Another ByDesign 991.2 TTS

Old 01-05-2017, 09:17 AM
DC7391 is on a distinguished road
Another ByDesign 991.2 TTS

Today Boden Autohaus will be installing my By Design stage III. As there is still no tuning available for the '17 this is as far as i can go. Here are some photos of what Sam sent me.

Last edited by DC7391; 01-05-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Uthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond repute
Gee, those parts all look really familiar. You're going to love the setup, it's awesome!

Old 01-05-2017, 11:21 AM
zerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nice
How long do those O2 spacers last at not causing a CEL?

All the parts look great btw

Old 01-05-2017, 11:32 AM
Apparently there have been no issues with CEL at this time. One person had the light come on but once cleared, its not been back. Time will tell.
Originally Posted by zerix
How long do those O2 spacers last at not causing a CEL?

All the parts look great btw

Old 01-05-2017, 11:42 AM
Uthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond repute
I've got about 1500 miles on this setup and no CEL.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:01 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Congrats on the car and the fun stuff D! I can't wait to hear your and Boden's feedback on the set up! I still get super exited every time!

Old 01-06-2017, 09:39 AM
Few more photos from the install.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:22 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Very nice!

I am following the progress of the 991.2 platform and am very interested in how this comes out.

Sam, is there a tune now available for the 991.2 or are you guys just seeing how these bolt ons make a difference in performance as we wait on cracking the 991.2 ECU?

From what I see these 991.2 are a good bit faster then the 991.1 from the get go, like 4-6mph faster in the 1/4 and about 7-8 in the 1/2 mile.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hey Bobby! We are closer to tuning and I think we will see stuff this 1/4! These cars are definitely super fast and impressive out of the box. We been able to make impressive ground with just the By Design/Kline full exhaust set up. And with the complete By Design stage III hardware we are seeing even more improvement in trap speeds and feel. It's gonna be another fun year!

Old 01-11-2017, 01:36 PM
All done. Came out amazing. Fit/Finish/Service. A+

Old 01-11-2017, 03:23 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Looks sick with those 101's. Congrats.

Old 01-11-2017, 08:51 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
So my question is without turning and introducing what looks to be like a lot more air mixture how does the car perform?

Seems the way to do this would be starting with an exhaust (cat back) or no cats and then or in conjunction with a tune? but what do I know?

My .2 feels faster everyday (stock)5k miles now and it defiantly feels faster than my stage 2 .1
cheers and really excited to see how this plays out

Old 01-17-2017, 12:28 PM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
I'm almost sure these cars, the minute they get tuned, 9's in the quarter will be a sneeze. Incredible feat.

enjoy in good health.

Old 01-18-2017, 02:51 PM
I agree, and i was only going to do the headers and exhaust but with everything off, it was no big deal. The car feels and runs great. And the sound.....its hard to stay out of the gas. I have clocked 500 miles and zero issues. But that tune cant come fast enough.

Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
So my question is without turning and introducing what looks to be like a lot more air mixture how does the car perform?

Seems the way to do this would be starting with an exhaust (cat back) or no cats and then or in conjunction with a tune? but what do I know?

My .2 feels faster everyday (stock)5k miles now and it defiantly feels faster than my stage 2 .1
cheers and really excited to see how this plays out

Old 01-18-2017, 03:53 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Awesome thread! Looks great and I am sure it performs even better!

Congrats!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.