SoCal Euro 1/8 Mile Competition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 01:10 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
SoCal Euro 1/8 Mile Competition

I had to fend off a 960 wheel HP LS turbo'd 944 drag car to win SoCalEuro (Qualcomm Stadium) 1/8 mile drag race by 0.01 seconds - my 6.72 to his 6.73. My best trap speed was 110.3 mph and the 944 went 115.9 mph. I was on pump 91 gas. Mods are GIAC tune, Champion 68mm turbos, Champion intercoolers, Champion exhaust and custom meth system.

There was a large crowd and they were going nuts for the 944 and my car to match up we went 3 times and each race was within 1 car length gave the crowd a great show.

It had rained a lot and the track was slick even with rear r888's I was spinning mid-track and sliding left and right so ET and traps were a bit limited. The 944 is a 126 mph trap 1/8 mile and 160 mph trap 1/4 mile on a proper strip so it was amazing to be able to hang with a car like that.

There was another tune / catless exhaust 991.1 Turbo S that trapped 101mph and a Huracan with exhaust that also trapped 101mph.

Was terrific to win at a GIAC sponsored event with thousands on hand to see. HUGE thanks to GIAC and ChampionMotorsports for making such an amazing and reliable bolt on / upgraded turbo package. My race gas tune makes another 50 wheel HP and on a proper strip with good prep it should see 113 mph 1/8 mile traps if I ever go back to the strip.

Cheers.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo970.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	512267   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo751.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	512270   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo686.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	512272   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo532.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	512273  
Old 09-08-2017, 01:12 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Here's pics and some slips of the 944 on its first time to the strip. It's since been dialed in for more power.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo462.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	499.5 KB
ID:	512274   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo375.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	512275   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo382.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	512276  
Old 09-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like fun, congrats...

Old 09-08-2017, 08:35 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Nice job. Like to hear about all the modes done to your 991 turbo S. I just picked mine up and coming out of a modded 997 turbo the 991 is a completely different animal even in stock form.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:08 AM
DanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to behold
Congrats! Great result!

Old 09-09-2017, 02:35 PM
bugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to behold
longboarder, thanks for coming out and showing us your TurboS!

I think there's a video of 944 vs your car online

Old 09-14-2017, 04:51 PM
Former Vendor
HG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to all
Nice runs! He's not kidding about the slippery conditions, Qualcomm is slippery enough when it's dry which it certainly was not!

Old 09-14-2017, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Sounds like fun, congrats...

Thx brother. Hope everything is getting back to normal for you.

Originally Posted by M3 S3-R
Nice job. Like to hear about all the modes done to your 991 turbo S. I just picked mine up and coming out of a modded 997 turbo the 991 is a completely different animal even in stock form.

Since the 991.1 has very small turbos, it really needs some 68's to keep up with modded 997.2's and 991.2's. You're in California? Bring your car out to our airstrip events...you'll have a blast.

Originally Posted by DanWeber
Congrats! Great result!

Thx brother. It's not as quick as the silver bullet but I'm working on it!

Originally Posted by bugzysd
longboarder, thanks for coming out and showing us your TurboS!

I think there's a video of 944 vs your car online

Haha saw the vids thx.

Originally Posted by HG Performance
Nice runs! He's not kidding about the slippery conditions, Qualcomm is slippery enough when it's dry which it certainly was not!

The spinning mid-track was sketchy. I was moving a couple feet left and right just to keep the car in a straight line.

I wish there were better places for us to race in OC and SD. Property values will never let that happen tho.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:38 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice win Long - you are the "from a dig" Champion by far and you don't seem to enjoy drag racing much based on your posts.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Stage7
Nice win Long - you are the "from a dig" Champion by far and you don't seem to enjoy drag racing much based on your posts.
The issue is on the strip I'm holding my breath on every launch. It's an uneasy feeling. I've broken one axle and don't want to do it again. Was happy to win but even more happy to just be able to drive the car home.

That's why I love the airstrip. Terrible surface to launch and allows the tires to spin which is great for the drivetrain. Can do it over and over no issue.

Old 09-17-2017, 03:53 PM
Speaking of airstrip, just went out to do some testing on a bad surface by my house. It replicates airstrip conditions. Just did a 5.31 second 0-100mph. The road curves at 90mph so tough but fun to stay in it. Looking forward to airstrip to see what it does in the half mile.

Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2017, 09:01 AM
Former Vendor
HG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to all
Originally Posted by longboarder
The spinning mid-track was sketchy. I was moving a couple feet left and right just to keep the car in a straight line.

I wish there were better places for us to race in OC and SD. Property values will never let that happen tho.
Amen to your last point, we have a HUGE community of amazing sportscar owners in San Diego and we have to drive for way too long to get to any good tracks.

I ran the 1/8 mile at So Cal Euro 2 or 3 years ago in my old supercharged M3 and was still spinning the rear tires across the finish line.

Old 09-18-2017, 11:25 AM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
Congrats Adam! Killing it.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:47 PM
bugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to behold
Considering the close proximity of Qualcomm Stadium, it's hard to beat, but would be nice to have a 1/4 mile track.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.