Diff between tunes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 12:53 PM
nabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to all
Diff between tunes?

Howdy all

I am new to the platform, just picked up a 991 TTS on sunday.

Wanted to get an exhaust, which I have made a thread on, and the next logical step seems to be tuning.

I see 4 main things when I google tunes for this car
GIAC
COBB
EVOMS
VELOS

Are there any discernible differences between these options? And pros/con to any that are major?

Thank you.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:01 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
In the past this would require popcorn lol! I think now there are enough members with tuned cars that you will get good feedback. Let me know if I can help you with anything at all! Any direction you go I would gladly answer questions and offer guarantees but will leave it to you to reach out

Old 08-10-2016, 01:28 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
GIAC or Cobb are the only 2 worth anything.

I've run both. They each have their pros and cons. I would give an edge to Cobb because of the AP.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:20 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Having been to Velos shop before I would say they come across to me as a shoestring operation to me.

Cobb seems to be the tuner of choice among most here.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:03 PM
nabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to all
I am leaning towards COBB because of the AP, but I can't find any power number sheets on their website, just percentages.

Based on what you folks have said, i take it this is not something the majority of folks here are too worried about.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:58 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
I have some info and dyno data I can send you on the AP.
What stage are you looking at?
Any other mods with tune?

Old 08-10-2016, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
I have some info and dyno data I can send you on the AP.
What stage are you looking at?
Any other mods with tune?
stage 1 for now, my plans for the car include Y pipe, air intake, and maybe a cat back.

Like I said I am new to the platform, I will defer suggestions to you. I will PM you and we can talk.

Thank you

Old 08-10-2016, 04:01 PM
Former Vendor
Cheers. I am here on pm, email or text in my signature anytime and I can stand behind every step for your comfort and confidence! These cars are truly amazing!

Old 08-10-2016, 04:10 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nabizzy
Howdy all

I am new to the platform, just picked up a 991 TTS on sunday.

Wanted to get an exhaust, which I have made a thread on, and the next logical step seems to be tuning.

I see 4 main things when I google tunes for this car
GIAC
COBB
EVOMS
VELOS

Are there any discernible differences between these options? And pros/con to any that are major?

Thank you.

Ive been there, Call up Sam he will hook you up with Cobb, you will be happy

Old 08-10-2016, 04:28 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
I just started with Sam / Cobb..I'm now at stage two and soon to be three..awesome knowledge and support...you need not look elsewhere :thumbs:

Old 08-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
I'd suggest you start with a call to Sam..but be prepared to be soon addicted

Old 08-10-2016, 07:15 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Having been to Velos shop before I would say they come across to me as a shoestring operation to me.
From what I remember Velos was split from Active a while ago and the tuner (Omar) ended up at Velos. They are the first in the US to bring a flash tune to the i8 so I'm considering them. Curious about your impressions with their tune if you did a 991 tune with them. Thx.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:15 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Where are you located nabizzy?

We use GIAC software, which is always custom calibrated to work with our various hardware upgrades, which are all designed and manufactured in-house. There are several different stages of hardware and software tunes available, mostly depending on your goals for power in the longrun. We've got something for everyone, from simple software upgrades, to 68mm turbo packages....all with that signature GIAC daily drivability and on-the-fly map switching.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you happen to be in South Florida, stop by any time.

Old 08-11-2016, 05:28 PM
918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute
Depending on your needs and potential upgrades, warranty, drivability, racing etc, I suggest you contact each vendor to discuss their product. You will see happy users for Cobb and GIAC on this forum and it makes for a lot of good jabs back and forth. However, at the end of the day, we are all achieving our goals and sharing information.
I currently run Cobb but have bought parts etc thru Champion (GIAC). I am not tied to a specific package as I try to build my own thru a lot of research and trial and error!
Let us know what you choose but I suspect you will be happy either way.

Jeff

Old 08-12-2016, 09:14 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=shifter_;4548107]GIAC or Cobb are the only 2 worth anything.]

I agree with Shifter. Cobb or GIAC. There are endless pages on each. The primary reason I would pick either is the amount of support you would get. Just look at the responses from Tom at Champion or Sam and Mitch for COBB. That in itself is worth all the money.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Diff between tunes?