This is my 991 C2S build. Need input.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 05:10 AM
tomshop will become famous soon enough
I am sure many would disagree but with a beige interior I would get the fuse box cover in leather. Reason is the fuse boxes are black plastic unless you do them in leather in which case they will match the rest of your interior. The black plastic will really stand out in beige interior.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hippocampus
I do not get the fascination with colored caps. I ordered a platinum silver 991, already have clear side markers waiting for install, and I specifically did not get colored caps so that I didnt break up the exterior color palette. For me, its the same reason why people replace the amber markers, albeit less noticible.
I think you understand other's fascination with color caps

Originally Posted by aamersa
That's my point, I wouldn't order them with silver and probably not with black either as the standard crest already has black. But I did in fact order them with my guards red ext., they add a nice color to the wheels, would go well with racing yellow too.
Like I said, it is personal taste. But I truly think color caps ups the luxury of this already amazing car and is a must on the carrera line. I think color caps is absolutely necessary for carrera white and is on my build list. Just my .02

Old 02-03-2012, 02:08 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Does anyone know if the dynamic engine mounts reduce engine vibration or just keep the engine and drive system from moving around when on the track.

ChuckJ

Old 02-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
GET SPORT CHRONO. It is a HUGE factor on resale. Trust me the throttle response is worth it alone. I would stick with the Bose and get Sport Exhaust which I absolutely adore on my car.

I agree whole heartedly with getting Porsche crests in seats, colored caps, but for me I would stick with 19" rims. 20" have been known to mess with the ride <harsh>? Drive one first, but you can save alot right there.

The other big recommendation is full leather. Just get it and don't look back. I would take full leather, get the Bose and drop the Burg. I have the Bose on my 997.2 and love it. Very good sound. I also have full leather and would not trade that for all the world.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:41 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
19" is a little scary on the new body. I saw a car that was base (non-S) so it was up 10mm. And it didn't have PASM which raised it another 10mm. Then it had 19's! Talk about wheel gap.

I though the 997 looked funky with 20". I think the new body looks odd without 20".

</opinion>

Old 02-03-2012, 06:05 PM
warnica is on a distinguished road
Like your build; don't like sport exhaust. It is just cosmetic--louder, no more power, and is kind of like showing off to me.
Good luck with your car.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:36 PM
tgcrun is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by warnica
Like your build; don't like sport exhaust. It is just cosmetic--louder, no more power, and is kind of like showing off to me.
Good luck with your car.
I agree. If money is no object, then get it, but if you're on a budget (Should that phrase even be used when buying a Porsche?) I'd get rid of the PSE and maybe the SC or the Burmester and add full leather. From what I've read, full leather is way nicer than the standard leather. SC gives you some nice extras, but it sounds like you won't use them. If you lease the car, you don't have to worry about resale (unless, of course, you decide to keep it), and the 991 comes standard with an "Sport" button that increases throttle response, so those two arguments for getting SC aren't valid. I'm a music fan, but do you really need a high end audio system in a sports car? I have SC and the basic audio system in my 997.2 C4S, and I'm happy with the quality of the music and hit the sport button about once every three months (usually just to increase throttle response). I, too, will be trying to keep my cost down when I order a 991, so I know what you're up against. I'm looking at a perfectly adequate (another odd word to be using to describe a Porsche) C2S Cab at a list price of around $117,000.

P.S. Isn't showing off part of the fun of owning a Porsche?

Old 02-03-2012, 09:49 PM
jetdriver21 is on a distinguished road
Having a beige interior in a previous car, it is my preference.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:32 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tgcrun
I agree. If money is no object, then get it, but if you're on a budget (Should that phrase even be used when buying a Porsche?)
Exhaust options can be decided on and added later. Burmester cannot.

Just a though.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:36 AM
cayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant future
YES!

Old 02-04-2012, 07:44 AM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by aamersa
1. Don't get folding ext. mirrors or park assist front (rear is all you need and not even a must)
2. Downgrade from burmester.
3. PDCC is certainly overkill on a 991, not required but if money is not a concern it's a cool thing to get. SPASM overkill too considering you get the 10mm lowering as standard now.

