View Poll Results: Ignoring cost and your current cars, which of the following do you prefer?
997 with manual transmission
10.45%
997 with PDK
5.97%
991 with manual transmission
26.87%
991 with PDK
56.72%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: 997 vs 911, Manual vs PDK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 02:18 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by P997S
I HATE that even in manual mode the car downshifts for me when I step on it.
Had that happen to me too once. HATED it too !
But it is remedied by going Full Throttle without pushing through to the Kick Down button (you feel a tiny click / resistance when going from full throttle to kick down) ...

Old 03-20-2014, 03:27 AM
Rainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud of
997 - MT prefered
991 - PDK prefered

Rainier

Old 03-20-2014, 03:40 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
I have had 12 Porsche cars of many variants from air cooled to 996, 997, and now 991. Also 911's, boxsters, cayennes, a Pana 4, and 4 turbos of 996 and 997 vintage. All manual transmission except for the Cayennes and the Pana 4.
I have always been a believer in the saying "evolve or die". I have never driven a Porsche I of the next generation that I didn't really believe was better than the previous one. And the same goes for the 991 4S I'm driving now. I feel it's the best PCar I have ever owned. It is the 7 speedMT as it fits my driving style but I certainly can understand the love of the PDK cars after driving the Pana 4 for 2 years. No matter how good an MT driver any of us might be if shift speed is important the PDK wins hands down and I don't necessarily believe you lose any involvement with the car when your driving when it matters. Not for me at this time but not out of the question.
Porsche remains the most profitable small production car manufacturer in the world by not standing still and sometimes making moves that upsets the purists who want to stand still. The Boxster and Cayenne saved them and helped them grow and created something my wife could drive too. I praise them for moving forward and realize that moving requires adjustments at times. Not really sure what this thread is about, rings of some of the usual "I hate the next Porsche because ........ and I don't have one" but just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Jersey Shore; 03-20-2014 at 03:43 AM.