View Poll Results: Indicate your preference for the next car 'theme'...
Stay 'as is'. Aesthetics are futile
18.18%
Go back to stock. Porsche knows better!
33.33%
Go for full aerokit cup + CF interior. Porsche AND sporty
45.45%
Maybe you know a better option...
3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

SM_ATL's 991 - Fall collection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 05:24 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Cool SM_ATL's 991 - Fall collection

OK, I am on vacation right now and am in the mood for some changes in my car's look and setup...

Here's the starting point: the car in its current 'track theme'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7417548982/
One thing that will NOT change are the performance upgrades (lowering, Agency power exhaust to be installed soon, GT2 seats, Brembo BBK at the front and soon at the back and most likely a -black- roll bar in the coming weeks...)

I am thinking of going 3 ways:

1. Stay as is... have spent enough time on futilities. Let's focus on the essentials (performance), and nothing else for now

2. Go back to stock (maybe keep the wing): Clean and classic Porsche look.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/6865830831/
3. Go for the Aerokit Cup AND the dash trim + console in Carbon fiber (would look great with the GT2 seats). Sorry for the terrible pic...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7511166124/http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7511166124/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/60293300@N06/, on Flickr

Last edited by SM_ATL; 07-05-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:12 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Keep it the way it is and upload lots more videos passing folks. None of that is going to make you faster. Now if you said add TT, that would be another question.

ChuckJ

Old 07-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
I voted: Go for full aerokit cup + CF interior.
What the hell, you've come this far without any real availability of 991 goodies... might as well keep going now that there's actually some choices out there!

I think an aero kit would look awesome on your.
That said I'd check out some of the other package as well (Techart etc).

Cheers!

BTW any word on when your Agency power exhaust is going to arrive?

Old 07-05-2012, 08:08 PM
tgcrun is on a distinguished road
I'm voting hybrid. CF interior and current wing. All else (including wheels) stock.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:33 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
This......

Originally Posted by SM_ATL

(lowering, Agency power exhaust to be installed soon, GT2 seats, Brembo BBK at the front and soon at the back and most likely a -black- roll bar in the coming weeks...)

2. Go back to stock (maybe keep the wing): Clean and classic Porsche look.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:43 PM
surathdp is infamous around these partssurathdp is infamous around these partssurathdp is infamous around these parts
I recommend sport design package or aerokit. I ordered mine with the former. It goes with the performance mods you have done so far. Makes no sense to go back to stock. You had already crossed the Rubicon!

Old 07-05-2012, 09:50 PM
ReconTrojan is on a distinguished road
Since you're in the mood to spend some money and I enjoy spending "other" peoples money greatly I think you should do the "ducktail" kit and make a US version of the 911 Sport Classic which is my favorite 911 of the last two models.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:04 PM
tgoss is a jewel in the roughtgoss is a jewel in the roughtgoss is a jewel in the roughtgoss is a jewel in the rough
Serge, I didn't know you picked up a 991! Congrats!

IMO I would really like to see the Aerokit on your car

Old 07-05-2012, 11:04 PM
rossd is on a distinguished road
Option. 3 ... Gets my vote and it suits you! There is nothing stock about you !! I really enjoy your threads and agree with Chuck for more racing pics...

Old 07-06-2012, 04:22 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Wow! Thanks guys for the many and encouraging responses!
I am looking for an excuse to go for the aerokit and you are helping me a good deal. I have not made up my mind completely though.

As far as performance/useful stuff, I am going for :
-Agency Power exhaust (should be installed 7/23)
-Black roll bar (Supreme Power/BBI - hopefully installed on 7/23 too)
-Rear Brembo BBK AS SOON AS AVAILABLE!!!

Regarding aesthetics, I am waiting for quotes and lead times. Depending on $$$, I'll go from:

"Carrera GTS" style (no stickers, black wheels, leave the wing) --> ducktail (clean and Porsche...) --> Full aerokit --> add CF interior.

Keep voting, I love to get feedback... even though I'll make the call eventually

Old 07-06-2012, 04:25 AM
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Keep it the way it is and upload lots more videos passing folks. None of that is going to make you faster. Now if you said add TT, that would be another question.

ChuckJ
Sure will!!! still have plenty of pics and videos I have not used and heading to VIR on 8/24.
TT is not on the menu for now, I love my NA engine. I have driven the 997TT before and even though the kick in the butt is a lot of fun, the progressive power buildup of the NA engine is my favorite.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by tgoss
Serge, I didn't know you picked up a 991! Congrats!

IMO I would really like to see the Aerokit on your car
Great to hear from a former Audizine fellow!!! I see you are driving something MUCH faster now! Congrats too!
GT-R's kick ***... It's the one car that I see in the mirror at the track and know I do not stand a fighting chance

Old 07-06-2012, 12:10 PM
tgcrun is on a distinguished road
Maybe throw the new power kit into the mix?

Old 07-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by tgcrun
Maybe throw the new power kit into the mix?
Thought about it but way too many $$$ for the hp gain. The Agency Power + tune (when available) + intake (when available too) should get me the same hp gain and probably more torque than the power kit for half the cost. Over time more aftermarket options should become available too.
Power kit looks way overpriced for now.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:31 PM
More than one month before the release of the aerokit cup and then some lead time...
Means I'll start to move in this direction but will be patient.
Here's what I'll probably do in the short term: back to the 'Carrera S' cleaner style, keep the wing, lower springs and other stuff of course.
Also thought I would have my wheels powdercoated in Platinum as 100% black wheels look like black holes if they are not complemented by something else on the car...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7517160492/
Getting a bit of a 'sleeper' with a bit more hp, louder exhaust, improved suspension, bigger brakes, forged wheels, some weight removed, bucket seats, roll cage ... but still looking Stock+from the outside
The aerokit cup would definitely get me where I want to...

EDIT: Meanwhile, and because my impatience is beyond any reasonable limit, I have also ordered the CF interior. At least a 0.001 hp increase

Last edited by SM_ATL; 07-06-2012 at 05:17 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's 991 - Fall collection