Champion/GIAC 991.2 Turbo S hits the 1/4 mile...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 11:17 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Champion/GIAC 991.2 Turbo S hits the 1/4 mile...

A customer of ours hit the 1/4 mile last night with his GIAC tuned 991.2 Turbo S.

The car ran a 10.28 @ 133.99mph. Pretty solid results considering the minimal upgrades to the car!

The car has installed:
  • GIAC Stage 2 Software
  • Tubi Race Exhaust
  • H&R Springs
Enjoy

Last edited by Tom@Champion; 12-15-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:35 PM
v10tt has a spectacular aura aboutv10tt has a spectacular aura about
Old 12-15-2017, 01:57 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
^^ Thanks v100tt! Updated my post with the better vid

Old 12-16-2017, 10:56 AM
solipsistik is an unknown quantity at this point
Interesting. My 991.2 trapped higher than that bone stock, however. And ran similar traps for several more runs before the track conditions went off, as well.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:36 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by solipsistik
Interesting. My 991.2 trapped higher than that bone stock, however. And ran similar traps for several more runs before the track conditions went off, as well.

This is why many have said, we need before and after results and this is referring not just to Champion/GIAC, but all tuner especially these newer 991.2's.

Old 12-16-2017, 03:07 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
675hp is with no catts. Straight pipe to the exhaust correct? Pump fuel 91 octane?

Old 12-16-2017, 04:36 PM
Former Vendor
That's an impressive trap speed for a stock car! What was your ET in that run?

This car is still running factory intercoolers, so by mid run the car's suffering a bit from heat which slows it down in the last 1/8 for sure. Once we install our intercooler kit and revise the tuning, it will definitely pick up some top end and increase the trap speed. Keep in mind also that the owner said the track was very poorly prepped (if at all) and he was suffering from a bit of wheelspin too, which I'm guessing hurt the trap speed a little bit.

Originally Posted by M3 S3-R
675hp is with no catts. Straight pipe to the exhaust correct? Pump fuel 91 octane?
The publisher of the video most likely meant 675 crank hp. This setup makes about 575 whp on the dyno, so it's somewhere in that 675 crank hp area I'm guessing.

Last edited by Tom@Champion; 12-16-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:44 PM
zerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nice
Wasn't this a stock car too? Just a Kline? 10.29 @ 132.19

Old 12-17-2017, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
That's an impressive trap speed for a stock car! What was your ET in that run?
10.68. The car was stock right down to the manuals, toolboxes, compressor and P-Zeros. Tire pressures, too.

So of course, it spun the tires a bit in first and again in 2nd, which you can see for the 60' time. Car had about 25,000km on it at the time. Elevation around 400' asl and around 28C ambient temps.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
10.68. The car was stock right down to the manuals, toolboxes, compressor and P-Zeros. Tire pressures, too.

So of course, it spun the tires a bit in first and again in 2nd, which you can see for the 60' time. Car had about 25,000km on it at the time. Elevation around 400' asl and around 28C ambient temps.

Wow!! You must have a VERY strong factory car as most 991.2's I have seen are trapping 130-133's! Your 136 is crazy man! Most 991.1 need flash, exhaust + to hit that mph!

Not that it matters to much on a factory car , but what fuel were you running?

Old 12-17-2017, 01:23 PM
I used straight-up Canadian Tire 91. Only the best. HAHAHA

No, seriously.

The car is just fast. I put it down to me and the first owner giving the motor no mercy at all. Lots of high boost / high load throttle at every opportunity. It seals up the rings, the oil is almost clean when it comes out of the motor and it makes huge power, dead stock. I have found the same with every motor I've ever built or bought. People think they are saving the motor by driving easy... but that's not how physics works, got to get the rings loaded up and sealing against the cylinder walls with lots of throttle load, especially when the motor is new... and the oil doesn't get contaminated by blowby. I have a 600cc bike with degreed cams and a mild head port that makes 140hp to the wheel... same reason, it's never had a quiet moment. Warm it up fully, and give it hell. You won't hurt it.

Last edited by solipsistik; 12-17-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor
Holy Crap! 135.99 mph trap speed?? That's what a car making 650+ wheel HP should be running. That's one hell of an awesome run for a stock car!

Old 12-18-2017, 04:01 PM
The track was deteriorating but I backed it up with many 10.8@134 runs before conditions got too bad to run into the 10s. And your comment is not wrong, I don't know how it is but my buddy was there with a GT500 Mustang with some modifications that had just run 687whp on the dyno that week... I was .1-.3 seconds quicker than him on his drag radials and from 7-8mph faster through the traps every time... he was getting pretty frustrated. When I beat him by .1s and 7mph with a passenger in my car, he gave up... lol

Old 12-23-2017, 06:35 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Now I get it. I was thinking why the MPH was a little slower than expected. So this vid was part of a larger production of Drag Times vs their 720S.

Before the vid Brooks from DT quoted the DA which was virtually the identical DA as the when the stock 720S in the NorthEast trapped 147mph a few weeks ago at a different track....but here at this track same DA, the 720S could only manage low 140's.

Sounds like this track is just a low reader.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:26 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
That track is PBIR in Palm Beach, FL. It has it’s good days and bad days. When they prep it properly it is awesome!

Manuel

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Champion/GIAC 991.2 Turbo S hits the 1/4 mile...