Finally Ordered my new 991 in Guards Red

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 11:47 AM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent Choice! I too went with GT Silver, Black Full Leather, and Carerra Classic Wheels. I did not go with Color Crest's on the wheels, as I think the standard will look best on a silver car.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Dallas991 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dhill911
Excellent Choice! I too went with GT Silver, Black Full Leather, and Carerra Classic Wheels. I did not go with Color Crest's on the wheels, as I think the standard will look best on a silver car.
Thanks SoCalRick and Dhill911. Dhill911 - Would you mind posting a few pics of yours to this thread to help me? Front/Side/Back that type of thing?? I would be forever grateful :-)

Old 09-10-2012, 03:55 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
I will as soon as it arrives. It is in an enclosed carrier on its way to me as I type. I was told today, I should be able to take delivery by Thursday or Friday.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:28 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Excelent choice! the 991 looks great in silver.

Originally Posted by SoCalRick
You may want to drop the "Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest". I think the standard silver center caps (as shown in the picture you posted) look better on a silver car. Especially after you swap out the amber side markers for clear ones.

-SCR
Imo the colored wheel centers are one of the best cosmetic options, they match the hood crest and make the wheels pop.

Last edited by galion; 09-10-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Dallas991
Thanks SoCalRick and Dhill911. Dhill911 - Would you mind posting a few pics of yours to this thread to help me? Front/Side/Back that type of thing?? I would be forever grateful :-)
Just picked mine up at the dealership on Wednesday. As promised, here are a few pictures. I'm in the process of detailing it, so I will post some more in sunlight after I finish this weekend. Best of luck with your decision.

Attached Images     
Old 10-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Constantinisms is on a distinguished road
Hey gang;
Have two things in common with this thread and a story you might find interesting (maybe comforting) especially if you have a 991 on order.
On January 4, 2012, I ordered a guards red 991S (black int.) with some nice options . I wanted a coupe and a glass sunroof .... I was advised there wouldn't be one available on the 991 ... so I ordered it with the std sunroof.
The car arrived in April .... but 2 weeks prior, while roaming about in cyberspace, I came across a thread (maybe here) about the 2013 now being available with a glass roof .... and indeed there it was on the configurator ... So I got on the horn with my (great) dealer and after much discussion, they agreed to order me another with the glass roof. (very professional bunch) ... I showed my appreciation by adding some extras including espresso leather 18-way seats ...
But this is not the end of the tale . Due to arrive in August, repeated delays ... because ... you guessed it ...the glass roof ...
It is now scheduled for production mid-october with an ETA of mid-november .... that will be 10 months since my original order ....

Feel better about your wait times? Hope so!

Old 10-03-2012, 02:05 PM
TSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Constantinisms
Hey gang;
But this is not the end of the tale . Due to arrive in August, repeated delays ... because ... you guessed it ...the glass roof ...
It is now scheduled for production mid-october with an ETA of mid-november .... that will be 10 months since my original order ....
Since I planned on picking up my 991 at the factory at the end of June, I insisted that it be a 2013 model. Soon after I placed the order, the glass s/r was announced for the 2013's, so I added it to my build. My guess is that if I weren't taking factory delivery, I'd also have been looking at a long production delay. It's one thing to tell a customer that his car is delayed, it's quite another to tell him that after he has air and hotel reservations for a two week European vacation build around a factory delivery date. In any case, I love the glass s/r which floods the cabin with daylight at speed without the pesky wind buffeting.

Spyder

Old 10-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Constantinisms is on a distinguished road
Agreed. I think the glass totally transforms the interior space, even with a lighter interior. I had an M3 cab for 5 years and as much as I love the open, its either wide open or shut ... not to mention dragging around an extra 300 lbs...
The black glass with the black wheels and other black touches looks quite fab, imo.
And that espresso interior is just delightful in smell, feel and colour ....
T-6 weeks ....

Old 10-03-2012, 03:24 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dhill911
Just picked mine up at the dealership on Wednesday. As promised, here are a few pictures. I'm in the process of detailing it, so I will post some more in sunlight after I finish this weekend. Best of luck with your decision.
your garage is even cleaner than my bedroom.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by tachyon
your garage is even cleaner than my bedroom.
**** and OCD, especially with my Cars and Garage . . . . . I've learned to embrace it!! My Wife has to live with it everyday. It's her fault though. She picked me.