What are people paying to install a cat back exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 12:23 PM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
What are people paying to install a cat back exhaust

I am planning on putting on a Sharkwerks catback muffler on my Turbo, what are people paying for the labor to install and do they have to remove the rear bumper to install. My dealer is talking about 5-7 hours at $175 and hour and the independent shop will not install unless they sell me the muffler.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:50 PM
aft86 has much to be proud ofaft86 has much to be proud ofaft86 has much to be proud ofaft86 has much to be proud ofaft86 has much to be proud ofaft86 has much to be proud ofaft86 has much to be proud ofaft86 has much to be proud of
Save the money for other mods, get under there yourself, it's not that hard. I did take my bumper off, which isn't complicated either. There are plenty of tutorials here or the other forum as well. You will need a buddy to hold it for you though. Specially when you're removingthe sensors. If they're rusty spray some wd40 before wrenching them off. Also, get spacers to minimize a CEL.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:28 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Did it myself 6 times!

Finally found one I like.

I think I could do it slowly in 2-3 hours. On rennlist I posted a do-it-yourself a couple years ago; it should still be there.

Old 09-12-2018, 04:28 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
If you don't have the space or tools to diy then any Porsche knowledgeable Indy shop will do it. Never heard that a shop won't do it unless they sold you the exhaust but I guess if they make their money on exhaust mark up that would be the case. But there are plenty of independent shops that can do it to avoid the dealer.
The timing is approx 2.5-4 hours depending on the difficulty of removing bolts. Indy shop maybe closer to $125/hr.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:52 AM
hcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to behold
We have put several cat back systems on at home, of course we have a lift so that makes it much easier, the thing that takes the longest the first time is figuring out how the stock muffler comes out, because all the after market systems are smaller and therefore easier to get in and out. The first time was about 4 1/2 hours remove and install, now about 2 hours.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:33 AM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
I use to do the wrenching stuff myself as I enjoyed it but I am limited after cancer surgery and the heat here in AZ so I am left to having the dealer or independent shop do it. And yes having a lift is great I use to have one and it really helped.

Old 09-12-2018, 01:09 PM
jeolesen is an unknown quantity at this point
I just had an Akrapovic catback exhaust installed. The instructions from Akrapovic suggested 180 min. I ended up paying for 4 hours, which I found reasonable given the exhaust I had installed was used and the shop had to go get a replacement part. In my opinion 7 hours sounds like a lot.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:00 AM
Well got another quote and they were at $750-800 for install with removing the bumper which seems reasonable. I won't get into the other shop as it was embarrassing and disrespectful how they do business.