Lots on the lots... Porsches that is.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 02:35 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Lots on the lots... Porsches that is.

Visited a Porsche dealership here in the Bay area. Well, there is no shortage of the 2012 cars for sure. They have them all in about any color but all with lots of options (I wonder why). I must say that you better bring a big wallet, there is basically nothing under 100K available (especially if you add the Sales tax to it). Saw a Porsche Speedster (cab) sticker price 206K and a RS4.0 for about the same amount. One of the new Panamera Turbo S showed its badge at 186K. WOW!! I hope that Facebook will be trowing off some dollars.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:43 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Given that the 2013s are arriving, anyone think there will be deals on any of these 2012s any time soon? My local dealers have had many of the same 2012 991s in stock for months.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:45 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hroussard
WOW!! I hope that Facebook will be trowing off some dollars.
Count on it!

ChuckJ

Old 07-05-2012, 04:52 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Which dealer did you go to?

Old 07-05-2012, 05:44 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
I hope that Facebook will be trowing off some dollars.
I expected the same however, very few Facebook purchases. It seems like a small group are into cars. Most see to be into hybrids etc and spend money on travel and homes instead of cars.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:04 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eurotom
Which dealer did you go to?
You've got mail!

Old 07-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by rossii
I expected the same however, very few Facebook purchases. It seems like a small group are into cars. Most see to be into hybrids etc and spend money on travel and homes instead of cars.
And I hear you are right. There is some serious house buying going on with multiple offers at asking price and more for properties between San Francisco and San Jose is what some friends in the business are telling me. And indeed the Facebook guys love SF City life and you do not own a car when you live there.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Visited a Porsche dealership here in the Bay area. Well, there is no shortage of the 2012 cars for sure. They have them all in about any color but all with lots of options (I wonder why). I must say that you better bring a big wallet, there is basically nothing under 100K available (especially if you add the Sales tax to it). Saw a Porsche Speedster (cab) sticker price 206K and a RS4.0 for about the same amount. One of the new Panamera Turbo S showed its badge at 186K. WOW!! I hope that Facebook will be trowing off some dollars.
Pls pm me the dealer...thanks!

Old 07-06-2012, 08:23 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
I find it interesting the 2012 991 are sitting on the lot at various dealers as well. There aren't that many, but what is on the lot is not moving very quickly. Maybe most of the 1st car are ordered. Dealer's cars are more targeting to for 1st time buyer.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:39 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
My dealer doesn't have any 991s on the lot.

ChuckJ

Old 07-06-2012, 08:46 AM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
My dealer has one 991 on the lot and the options on it are terrible. It's going to be a demo car for awhile I think. The other 991s they couldn't keep on the lot for more than a week. All of their new 2013 boxsters sold out in less than a week. All they have left on the lot is that 991 and a few 997s that are customer ordered cancellations and are way out there in terms of colors and options.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:33 AM
CDinSing will become famous soon enough
Similar at my deal on the east coast. One 991 base in the showroom and some 997s.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:34 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Here its wierd - the downtown Porsche has the launch cars still but Pfaff has quite a few PDK more then anything.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Sc00ter is on a distinguished road
^^Looks like most dealers in Canada have a few launch cars...!I think Porsche over equipped most of them, unfortunately.
I mean is normal because they want to show all options available...but I find it pricey.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:02 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Just stopped by and checked in with another dealer I work with. Both have many, many 991's on the lot that have not moved. Been there for a while, some since rollout. My sales guy admitted that they are a bit surprised by the lack of interest with the notable exception to "ordered cars" which he says is "steady".

He also said they can't move any of the 7spd manual 991's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lots on the lots... Porsches that is.