New 6spo member... 991S ordered

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
New 6spo member... 991S ordered

I just joined this forum and will therefore start by wishing all here well.

I like many of you am an avid Porsche fan and have been privileged to own a few. My last one being a 997.2 GT3 which I was thrilled with. Due to an injury I suffered (motorcycle and deer) last year, which left me unable to drive for many months, I sold the GT3 and decided to order a 991 when I was recovered. Well that time has arrived and I've placed an order for a 991S with the following spec:

991 S (US spec with all the standard features)
Platinum Silver
20in-Carrera S wheels
Wheels painted Platinum (semi-gloss)
Black standard interior
Sunroof (steel which I think will look better on a Silver car)
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) with PASM sport suspension
Sport Chrono Package
Sport Exhaust System
SportDesign steering wheel
Packages P37 BOSE(R) Audio Package
Premium Package*
*Interior P06 Power Sport Seats (14-way)

Its been a challenge to finalise on the above spec and much to the relief of all at my P dealership it is now locked in for a September build.

I had ordered/seriously considered the 7speed manual, glass roof, white, agate grey, 18 way adaptive seats, wheels painted black, .... but eventually settled on the above spec.

Your comments about the spec are welcome.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Platinum Sponsor
Corey@WB is a splendid one to beholdCorey@WB is a splendid one to beholdCorey@WB is a splendid one to beholdCorey@WB is a splendid one to beholdCorey@WB is a splendid one to beholdCorey@WB is a splendid one to beholdCorey@WB is a splendid one to beholdCorey@WB is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to the forum!

Corey@wheelsboutique.com
TOP WORLDWIDE DEALER FOR HRE / Adv1/ Volk Racing/ Champion/ SpeedArt/ TechArt/D2Forged/ Vorsteiner/ Wald/ Brembo/Eibach & More
Old 07-09-2012, 09:52 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Welcome! Now the wait begins.........

Old 07-09-2012, 09:52 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
if i were you, i'd remove bose. bose system is such a piece of crap you don't want to spend $ on

Old 07-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tachyon
if i were you, i'd remove bose. bose system is such a piece of crap you don't want to spend $ on
Agree about the sound quality of Bose but I stuck it in due to past resale experience. It seems that folks expect the car to have a high...ish end audio. I also wanted the Bluetooth and sat radio etc which comes with the package hence the inclusion. All that said, I agree with you in that Bose is average sound. Especially for the money. In reality when I'm driving my P cars I hardly listen to anything but the sound of the exhaust and engine.

Last edited by Haku; 07-09-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:09 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Haku
Agree about the sound quality of Bose but I stuck it in due to past resale experience. It seems that folks expect the car to have a high...ish end audio I also wanted the Bluetooth and sat radio etc which comes with the package hence the inclusion. All that said, I agree with you in that Bose is average sound. Especially for the money. In reality when I'm driving my P cars I hardly listen to anything but the sound of the exhaust and engine.
it's not that i must have a high-end audio in my car but when I pay extra 2k+ on top of 100k+, i expect to get something that is worth 2k+. that said bose is not even near worth $1k. on the other hand i think Burmester is worth 5k getting it but i didn't get one myself.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by tachyon
it's not that i must have a high-end audio in my car but when I pay extra 2k+ on top of 100k+, i expect to get something that is worth 2k+. that said bose is not even near worth $1k. on the other hand i think Burmester is worth 5k getting it but i didn't get one myself.
On a slightly different note (no pun intended ), what are your impressions of the PSE? Been worth it?

Old 07-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Haku
On a slightly different note (no pun intended ), what are your impressions of the PSE? Been worth it?
definitely. it sounds so nice it's like i'm having a wet-dream while i'm driving. good thing about it is you can turn it off any time you want.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough
Hello,

Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the forum. Please post pictures of your 991 when you receive it. =)

Take Care

3W Distributing LLC
5140 Rogers Street Ste C
Las Vegas, NV 89118

Facebook: 3wdistributing | Instagram: 3wdistributing
#1 BRABUS Dealer in North America | TECHART Authorized Dealer
Authorized Distributor for: BRABUS, TechArt, StarTech, BBS, Mansory, BREMBO, KW Suspension, H&R, Ohlins, FI Exhaust, and Much More....
WE SHIP WORLDWIDE....
Old 07-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your order.

Old 07-10-2012, 05:04 AM
surathdp is infamous around these partssurathdp is infamous around these partssurathdp is infamous around these parts
I have one on order as well. I dropped PDCC and PDK after careful deliberation. You should think about this especially bcos you previously owned a GT3.

There is article in Excellence magazine that suggests exactly that actually. PDCC killes the body roll to the point that you lose the interaction withe suspension going around corners. And as for PDK, you might quickly get bored on the street.
I would also look into Sports Design Package or the full Aerokit. Just a fe we thoughts.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the welcome all.

Originally Posted by surathdp
I have one on order as well. I dropped PDCC and PDK after careful deliberation. You should think about this especially bcos you previously owned a GT3.

There is article in Excellence magazine that suggests exactly that actually. PDCC killes the body roll to the point that you lose the interaction withe suspension going around corners. And as for PDK, you might quickly get bored on the street.
I would also look into Sports Design Package or the full Aerokit. Just a fe we thoughts.
Congratulations on the order and thanks for your comments. I'll start by addressing my choice of PDK. I'll also admit that for me my 997.2 C4S PDK was a dissiapoinment and I did find it somewhat non-involving. I had switched to it from a 997 TT and found it hard to deal with the PDK and less power on the C4S. Hence my going for a GT3 which was great for driver involvement but harsh for long drives.

Fast forward to a year ago (to the day). I was involved in collision on my motorcycle with a deer. The result was a dead deer, motorcycle, and almost me! I did end up with 5 broken ribs, posterior dislocated shoulder, broken scapula, broken collarbone, and a few other damaged bits. I was lucky to have survived thanks to me wearing all my safety gear. It's been a slog for my injuries to heal but they have and I've regained 80% mobility in my shoulder... but it's not perfect and I need to nurse it for another year or so. It relates to my choice of PDK over manual. My initial choice was to go for a mt car but after driving one for a while I started having some shoulder issues. Another issue that swayed me was that I found the PDK in the 991 was greatly improved from previous versions. It was very responsive and in some and different respects demanded more driver involvement than even a mt. Without getting into the proverbial MT vs PDK debate I think the PDK suits my needs better at the moment.

I am surprised by the comments in Excellence.... I will dig it out and have a read. I do feel that PDCC is something I want to try out and there have been many who have praised it and a very few who have not. Once again I think it's a matter of personal choice. In my case I'm not looking for GT3 type performance or handling. I am looking for reasonable handling where I have the flexibility to switch from a cruising mode to a spirited driving setup when I desire. Hence the inclusion of mainly handling related options on the car.

I'm sure the GT3 or TT version of the 991 will eventually temp me but for the time being this may have to do.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:03 AM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations on your order! I am in the same boat as you. My order just went in and I just got told today by the dealer that they have received a completion date of 13 Sept from the factory, so I likely won't see my car until mid Oct at the earliest.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:07 AM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
The PDCC is a waste unless you are doing time trials on the track. If the car is strictly for enjoyment, I would not spend the money. Save the money on the PDCC and upgrade to the Burmester sound package, it will be well worth it.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:28 AM
surathdp is infamous around these partssurathdp is infamous around these partssurathdp is infamous around these parts
Haku,
The article in current Excellence magazine. Just read it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 6spo member... 991S ordered