New Auto Double-Declutching Feature Announced for Manual Gearbox 991's!

Old 08-27-2012, 01:53 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by uhn2000
I spoke to my rep and he says its "optional" rev matching - meaning you can decide on whether the car does it for you or not.
If that's the case I may have to get the SC after all...
I test drove another MT C2S (this time with SC) and in sport+ mode it revs so fast that I found myself switching it off repeatedly...
I mean the needle just flies through the upper rpm's so fast you end up changing gears beyond 6500 and this is where the power-band starts to take a dramatic nose dive.

Guess this system fixes that and gives you the choise to use it or not, while giving those cool blips but still allowing you to feather the clutch and play with the over-run.

Damn this is gonna get expensive!

Old 08-27-2012, 04:42 PM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Sloopy
I will be moving from a manual to the PDK when I put in my order but here is my impression of the trend.

Much of the satisfaction of, I believe that I may speak for many here, the manual is the extra connection and interaction with the car. Porsche has always been good about getting the steering, breaking, acceleration, and even pedal placement and modulation where the interaction with each equated to the feeling of one with the car. I feel this was an area where the some of the parts are greater than each part separately.

By adding more and more technology they may start to detract from the fun part which has always been the reason for owning a Porsche.
I had a PDK and am ordering a manual. Auto is an auto is an auto.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:12 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m5_2010
I had a PDK and am ordering a manual. Auto is an auto is an auto.
My '09 C4S was PDK..I am also looking at a '12 manual. (anthracite/espresso C2S on the lot - it's configured perfectly for me).

Here is my real boggle: Go with the C2S cab which I'd surely love or wait for the C4S cab with its awesome rear width + LED, and lose several option goodies.

I live in the Pacific Northwest and am an all-wheel-drive man, but that natural leather in the C2S with adaptive seats is very, very nice. I'd force myself to lose those if I ordered a C4S because of the cost.

Hmm.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:28 PM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
Talking

Originally Posted by nicoli
My '09 C4S was PDK..I am also looking at a '12 manual. (anthracite/espresso C2S on the lot - it's configured perfectly for me).

Here is my real boggle: Go with the C2S cab which I'd surely love or wait for the C4S cab with its awesome rear width + LED, and lose several option goodies.

I live in the Pacific Northwest and am an all-wheel-drive man, but that natural leather in the C2S with adaptive seats is very, very nice. I'd force myself to lose those if I ordered a C4S because of the cost.

Hmm.

It's quite the dilemma, on the one hand you can get the car tricked out the way you want which is, don't forget, as wide as last years C4S, or in our never ending quest for the car with the greatest ***, you can settle for a car not quite perfect for you. Obviously I recommend getting the car you want whether that's the c2s or spending a little more(10%?) and upfitting the C4S.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:28 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
My order will be delayed - the electric glass roof is no where near being ready for production again.

Last edited by uhn2000; 08-27-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:02 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm.
Get the 4s. And the leather. Just make some more money.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:03 PM
AMusic is on a distinguished road
i played around on the configurator for a C4S Cab and it was over $175k Canadian. This is going to be close to a $200k car with tax. Nuts.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Breaker841 is on a distinguished road
I've had many AWD sports cars and cannot understand why you would go for it unless you plan to winter drive it. Extra weight, complexity, under steer, expensive, etc... I can see some liking the extra width (not sure what benefit it really has) but to be honest the RWD has the best driving dynamics I have ever experienced!

I'm not trying to offend any AWD people or anything, just trying to understand it more.

As for the blipping on downshifts, that will definitely appeal to those somewhat uncomfortable with heel toe, but I have to say if you enjoy working the car naturally I can't see why you would ever turn that on. The car has perfectly placed pedals and almost a sixth sense when you blip it yourself. Truly an amazing car!

Old 08-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Former Vendor
BevHillsPorsches will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Da Hapa
I bet it's an auto rev matching feature like Nissan offers on the current 370Z
That's my guess as well

Old 08-31-2012, 02:10 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by AMusic
i played around on the configurator for a C4S Cab and it was over $175k Canadian. This is going to be close to a $200k car with tax. Nuts.
Mine was 150.. you must have checked off a lot of boxes !!!

Old 08-31-2012, 02:30 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by uhn2000
Mine was 150.. you must have checked off a lot of boxes !!!
20 minutes ago I send this final revised config to my sales rep..the GM is trying to get one additional allocation for the October build..otherwise, maybe it'll be next spring/summer? Anyway. Black/std grey inside, black top, Burmester, PDK, and the radar hubble telescope thingy-doodle

2013 C4S Cabriolet
Base price: $117,530
Price for Equipment: $27,650
Destination Charge: $950
Total Price:*
$146,130

http://www.porsche-code.com/PDSFVQL7

Old 10-25-2012, 03:53 PM
n17mm is on a distinguished road
Look like no double clutching on manuals

Just returned from an Euro delivery of a 991S, Manual. Build date of Aug 29th and picked up on Oct 12th. I have been following this thread and was told by my dealer that this throttle matching feature was on my car. When I picked up my car, Jocip (see below) also said that he thought that is was included. After getting my car I found that it did not have this feature. I again asked Jocip what the story was and this is the reply.

Hello Fred,

Right now I got the Information that you have requested. This Feature is
unfortunatelly not available for Porsche 991 with manual Transmission. This
Feature is just available in combination with PDK-Transmission. Sorry that
I can not provide you a positive answer but the fact is, that the Feature
is not possible in combination with manual transmission.

Although I think that the car is very well designed and I think you will
enjoy the car every minute when you´ll drive it.

Thank you very much again for picking up your car in Zuffenhausen. I hope
to see you again perhaps next year.

Many regards

Josip Baric
Fahrzeugauslieferung & Kundenbetreuung
Werksabholung
Telefon: +49 +711 911 24321
Fax: +49 +711 911 26255
E-Mail: Josip.Baric@porsche.de

Fred S.
Chambersburg, Pa

Old 10-25-2012, 04:35 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Perhaps the build date of your car did not make the cutoff it as it was only just announced at the end of August.
But I'm not sure why he told you this because it is available with Manual Trans.

It's going to be a standard feature for those that purchase the optional Sport Chrono package. For those who select the package, auto rev-matching will remain on in Sport Plus mode. In Normal and Sport mode, the system isn't enabled.

http://translogic.aolautos.com/2012/...ng-technology/

Old 10-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Josip Baric is wrong, and doesn't know what he is talking about. No offense to you

(and of course, this is my opinion, not fact.) We shall see

Old 10-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Josip Baric is wrong, and doesn't know what he is talking about. No offense to you

(and of course, this is my opinion, not fact.) We shall see
Yep I totally agree!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Auto Double-Declutching Feature Announced for Manual Gearbox 991's!