Wheel caps really depend on exterior color, with some colors they look cool, but with silver for example I wouldn't get them. With black it's 50/50.

Above are thoughts to save you money w/o compromising. Otherwise you have a great build.
PDCC may be very expensive, but is hardly overkill. SPASM is a must have in my book. It still lowers the car another 10mm. I was just looking at a 991S sans SPASM on my dealers showroom. First thought was it sits too high.

The standard 997S sat 10mm lower than the 997 C2, SPASM lowered it another 10 (20mm lower), same with the 991. GT3 sits 20mm lower than the standard S, the gap lessens to 10 with SPASM on the 997.

Last edited by 911dev; 02-04-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:49 AM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
I agree. If money is no object, then get it, but if you're on a budget (Should that phrase even be used when buying a Porsche?) I'd get rid of the PSE and maybe the SC or the Burmester and add full leather. From what I've read, full leather is way nicer than the standard leather. SC gives you some nice extras, but it sounds like you won't use them. If you lease the car, you don't have to worry about resale (unless, of course, you decide to keep it), and the 991 comes standard with an "Sport" button that increases throttle response, so those two arguments for getting SC aren't valid. I'm a music fan, but do you really need a high end audio system in a sports car? I have SC and the basic audio system in my 997.2 C4S, and I'm happy with the quality of the music and hit the sport button about once every three months (usually just to increase throttle response). I, too, will be trying to keep my cost down when I order a 991, so I know what you're up against. I'm looking at a perfectly adequate (another odd word to be using to describe a Porsche) C2S Cab at a list price of around $117,000.

I call BS. SC is a MUST HAVE; more-so with a PDK car. DEMs alone make it a necessity.

Last edited by 911dev; 02-04-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by mostlyjames
Burmester(R) Audio Package
Basalt Black Metallic
Luxor Beige standard interior ParkAssist (front and rear)
Electric folding exterior mirrors Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) with PASM sport suspension
Sport Exhaust System
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Sport Chrono Package
20-inch Carrera Classic wheel
Automatically dimming mirrors
Sport seats
SportDesign steering wheel

$119,910

This will be my first 911. Do I really need the Sport Chrono Package? My dealer told me the 991 already has a sport button standard. I don't need launch control, so I'm wondering if iI could save $2370 to get heated seats or something. The demo I drove today had the package, but the car was fine just on sport mode. Let me know what you guys think. Any other options should I get/get rid of? I'm doing a 2 year lease, but I'll probably keep the car afterwards though. Thanks.
I like the build, very much. Personally, I'd skip the park sensors and folding mirrors, especially if trying to save money, but those are subjective. I'd also stick with Burmester and add Full Leather. I understand those that don't want to drop that kind of coin on it, but it really makes the car look and feel like a >$100k car. If planning to keep it post lease, I would consider it. I've had cars with and without. Currently have it on my gt3 and love looking at it when getting into the car. I really disliked the OEM plastic even the "new" plastic on the 991; it's still cheap for a $120k car; even for a $80k car.

Last edited by 911dev; 02-04-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Does anyone know if the dynamic engine mounts reduce engine vibration or just keep the engine and drive system from moving around when on the track.

ChuckJ
Their goal is to act like a solid mount (inhibit engine inertia) when the car is pressed into a sporting transitional move. They do not reduce vibration necessarily. What I mean by that is that they do not reduce vibration when driving in normal mode. They act as would any previous non-DEM Porsche mount would in that case. It is only when pressed that they firm up. Their benefits are realized on the street as well as the track, unless one never appreciates cornering on the street. If the car was a track car only, a solid or WEVO type mount would likely work as well, you would just have more vibration when driving to the pits; not that that would matter, lol.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:42 AM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Keep Burmester and standard exhaust unless it is so loud that appreciating the quality audio system will be too difficult. Full leather sounds like a must if you want to look at a nice interior. If performance is the goal then sport chrono, spasm, pdcc sound like a must.

Keep in mind that very few received their car so expect people missing key options and buying lousy ones.

Smoking package tidies the interior up also. I don't think you will be too disappointed with anything you choose since the car is getting rave reviews.

Enjoy.