Should Passenger side mirror tilt down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Nuke986 has a spectacular aura aboutNuke986 has a spectacular aura about
FIXED: Should Passenger side mirror tilt down

I've got the option set for what I thought would be the side view mirror tilting down when car is placed in reverse (for a view of the curb when parking).

Works fine on my Acura but in the 991 it seems to tilt the mirror 'in' towards the car. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Last edited by Nuke986; 05-11-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:41 PM
vanux is on a distinguished road
Does your car built with front and rear parking sensor? I see the "mirror tilting down option" in the user manual but don't see the option in the PCM, I only got rear parking sensor..

Old 05-10-2012, 04:53 PM
No front and rear parking sensor. But the salesman did set up the feature and I do see the "mirror tilting down option" in the Vehicle settings section on the display to the right of the tachometer.

My mirror tilts inward just showing me more of the body instead of tilting down and giving me a view of the curb.

P.S. The mirror adjustment on the drivers door needs to be selected to passenger side for the feature to work at all.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:44 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Try hitting the right mirror button on the arm rest. If that light is on and you put it in reverse, and it does not angle down, take it back for service.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:47 PM
chancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to behold
Mine only tilts in as well and I have front & rear park assist. Will try what AG991 suggests.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Thumbs up FIXED: Should Passenger side mirror tilt down

OK, call Porsche service and got the fix for the mirror problem.

Put your car in reverse, let the mirror tilt whichever way it does then while still in reverse adjust the mirror to where you'd like it to point and presto,,,, done deal.

when you put it back in drive it returns to its normal driving position and next time you put it in reverse it will be right where you want it.

Thanks to 'Jose' at Jack Daniels Service.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 AM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Nuke986

Put your car in reverse, let the mirror tilt whichever way it does then while still in reverse adjust the mirror to where you'd like it to point and presto,,,, done deal.

when you put it back in drive it returns to its normal driving position and next time you put it in reverse it will be right where you want it.

brilliant! Thanks nuke, I couldn't figure this out on my c2s. Great example of how 6sol is so helpful for matters big and small. it worked perfectly. rep points your way!

Old 03-26-2013, 01:03 PM
SLVR_BULLIT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Nuke986

awesome find!

Old 03-26-2013, 01:57 PM
LotF has a spectacular aura aboutLotF has a spectacular aura aboutLotF has a spectacular aura about
Pretty sure you can adjust the mirror to your liking in reverse and save it to the memory buttons on the door.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:40 PM
mperor will become famous soon enoughmperor will become famous soon enough
Is this mirror tilting a part of the memory seat option... so, non memory seat does not come with mirror tilting feature in reverse?

Old 03-26-2013, 06:12 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mperor
Is this mirror tilting a part of the memory seat option... so, non memory seat does not come with mirror tilting feature in reverse?
m, no it is part of the settings menu on the mf display menu, "lighting and visibility" revers option etc...click on the option, should work. hope this helps!

Last edited by oldman40; 03-26-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 PM
wysiwyg will become famous soon enough
Yes actually that is correct. Reversing mirrors are part of the memory seat options. Oldman40 is referring to where you go to enable/disable it, PROVIDED you have memory seats in your car.

Originally Posted by mperor

Old 03-26-2013, 09:42 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
What a great find...thanks nuke986!

Rep points for you

Old 03-27-2013, 04:04 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Awesome!! Fixed it last night. Option was activated but only turning in when in reverse. Set position while in reverse and now it works great. Great find, thanks for posting.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:19 AM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
Thumbs up

That IS a great finding! I didn't think I could adjust where the mirror pointed to, and ended up deactivating the feature, because it annoyed me.

Thank you so much!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should Passenger side mirror tilt down