So I installed the Agency P Xpipe & muffler pipes on the 991, did 2 tests..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Neil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the rough
Talking So I installed the Agency P Xpipe & muffler pipes on the 991, did 2 tests..

So I couldn't wait and had it installed at my buddies shop last nite. My car has no PSE so it was always very boring. After installation, pulled into a local 76 station to fill the tank. Right before I turned the engine off, I hit the gas on sport mode to like 6000 RPM. !!!

I start filling my tank, this guy walks up to me and says "Was that you?" I reply with a smirk "no of course not" He says "I saw this lady jump up into the air. I think it sounds bad azz..I love Porsches". 2nd test I went to a local eatery to pick up something to eat, I pull into the parking garage and I see all the parking is taken, so as I'm just about to leave the garage, I hit the gas in neutral again. Every single car alarm in the entire garage goes off So anyway, if you want attention, the agency power kit will give it to you. It's definately louder than my friend's BBI exhaust Mckenna Porsche installed on his 991. Hope my critique helps.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:25 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Any feedback about any change/improvement in engine response/power/torque? Thanks!

Old 08-22-2012, 11:50 AM
Neil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Any feedback about any change/improvement in engine response/power/torque? Thanks!

Well what can I say, it feels faster AND louder. Hard to tell since I don't have access to dyno. I did it mostly for the sound, since non pse 991 sound is so passive. Best part is, when you keep it off sport mode, its actually not that loud, just tolerable. But once you hit sport mode, idle goes up, so does the sound. The start up is pretty attention grabbing too. Idle is just perfect.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:57 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
can you post vid?

Old 08-22-2012, 07:22 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neil Mccauley
Well what can I say, it feels faster AND louder. Hard to tell since I don't have access to dyno. I did it mostly for the sound, since non pse 991 sound is so passive. Best part is, when you keep it off sport mode, its actually not that loud, just tolerable. But once you hit sport mode, idle goes up, so does the sound. The start up is pretty attention grabbing too. Idle is just perfect.
Cool!
I got my bypasses reinstalled today (I am giving it another try ). Do you also feel a very slight vibration in the steering wheel. Just an 'acoustical' effect of course, but noticeable

Old 08-22-2012, 09:53 PM
I noticed a little wavy idle too, might have something to do with the ECU learning how to deal with more exhaust flow. All fine by me, since theres no point owning a car like the 911 unless its going to be fun. Than its off to something else thats fun after 3-4 years.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Ferre86 is on a distinguished road
please post an video..

Old 08-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Please shoot me any photos of the car and install plus a video to my email marketing@vividracing.com via www.wetransfer.com. Glad your stoked! We just did our street filming yesterday.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Check KCarrigan ripping his 3.4L 991 at Laguna Seca -

Old 08-27-2012, 01:00 PM
I haven't taken any pics or vids, I will do that this week. I should of taken pics while it was on the rack but I was such in a hurry to finish the install last Tuesday nite (the day the exhaust came in). I will also try to do a vid with someone stepping on the gas. Trust me though, its loud. Yesterday in Old Town Pasadena everyone was looking at the 991 as I (even slowly) drove by. For the money, this exahust is a beast. And thats just the x-pipe and side pipes, haven't even done the headers..yet. But I'm not sure I'll do that since this is just a lease. To me, the x pipe is a necessity for any 991 that does not have PSE. But its way better than PSE since its louder. I drove by a sobriety check point on my way home, none of the cops paid any attention to the exhaust as its pretty tame during idle/slow driving. It only screams when you punch it. Also the tone of the exhaust mellows as you drive it from the exhaust gas putting a coating of carbon on the internals of the x pipe. Which is a good thing. Makes it less metallic sounding.

Last edited by Neil Mccauley; 08-27-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Former Vendor
Neil please write a review on the XPipe here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...=1346098643540

Old 08-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Done.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:05 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tachyon
can you post vid?
I too would like to hear it. Especially the part about the car alarms going off.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:40 PM
thigos is on a distinguished road
Congrats. Glad you are enjoying it! Im looking forward to some video!!

Old 10-06-2012, 09:10 PM
JB-991 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Neil Mccauley
So I couldn't wait and had it installed at my buddies shop last nite. My car has no PSE so it was always very boring. After installation, pulled into a local 76 station to fill the tank. Right before I turned the engine off, I hit the gas on sport mode to like 6000 RPM. !!!

I start filling my tank, this guy walks up to me and says "Was that you?" I reply with a smirk "no of course not" He says "I saw this lady jump up into the air. I think it sounds bad azz..I love Porsches". 2nd test I went to a local eatery to pick up something to eat, I pull into the parking garage and I see all the parking is taken, so as I'm just about to leave the garage, I hit the gas in neutral again. Every single car alarm in the entire garage goes off So anyway, if you want attention, the agency power kit will give it to you. It's definately louder than my friend's BBI exhaust Mckenna Porsche installed on his 991. Hope my critique helps.
Neil how has this setup worked out for you after 2 months? I am looking at doing either the agency x-pipe or side muffler bypass but probably not both. I have 991 base w stock exhaust and while it sounds pretty good inside cabin I could go for more exhaust note. Which in your opinion would you do 1st, x-pipe or side muffler bypass? Also concerned about the wavy idle or engine check light. Thx

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So I installed the Agency P Xpipe & muffler pipes on the 991, did 2 tests..