Looking for guesstimates on 991.2 Turbo S depreciation

Old 02-08-2018, 02:59 PM
muker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the rough
Looking for guesstimates on 991.2 Turbo S depreciation

I was originally set on a 991.1 TTS but after much consideration and given that I keep my cars for many years, I have decided to bite the bullet and go for a 2017 991.2 TTS. Based on the experience that people have on depreciation on used Turbos, I am looking for estimates on price drops particularly with the new 992 coming out soon (regular 911 and later Turbo). I have a cap of $160k and requirements are CPO and under 10k miles. I am in no rush.

I am seeing that there are a couple cars that meet this criteria in the $171-$175k range. I haven't negotiated aggressively but from initial conversations with dealers, sense they could lower price $2-5k but not drop it by over $10k.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-11-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:48 AM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
One thing you can't overlook is the MSRP increase on the .2 over the .1. Even with similar depreciation percentages the price is still going to be higher this time around.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:30 PM
muker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by shifter_
One thing you can't overlook is the MSRP increase on the .2 over the .1. Even with similar depreciation percentages the price is still going to be higher this time around.
I checked that 991.1 was base $182,700 vs 991.2 at $188,100. Doesn’t seem like that big of a difference.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:21 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Unless it's changed since I ordered my 2017, there are much less 991.2 Turbo S being allocated compared to the .1.

My salesman told me Porsche did not like the discounting going on with unsold .1 TS a couple years in a row due to unsold new inventory.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by Stage7
Unless it's changed since I ordered my 2017, there are much less 991.2 Turbo S being allocated compared to the .1.

My salesman told me Porsche did not like the discounting going on with unsold .1 TS a couple years in a row due to unsold new inventory.
Is there a way to get the actual sales numbers or production numbers by month for the TTS 991.2? I am highly skeptical of anything a salesman says. A couple weeks ago I was looking at a 2016 TTS, and the salesman said that Porsche was not producing the 2018 TTS until mid-year because they were focused on the VW emissions issues. Therefore, I should get the 2016...

Old 02-11-2018, 08:54 AM
Found this site that shows sales for the 911 in the US by month but there is no more detailed breakdown by model

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales...e/porsche-911/

Old 02-11-2018, 10:53 AM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by muker

I checked that 991.1 was base $182,700 vs 991.2 at $188,100. Doesn’t seem like that big of a difference.
The S was a much larger difference. You also have to take into account the increase in cost of options. From what I was seeing it's 5-7%+

Old 02-11-2018, 01:37 PM
The S was a much larger difference. You also have to take into account the increase in cost of options. From what I was seeing it's 5-7%+
the prices I quoted were for the Base TTS versions of the car.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:47 PM

the prices I quoted were for the Base TTS versions of the car.
Nobody buys a stripped down TTS. Most .1s were 200k and most .2s are closer to 220k. You have to look at the real world not theoretical numbers

Old 02-11-2018, 01:55 PM
I have been checking several cars and have yet to find one with sticker at $220k (for coupes). In my limited experience, the 991.1s I have been checking have been stickering in the low $190s and the 991.2s in the high $190s. The most expensive 991.2 I have found so far was $207k. Maybe people that loaded them to $220k are not selling them yet! Net, my guess would be a real world difference of about $7k more on the 991.2...

Old 02-11-2018, 07:55 PM
No idea what you're looking at in terms of sticker but you're way low.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:41 PM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
I have been checking several cars and have yet to find one with sticker at $220k (for coupes). In my limited experience, the 991.1s I have been checking have been stickering in the low $190s and the 991.2s in the high $190s. The most expensive 991.2 I have found so far was $207k. Maybe people that loaded them to $220k are not selling them yet! Net, my guess would be a real world difference of about $7k more on the 991.2...
My TT was $188k and wasn’t unusually high. Here in Utah $210-220k seems typical for a TTS and $240k builds aren’t out of the norm. A TTS build under $200k sure would be... why bother to custom spec a 991.2 TTS under ~$210k - instead you could just get it off the lot somewhere and get a lot car discount to make up for the cost of the options.

Maybe your observation about people not selling them yet is spot on.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:19 AM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Mine stickered at $219, and I only had three "normal" options I didn't take (leather on the door sill, which wears terribly; alcantara/leather sun visors (the matching espresso alcantara or leather didnt exist at that particular moment), and the glass sunroof.

My car has two "window stickers" in order to contain all the options, but I built it as a life-time car where I figured I may only get to spend that kind of money once and plan to will it to my kids.