero N0 as standard?

Thanks

Old 10-21-2016, 07:00 AM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
PSS are not N rated. That's correct. Doesn't make them any less great.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:25 PM
Apart from they are not N Rated elsewise they are a good choice to chose from?

Assume people stick to the N Rated tyres for warranty purposes?

Originally Posted by shifter_
PSS are not N rated. That's correct. Doesn't make them any less great.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by reisskhan
Apart from they are not N Rated elsewise they are a good choice to chose from?

Assume people stick to the N Rated tyres for warranty purposes?
I don't see how N-rated affects warranty given that the tires are not covered by the Porsche warranty.

A lot of people I know switched to PSS and are very happy with it. I will probably switch once my P Zeros are done. But am hoping the new PS4S is out by then.

Old 10-24-2016, 04:01 PM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
I don't see how N-rated affects warranty given that the tires are not covered by the Porsche warranty.

A lot of people I know switched to PSS and are very happy with it. I will probably switch once my P Zeros are done. But am hoping the new PS4S is out by then.
+1!

I am very happy with Michelin PSS.
I used them on my GT3 and now using them on my TT.

While I can't speak to those who lose sleep over N rated tires, lack of has never affected warranty on the GT3, same holds true on my TT!

Old 10-24-2016, 05:39 PM
Here in the U.K N rated tyres are a must for warranty etc

Not the same over there in U.S?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Michelin PSS