New 991 TTS owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 09:22 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Yup, my favorite color combo...

A few questions....

1. How in the world does this car not have back up camera?? Was it even an option on the 2014s?
2. Is there any harm in running the car with the spoiler up the entire time? Anything I should or shouldn't do? (e.g. Don't leave it up over night, don't leave it up in 'Park', etc.)
3. If running in Sport Plus in manual mode, will the car auto shift for me at redline? If it's like the Huracan, it will NOT auto shift in the most aggressive mode when in manual.
4. When opening the engine bonnet, is it really that very upper small portion of the rear bumper cutout that opens only?

I know these are all super noob-like question, but I am a super-noob so makes sense. lol. Thank you in advanced.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:18 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCvet00

A few questions....

1. How in the world does this car not have back up camera?? Was it even an option on the 2014s?
2. Is there any harm in running the car with the spoiler up the entire time? Anything I should or shouldn't do? (e.g. Don't leave it up over night, don't leave it up in 'Park', etc.)
3. If running in Sport Plus in manual mode, will the car auto shift for me at redline? If it's like the Huracan, it will NOT auto shift in the most aggressive mode when in manual.
4. When opening the engine bonnet, is it really that very upper small portion of the rear bumper cutout that opens only?

I know these are all super noob-like question, but I am a super-noob so makes sense. lol. Thank you in advanced.
1 - Not sure.

2 - My question to your #2 question is, why would you?

3 - Yes, I think it does to "save" itself.

4 - Yes. Crazy huh.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:15 AM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
what year is that OP? the front windshield tinted too?

Old 09-02-2018, 02:39 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute

A few questions....

1. Yes it was an option that most cars had. I think it was bundled in an option called Premium Package Plus which came with a few other essentials so most everyone was ordered with it. I'm guessing you also don't have keyless entry and drive. You could certainly get one installed now that hooks up to the head unit.
2. I wouldn't because the front spoiler comes down and is at risk for damage when going into driveways, speed bumps, etc. It can easily get dinged up or even popped.
3. No. However what it does is kill the throttle to protect the engine, which results in quite an uncomfortable jerking back of the driver and passengers. That is unless you have your foot all the way down to the floor so it's in kick down mode. Then it will auto shift at the redline.
4. Yes. Access to the engine requires taking off the rear wheels and back bumper

Old 09-02-2018, 03:12 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Congratulations akhi

And looking forward to hear it modded a little... Will be so much more fun for sure.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:23 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Big Swole
1 - Not sure.

2 - My question to your #2 question is, why would you?

3 - Yes, I think it does to "save" itself.

4 - Yes. Crazy huh.
Thanks. You're right, why would I, lol. Dumb, I was just curious.

Originally Posted by arjayr33
what year is that OP? the front windshield tinted too?
2014 TTS, yes slightly tinted. Surprisingly no effect at all on visibility. (Or maybe there is if I were to take it off and compare, lol)

Originally Posted by shifter_
1. Yes it was an option that most cars had. I think it was bundled in an option called Premium Package Plus which came with a few other essentials so most everyone was ordered with it. I'm guessing you also don't have keyless entry and drive. You could certainly get one installed now that hooks up to the head unit.
2. I wouldn't because the front spoiler comes down and is at risk for damage when going into driveways, speed bumps, etc. It can easily get dinged up or even popped.
3. No. However what it does is kill the throttle to protect the engine, which results in quite an uncomfortable jerking back of the driver and passengers. That is unless you have your foot all the way down to the floor so it's in kick down mode. Then it will auto shift at the redline.
4. Yes. Access to the engine requires taking off the rear wheels and back bumper
Excellent, thank you so much!

Originally Posted by 3llooi
Congratulations akhi

And looking forward to hear it modded a little... Will be so much more fun for sure.
Shukran brother. Light mods are coming soon.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:22 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Thanks. You're right, why would I, lol. Dumb, I was just curious.

2014 TTS, yes slightly tinted. Surprisingly no effect at all on visibility. (Or maybe there is if I were to take it off and compare, lol)

Excellent, thank you so much!

Shukran brother. Light mods are coming soon.

Best of luck! I hope you realize good gains and proven setup inshallah

Old 09-04-2018, 03:46 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Pretty lame for a $200k car, huh? My car was advertised with it when i bought it used, but it didn't actually have one...

Can't answer this one for sure but i'm sure it's not ideal if the system is pneumatic or hydraulic which would keep the system pressurized for an extended period. If gear driven, i'm sure it's ok. Can anyone chime in on the type of system?

Yep... this was at Super Car Sunday LOL

Last edited by Harry Da Hamster; 09-04-2018 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:54 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
-Needs more rumble
A nice exhaust and headers will fix that

-Rides a little stiffer than I was hoping for
DSC Sport will give you a more supple ride during regular driving

-No back up camera / front end lift system
There's a $1000 retrofit here, get the module and cam: NavTV

-Cluster/font/gauges are dated
LOL Everything will be outdated to the newest Audi/Lamborghini MMI

Old 09-05-2018, 07:19 PM
Thanks all. The modding has begun. Going to keep it super light starting off with an Kline cat-less exhaust from Sam and go from there. Excited to get it on and get some sound out of this little 6 cylinder.

Old 09-13-2018, 02:25 PM
Former Vendor
SRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these parts
Congrats, subscribed for the mod list .

Old 09-13-2018, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Should get there any day now Fadi. I will continue to help keep you off the pipe haha and see how this goes!
Sam, you are the man! So kind and generous. This goes a long way. Thank you!