991 side profile in action

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 01:54 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
991 side profile in action

happened to see a caravan of the new 991 and the yet-unveiled boxster on the way home fri night. i saw 4 991's and 4 boxsters (taped up)

i tried to get some videos with my phone while driving in LA traffic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZs1QTMpwik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VUjirTDv9c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkxYqVkLiSE

the last video shows the long overhang of the rear.. to me it looks odd ..

opinions ?

Old 09-19-2011, 02:01 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
wow, rep points definitely, thanks for the vid, a job well done, especially while driving....

Old 09-19-2011, 02:23 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
you are shooting a video win LA traffic? Skill. And they look at me strange when I am texting and brushing my teeth in the car... : D JK

Old 09-19-2011, 02:57 PM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
I saw the same group today in Newport Beach, turning onto Bristol coming from Redhill. There were 4 or 5 991's, one of which was yellow and one was dark (midnight blue or black).

I was too far away to catch up with them or photograph them, unfortunately.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:58 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
yellow nice! my favourite color on the 991 currently.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Former Vendor
Hoen will become famous soon enough
rear overhang does indeed look a wee bit out of proportion.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
I didn't think the 991s were going to be available for a while. I wonder if these cars are headed to a show or some testing event. Great pics!

Old 09-19-2011, 04:41 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Sh-t looks good. I'm liking the tail lights more.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:06 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
so no one besides Hoen thinks the rear hangs too much ?

when i compare the last video to pics of Surfah's or aerodude's avatar pic, it looks weird, no ? IMO, the rear is too long.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:26 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Well now that you point it out Hweird that the rear overhang is so prominent, I thought they were extending the wheelbase by moving the rear wheels back

"a sense that the rear overhang is longer with the gentler curve of the roofline into the engine cover"

"Tape measures found the 991 is a larger car again. At 4491 mm, it is 56 mm longer than 997. But more important is finally a wheelbase stretch, and it gains a considerable 100 mm to 2450 mm. This is the first boost of wheelbase since 996. The front and rear overhangs are actually reduced, so this is a more modern shape. The new body also gets 65 mm wider to 1873 mm. Nevertheless, its roof is lowered by 11 mm to 1299 mm."

http://www.autozine.org/0_News/Archi...ews_frame.html

Old 09-19-2011, 06:45 PM
MOORE996 is on a distinguished road
Tail lights look good

Old 09-19-2011, 07:47 PM
LO_996tt will become famous soon enough
I think what you are seeing is a perception issue with the angle of the camera...Especially with the video of the dark 991 above. Also it appears that the side back window is slightly smaller and does not come back as far towards the rear.

The 991 has less overhang than the 997.2

Last edited by LO_996tt; 09-19-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by LO_996tt
I think what you are seeing is a perception issue with the angle of the camera. The 991 has less overhang than the 997.2
Werd. Makes sense with my above post.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:05 PM
LO_996tt will become famous soon enough

Last edited by LO_996tt; 09-20-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by LO_996tt
I think what you are seeing is a perception issue with the angle of the camera...Especially with the video of the dark 991 above. Also it appears that the side back window is slightly smaller and does not come back as far towards the rear.

The 991 has less overhang than the 997.2
i hope u r right.. and ur pic seems to back up the fact that the rear is not longer than the 997.

but the angle of my phone camera was also the way i saw it in person.

i've seen countless 997s go by on the fwy and never noticed the long rear.

as soon as i was two lanes away from the 991, i can def tell that the rear was much longer than the previous model.. or maybe it's the effect of the longer overall car.

compared to the new Boxsters in the mix with the 991s, the 991s definitely looked big.. like a GT car..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 side profile in action