Day 2 with 991-S and it left me stranded!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 05:32 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jdsc
I think what you are going through is everyone's greatest fear. A brand new car with problems. A July delivery would make it a '13 which should make a difference in resale value if you are purchasing. Just a thought. Sorry to see you go through this hassel. If it were me, I would push for a new car simply because of the year change. But, with a new motor, it should be good as gold. If you go that route, see if you can get an extended warranty as good will for your trouble. Good luck.
Same here... there is always a some risk with the first year new car but boy... these is not good... a cylinder failing... wow... for once not electronics / ecu / all that hitech stuff but a on fashioned cylinder. I bet they can not wait to get that engine back... that should not happen. I would wait until July... for sure. Good luck!!

Old 04-11-2012, 07:38 PM
miamiadjuster has a spectacular aura aboutmiamiadjuster has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for all the advice guys! I opened a case with Porsche of North America two days ago and I have yet to receive a phone call from anyone at Porsche. That is really starting to **** me off.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:33 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I know what i would do .

1) First off yoir car is in great hands . If that dealership says they can fix it .. then they can !!!! They have outstanding technicians and after owning 9 PorschesI have total confidence in their customer service as well as their commitment to accuracy .
Sadly both you and they are in the same boat with a newly launched car that is facing a problem .

2) Here's the snag -- Even if they fix it I would always wonder when the next problem will surface . I don;t like having doubts about any car . No car is worth it !!!

This is the problem any person faces when buying a newly released car and to add to the problem the 2013 cars are nearing so every day that you sit in denial with this the car depreciates even further .

3) The easiest way out is UP !!!!!!!
I saw a 997 Turbo S cab the other day in their showroom and if there was evera car that is worth negotiating on with a lot of price wiggle room .. that's got to be it !!
It would not surprise me if a dealership can knock 25-35K off MSRP on a car like that and both you and they can absorb the loss on the 991S and move forward witha BETTER car . especially in this type of case !!!!

Both you and they can win !!!
As for the 991S .. it will become atrade in car and maybe they will fix it with no further issues but at least you wont have the headache or worry and most importantly you end up with a better car !!!!

The Turbo S !! It's the last of the great 997 and is flawless in reliability . It has all the modern options including ceramics too. The new 991 Turbo won't be out for a long enough time and will probably be so expensive that your late model 997 Turbo S will retain a lot of its value too.

In my opinion .. it's the car you should have bought on day 1 anyway . The 991 S is just not even close !!!

Good luck .

Last edited by yrralis1; 04-12-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:07 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I know what i would do .

1) First off yoir car is in great hands . If that dealership says they can fix it .. then they can !!!! They have outstanding technicians and after owning 9 PorschesI have total confidence in their customer service as well as their commitment to accuracy .
Sadly both you and they are in the same boat with a newly launched car that is facing a problem .

2) Here's the snag -- Even if they fix it I would always wonder when the next problem will surface . I don;t like having doubts about any car . No car is worth it !!!

This is the problem any person faces when buying a newly released car and to add to the problem the 2013 cars are nearing so every day that you sit in denial with this the car depreciates even further .

3) The easiest way out is UP !!!!!!!
I saw a 997 Turbo S cab the other day in their showroom and if there was evera car that is worth negotiating on with a lot of price wiggle room .. that's got to be it !!
It would not surprise me if a dealership can knock 25-35K off MSRP on a car like that and both you and they can absorb the loss on the 991S and move forward witha BETTER car . especially in this type of case !!!!

Both you and they can win !!!
As for the 991S .. it will become atrade in car and maybe they will fix it with no further issues but at least you wont have the headache or worry and most importantly you end up with a better car !!!!

The Turbo S !! It's the last of the great 997 and is flawless in reliability . It has all the modern options including ceramics too. The new 991 Turbo won't be out for a long enough time and will probably be so expensive that your late model 997 Turbo S will retain a lot of its value too.

In my opinion .. it's the car you should have bought on day 1 anyway . The 991 S is just not even close !!!

Good luck .
Could not agree more...this is a chance of a lifetime... I would not hesitate 1 second and start the dialog today. You never know what might come out of the woodwork....

Old 04-12-2012, 02:04 PM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
subscribed... I hope to one day be in your shoes...kinda...all the best,

Old 04-12-2012, 09:38 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by miamiadjuster
Too late! Cylinder #1 is bad. They are recommending an engine replacement but also said they can repair it. I'm thinking, new car! What do you guys think?

I still can't wrap my head around this. INSANE!
demand for a new car period

Old 04-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Yep get a 2013 with some of the new options and... A HELL OF A DISCOUNT!

Old 04-13-2012, 10:33 AM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
No way I would want that car back, have them locate one or wait till July..
not worth having them fix it just so you can drive it sooner.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:53 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
any update? did they offer u a new car? or new engine only?

Old 04-26-2012, 09:06 PM
DJM
DJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really nice
Any update?

Old 04-28-2012, 09:28 AM
miamiadjuster has a spectacular aura aboutmiamiadjuster has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DJM
Any update?
Just got my car back yesterday and it feels amazing! Again! Entire engine was swapped and the car is running great! I feel no difference whatsoever. I made sure to have everything documented and have all work orders, just in case! I know a lot of you said I should get a new car but I couldn't wait until July/August. In regards to resale value, my car is a lease so it is not so important to me. I was able to get 2 2-day passes to the Porsche Driving School in Alabama from Porsche Cars North America (Value $6400). I wanted to do that anyways so it worked out!

Things could've been worse. I mean I got to drive around a loaded Panamera S for 3 weeks. Not too shabby!

Old 04-28-2012, 10:07 AM
jdsc will become famous soon enough
Glad to hear it all worked out. I think everyone was hoping for the best and it sounds like PCNA stepped up to the plate and did the right thing. Now, have fun and enjoy the new car! And the driving school too.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:57 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Knowing that the car is leased, I agree with your decision. Why worry about resale and engine swaps when the car is going back in 36 months! Enjoy the Porsche school. I am considering a trip down there soon myself. Unfortunately, my trip will be on my nickel.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:27 PM
96redLT4 will become famous soon enough96redLT4 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by miamiadjuster
Just got my car back yesterday and it feels amazing! Again! Entire engine was swapped and the car is running great! I feel no difference whatsoever. I made sure to have everything documented and have all work orders, just in case! I know a lot of you said I should get a new car but I couldn't wait until July/August. In regards to resale value, my car is a lease so it is not so important to me. I was able to get 2 2-day passes to the Porsche Driving School in Alabama from Porsche Cars North America (Value $6400). I wanted to do that anyways so it worked out!

Things could've been worse. I mean I got to drive around a loaded Panamera S for 3 weeks. Not too shabby!
I wonder if whoever buys your car at lease end would be able to know that the engine 'swap' happened. Does this stuff always show up on a Carfax? I would be interested to know that if i was a prospective buyer.
Jim

Old 04-28-2012, 06:55 PM
BigD911 is on a distinguished road
It may not show details on Carfax but certainly any potential buyer SHOULD take the time to look at repair history through a dealer. I was looking at a Merc SLK a few years ago and ran across one. It had a suspicous Carfax entry so I went to the local MB dealer with the VIN and got them to pull the history on it. It was a "manufacturers buy-back" - apparently MB had to buy it back from the previous owner. They couldn't tell me why but there were a number of repairs made to the car in the first two years.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Day 2 with 991-S and it left me stranded!