P1373 Code.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 06:54 AM
dkphelps is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok Jay, thanks for coming forward and telling us about your experience with the P1373 code. This makes about 4 of us now who experienced this right after installing the Cobb PDK software. I am sure that there are a lot more people out there who are having this problem but have just not reported it yet. Everyone dealing with this has tried different things to alleviate it, but so far no luck. I have completely uninstalled my Cobb AP including the engine ECU and Pdk software, This has helped reduce the frequency of the code but it is still there. If we continue to get more people with this problem telling us what they have tried, soon or later maybe we will accumulate enought data to figure it out.

Old 01-16-2019, 03:53 PM
jay991turboS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Emre@Esmotor
Have you tried replacing the valve lift solenoid?

The one that is near the spark plugs. I would start with that.
Bank2 is passenger side.

Then go other stuff one by one.

I just changed bank 1 and 2 valve lift solenoids, four o2 sensors upstream and downstream, both oil restrictors, 2 map sensors. Code p1372 still came back on after 100 miles. Car is a 2014 991 turbo S with europipe and 4.5" intercoolers. I will take off the europipe and put the stock exhaust back on and see what happens. Maybe there is some kind of blockage in the exhaust but I doubt it. Still baffled at this point.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:51 AM
Jay, you certainly have made an all out attempt to try to find the cause of the P1373 code. In doing so you have eliminated many of the possible cause for it. In your message you mention that the code you are getting is P1372, is that a typo and did you mean P 1373?
My car has had the Cobb uninstalled for now for more than a month, and although i still have all of the stage 4 hardware, I am running without a tune. And before any tunner will tune the car, they want to know the condition of the engine. So we did a leak down test on it to determine this. It passed that will no problem but we found that the spark plugs were completely fuel fouled, it must of been caused by the Cobb running a very rich mixture. So they are being replaced along with the coil packs. But the most serious problem that was found was the right 68 mm turbo had bad oil seals and was leaking oil into the intercooler. Both turbos have been removed and sent out for repairs to a local turbo rebuilder. We hope to them back and the car running again within a couple of weeks

Last edited by dkphelps; 02-25-2019 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Update
Old 01-17-2019, 09:11 AM
Hi, no not a typo. P1372 is the drivers side bank 1, p1373 is passenger side bank 2. Same problem different sides. I did replace the spark plugs while I was in there but no difference.

I'm glad they found your problem. Hope yours is resolved once the turbos get back. Keep us posted.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:59 PM
Yes I thought that it might have been that but all of the codes that I have seen have been on bank 2. Well hopefully the repairs that I am doing will cure the problem, but either way I will let you know.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:47 PM
schnell1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Guys,
I recently got a new client into the shop with a 2014 991.1 Turbo
While driving he experienced the notorious "PDK malfunction" shift paddles stop working, etc.
Cycle off ignition and restart to be able to continuing driving.
This Porsche does NOT have a Cobb tuner and is setting the P1373 code
I will be going thru the diagnostic steps to attempt to figure out the issue.
There are various conditions that can influence this issue. Seems that alot of you are replacing parts with the return of the code.
Has anyone updated the ECU and PDK at a Porsche dealership using the latest software files from Germany ?
I wonder if there is a corruption inside the DME that is creating this ?

Old 02-25-2019, 12:04 PM
My P1373 code is gone

In my last post I mentioned that my car was diagnosed with a bad 68mm turbo on bank 2. Both turbos were removed and sent to a turbo rebuilder. They replaced all of the seals and replaced the bearings with new ceramic bearings. They were reinstalled on the car along with a new set of plugs and coil packs. The car received a tune by Evolution Motor Sports, which included thier AP device. I have a 91 octane map and a 100 octane map which I am able to change at any time. Since the repairs and upgrades were done I have not had a P1373 code and no longer have a problem shifting from 1st to 2nd as I did with the Cobb.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by dkphelps
In my last post I mentioned that my car was diagnosed with a bad 68mm turbo on bank 2. Both turbos were removed and sent to a turbo rebuilder. They replaced all of the seals and replaced the bearings with new ceramic bearings. They were reinstalled on the car along with a new set of plugs and coil packs. The car received a tune by Evolution Motor Sports, which included thier AP device. I have a 91 octane map and a 100 octane map which I am able to change at any time. Since the repairs and upgrades were done I have not had a P1373 code and no longer have a problem shifting from 1st to 2nd as I did with the Cobb.
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it's solved.

Update: For anyone else who has this p1372 code and replacing the valve lift solenoid doesn't work and nothing else fixes it. The solution in my case was replacing a faulty changeover valve (the one next to the throttle body). Once the dealer replaced this changeover valve under warranty the code hasn't returned in 10k miles.

Last edited by jay991turboS; 09-17-2019 at 03:14 PM.