Sunroof delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 12:32 PM
PaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by fbroen
I had a targa 997 and decided to go w/o sunroof on my 991 order. Partly weight savings up high, but mostly because I prefer the clean look of the roof without lines across it. That, and I was trying to avoid getting the same annoyance I had with the Targa -- the big panel just needs to slide further back. It always seemed like it stopped short, and the same seems to be true w/ the 991, IMO.

Agreed. Fixed roof couples all the way for me.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
I would get the sunroof -- but I'm not a big fan of the external opening roof on the 991. To me, it just breaks up the roof line too much when viewed from the outside. I also agree that it looks like it should go back further when it's opened. I understand the benefits -- wider opening and higher ceiling inside -- but it just doesn't look that clean to me. Nevertheless, I would still order the car with the sunroof so I'd have the option to open it. Must come from my convertible days....