Holy Depreciation! Time to buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:31 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Holy Depreciation! Time to buy?

Well I'm always the pessimist but it looks like it's about time people actually start driving their cars instead of sitting on them.

Beverly Hills Motorcars has a 2700 mile 05' F430 Spider at $169,500.00
25% off of just 3 months ago pricing. 06' Coupe for $159,500.00 and a Bentley (Always way over priced but finally down to the correct amount) GT w/ 800 miles for $95k. That's half price in 2 years.

So for all of you out there hoping for resale drive the sh$t out of them and have some fun. 09 won't be so good on your mind set if you don't play a little.

Now's the time to buy guys go out and find that car you've always wanted and put it in the garage.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:50 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Let me know when you see the Bugatti drop under 1 mil. And make sure it's white.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Time to go to Fred meyer and put the Coinstar into use!

I hope some of these stay in the US and dont make the trip over the pond. At the moment I am no where near the position that would allow me to dive into cars like these but it would be nice if they stuck around just in case I come into a nice fortune mysteriously

Old 01-05-2009, 11:11 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
With this economy I think "a buck a day snowshoeing in Paradise" is a more appropriate hobby for most of us. And they even offer Ferrari red shoes too. Wow!

Old 01-05-2009, 11:16 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
Time to go to Fred meyer and put the Coinstar into use!

I hope some of these stay in the US and dont make the trip over the pond. At the moment I am no where near the position that would allow me to dive into cars like these but it would be nice if they stuck around just in case I come into a nice fortune mysteriously

The Euro is dumping like a rock. Don't worry about the fad of the cars going across the pond right now. By summer they say the Euro will be real close to the US Dollar Good or Bad who knows for sure.

The trickle down economics are simple though. If a 430 Spider is worth 150k whats a 50k sports car going to be worth?

Old 01-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Thats what I have been telling the wife. She thinks we should trade in the lotus for an SUV but I'm not sure I want to take the hit with the way the economy is at them moment. Just doesn't make sense.

Now we just need to get that 150k f430 to 50k then we'll be in business haha. Doesn't hurt to dream.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:03 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Seriously... if it weren't for the crappy housing market I'd probably be buying one of those F-cars by now LOL. Construction is down BIG TIME.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Ok another wanted by all car
04 Challenge Stradale $150k. 4 months ago most were above 200k
http://www.ferrarichat.com/ferrariad...uct=2386&cat=2

Old 01-05-2009, 03:18 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
I'm happy with what I have. I just would like some decent weather so I could take it out for a drive and blow the dust off of it. Summer tires just don't cut it when the temperature is less than 45 degrees.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:21 PM
^^ I thought you were one of the guys that traded summer for winters? I'm shocked.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Ok another wanted by all car
04 Challenge Stradale $150k. 4 months ago most were above 200k
http://www.ferrarichat.com/ferrariad...uct=2386&cat=2
Nothing is bullet proof in a time like this. Not even the timeless CS. Can't wait for you to find me the twin to your white spider for $150K.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Nothing is bullet proof in a time like this. Not even the timeless CS. Can't wait for you to find me the twin to your white spider for $150K.
no twins to my white spider for 150 back at ya. 08's much more money longer warranty all with ceramics. will they get cheaper. yep. but so will the CS's before the end.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:44 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
^^ I thought you were one of the guys that traded summer for winters? I'm shocked.
I do for the Audi, but not the Porch.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:48 PM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
I just took my wheels off this morning to have some air leaks fixed. Once they are back, I will be driving the snot out of mine. I'm trailering it to Cali for a car show at the end of the month. Then I will be driving it like crazy down there. Until the economy changes, I'm gonna enjoy what I have.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:49 PM
no twins to my white spider for 150 back at ya. 08's much more money longer warranty all with ceramics. will they get cheaper. yep. but so will the CS's before the end.
Stop being pessimistic and keep an eye out for me. Once the white Scud spider arrives in 2010, the F430 spider is just taking up space. I can imagine how it'll look on top of my R8 already.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Holy Depreciation! Time to buy?