Matte Black Vinyl Wrap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 10:32 PM
MD991 is on a distinguished road
Matte Black Vinyl Wrap

Hey guys!

Wanna get your opinion on something... I'm waiting for the orders to open for the 991 C4S. I'm thinking of ordering it in Guards Red and wrapping the whole car with the exception of the mirrors and rear apron (Painted GR) in matt black.

What do you guys think of the look?

What have you heard about the durability and practicality of Matte Vinyl wraps?

IM SO TORN!

Old 07-21-2012, 06:53 AM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Could be a food look. Is there anything between gloss and matte? The whole car in matte might get old quick, but something's in between might work out better. What does a whole car wrap cost?

Old 07-21-2012, 07:11 AM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
I'm not much of a fan of the matte look anymore....and leaving the mirrors red would look odd to me.

A good installer can do an excellent job of wrapping the entire car and its pretty durable....I've seen a couple that look great.

I'm thinking to wrap the entire car would run around $3000 (?)

Old 07-21-2012, 07:22 AM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
My opinion on the matter- Im a fan of wraps, im a fan of matte, and im a fan of black.

Put the three together and you have a cheap looking botched primer looking finish job on a car with wonderful lines. 99% of the people on the road will think something is wrong with the car and the .5 of the other 1% will wonder "WHY?"

Why not order guards red and do a matte red? Or better yet, white?

p.s. I had a matte black painted porsche track toy, it just wasn't right

Old 07-21-2012, 07:36 AM
MD991 is on a distinguished road
Ya, that's my fear exactly. That matte black is just a fad and will get old.

There is also satin finish (between gloss and matte).

Pfaff Porsche does it and they are very reputable. They charge around 4500.

Has anyone come across any nice pics of wraps? Even on a 997?

Old 07-21-2012, 08:24 AM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by NOLA911
Why not order guards red and do a matte red?
This isnt a bad idea......reminds me of an orange BMW I saw....car was completely wrapped.....matte orange with glossy orange hood, roof, trunk lid.....it actually looked great.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:54 AM
iambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud of
Today, I bring my car to service and Guard Red 991 with wheel in satin finish.
Looking really nice indeed.

Attached Images  
Old 07-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Benz is on a distinguished road
3M provides a satin black this summer. If you are looking for that, you can check that out!