found my 991 C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 12:27 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nicoli
I think I'm gonna put the clear bulbs in tonight and take a picture..just to see. <grin>
Just incase anyone was wondering, I put the clear bulb in the clear side marker on one side and with the lights out in the garage, tested each side to see which was more visible.

The colored amber/orange bulb in the clear side marker was the winner for a no-hassle "that's the edge of the car" light. The clear bulb was nice/different but also a bit like it could be anything, and in the dark, maybe not represent a car boundary to someone else on the road. (safety hazard perhaps..I want others to know I'm there, and I'm a car, not a penlight)

I put the orange bulb back in the clear side marker.

Attached Images  

Last edited by nicoli; 09-19-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:25 AM
sqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud of
Nicoli-

Great color & specs, congrats!

As for the bulbs, look into "stealth" bulbs. They are chrome coated so they blend in behind the clears but illuminate as amber which I *think* maintains legality. (I'm not affiliated with them, I swear, just a fan of clever engineering solutions.)

Old 09-19-2012, 05:50 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Cool wow, what a rich Color!

Nicoli, You have a beautifully colored car, that exudes class and strength. The Magnesium Panels on your Cab' look soo smooth. Don't get upset if you see me bent over your car hugging them... Porsche really outdid themselves on that one.

Congrat's and enoy for me, until I get mine.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:29 AM
JB-991 is on a distinguished road
Just incase anyone was wondering, I put the clear bulb in the clear side marker on one side and with the lights out in the garage, tested each side to see which was more visible.

The colored amber/orange bulb in the clear side marker was the winner for a no-hassle "that's the edge of the car" light. The clear bulb was nice/different but also a bit like it could be anything, and in the dark, maybe not represent a car boundary to someone else on the road. (safety hazard perhaps..I want others to know I'm there, and I'm a car, not a penlight)

I put the orange bulb back in the clear side marker.
My clear side marker lights have an amber bulb, so when it lights up they are amber like the factory intended. Got them from Suncoast. I thought all clear side marker lights were like this.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:39 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JB-991
My clear side marker lights have an amber bulb, so when it lights up they are amber like the factory intended. Got them from Suncoast. I thought all clear side marker lights were like this.
Yes but I found clear bulbs inside the oem orange markers

Old 09-20-2012, 09:11 PM
This Anthracite Brown with the Fall sunlight changing..wow. Just wanted to pass these along for anyone considering the color.

Attached Images      
Old 09-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
This Anthracite Brown with the Fall sunlight changing..wow. Just wanted to pass these along for anyone considering the color.
Oh my... that is one amazing looking ride, kinda takes your breath away doesn't it...

Old 09-26-2012, 09:35 PM
well just got car home from 9500ci & smart cord install. Thanks to Benchmark Motoring of Seattle..they do really amazing work.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
That is a wonderful install. I'm considering something similar but am researching installers in Nashville or Chattanooga.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Thumbs up Winter tires are in and ready.

I live up in the Pacific Northwest - this time I am prepared, finally got some winter tires.
Two little fronts and two big rears, lol..gotta love it. Waiting on a
floor jack floor jack
from amazon and realized I didn't have a current
Torque Wrench Torque Wrench
. Looking forward to finally changing my own wheels. Everyone at the Porsche dealership was remarking on how these tires are more aggressively treaded than they had seen before..the consensus is that winter will be a lot of fun

Last edited by nicoli; 11-01-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
You'd think we would be used to it by now but every time I see the wheels of my 911 dismounted I'm always surprised at how wide they look... and how much I love it

Those are the best looking winter tires I've seen, pretty damn wide but what the hell if you end up "floating on top of the snow you'll just have to put your foot down a bit and dig in a bit... that should make for some awesome "rooster tail" pictures!!!

Old 11-02-2012, 07:51 PM
hehe nod. I'm really excited to see how they perform. I told the wife she's gonna have to do some roadside tire performance video duty this winter..lol. She just smirked.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:57 PM
hehe nod. I'm really excited to see how they perform. I told the wife she's gonna have to do some roadside tire performance video duty this winter..lol. She just smirked.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Smile

Got the
folding tire loft folding tire loft
installed into the wall studs. The wheels are heavy, but it should hold just fine. It's an old free standing garage built in 1950 but she's got life in her still. I was worried about the wheels and tires fitting on the loft since they are so wide..but 48 inches apart was perfect for the side mounts and all 4 tires. I know we need to paint the garage..it was vacant for many years before we bought the property..one bit at a time. Also ordered a GoPro3 Silver edition today to record some Porsche winter driving fun..can't wait!!

Attached Images      

Last edited by nicoli; 11-03-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:36 AM
Got the folding tire loft installed into the wall studs. The wheels are heavy, but it should hold just fine. It's an old free standing garage built in 1950 but she's got life in her still. I was worried about the wheels and tires fitting on the loft since they are so wide..but 48 inches apart was perfect for the side mounts and all 4 tires. I know we need to paint the garage..it was vacant for many years before we bought the property..one bit at a time. Also ordered a GoPro3 Silver edition today to record some Porsche winter driving fun..can't wait!!
Wow impressive... with a magnetic level and everything!
Oh I'm loving the duck tape hehehe

It looks pretty strong but are you actually parking your brand new beautiful 991 right "under" that!?
Boy oh boy you ***** my friend.

I'd consider swapping parking spots with the bay right next to it...
But by the looks of it you've got 911 in there too!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: found my 991 C2S