fab speed exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 03:28 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
fab speed exhaust

I just put a valve tronic Fabspeed exhaust on my 2018 911 TTS. I never knew what drone was until I got the car back with the valves open . OMG at 2000-3000 RPM’s things vibrate and my ears feel like they are ringing. It is much better with the valves closed. The dealership told me it should settle down a bit with some usage. Is this usually the case? Is there something that can be done ?

Old 08-08-2018, 01:14 AM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by georgemaser
I just put a valve tronic Fabspeed exhaust on my 2018 911 TTS. I never knew what drone was until I got the car back with the valves open . OMG at 2000-3000 RPM’s things vibrate and my ears feel like they are ringing. It is much better with the valves closed. The dealership told me it should settle down a bit with some usage. Is this usually the case? Is there something that can be done ?
Are you running stock cats? Some people want as much noise as possible that's why there is the Valve. It will not settle down with time.

Old 08-08-2018, 04:56 AM
hcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to behold
As said it will not get better over time, you may get used to it. I talked to owners of all systems and I heard this issue with this exhaust from some owners, one owner who was selling one told me he was selling because of the drone, and some owners don't mind the drone at all, and told me that.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:10 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
I think it's the opposite. It won't become quiet over time, it'll get louder as the muffler packing wears with heat and pressure

Old 08-09-2018, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
George,

We have not heard of this issue before with our 991.2 TTS Valvetronic Exhaust. We've done extensive research into designing this system and have not had issues with drone.

I understand you're working with Phil & Jason - looking forward to getting this resolved for you.

- Alec