found my 991 C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 05:30 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks my friend. The duct tape over the sheetrock is from me damaging the area with a crowbar removing some musty old rotted shelves that were there. it's a rectangular room behind the little two car area up front - I didn't have the nerve to put it over the car after all, just took a pic peeking through the connecting door hehe. I've never fixed up an old place before but it's fun (mostly

Last edited by nicoli; 11-04-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:03 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Got the wheels and tires on for winter! Was waiting for Griot's wheel lug adapter set and it came today. It's really a nice little set, plastic covers over the lug adapters so as not to damage the wheels, and its own case.

The Michelin Alpin 4's have an indicator on the sidewall to show which way the tire tread should face. The "V" points to the front in the treads..simple enough but I never changed performance winter tires like this before.

The tool kit under the front bonnet or (or frunk, I guess has the locking lug bolt adapter as well.

Should have heavy rains very soon, looking forward to testing the tires in the rain at least. Also torque is set to 118 ft/lb for this model, according to the manual..different than I've heard for previous models.

The TPM chimed after a bit and asked if I changed the wheels. Really - something like "did you change wheels? Please reset TPM" popped up in the dash display. lol. I went into the TPM and set it to "20" winter tires" and it just auto-calibrated everything. Well done Porsche.

Attached Images     

Last edited by nicoli; 11-16-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:03 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nicoli
Got the wheels and tires on for winter! Was waiting for Griot's wheel lug adapter set and it came today. It's really a nice little set, plastic covers over the lug adapters so as not to damage the wheels, and its own case.

The Michelin Alpin 4's have an indicator on the sidewall to show which way the tire tread should face. The "V" points to the front in the treads..simple enough but I never changed performance winter tires like this before.

The tool kit under the front bonnet or (or frunk, I guess has the locking lug bolt adapter as well.

Should have heavy rains very soon, looking forward to testing the tires in the rain at least. Also torque is set to 118 ft/lb for this model, according to the manual..different than I've heard for previous models.

The TPM chimed after a bit and asked if I changed the wheels. Really - something like "did you change wheels? Please reset TPM" popped up in the dash display. lol. I went into the TPM and set it to "20" winter tires" and it just auto-calibrated everything. Well done Porsche.
Nice adapter set and garage set up... Like the calibration, very impressive. Now we know why TPM is an option in some countries.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:12 PM
SoCal GT3 will become famous soon enough
Great looking cab...congrats!

Old 11-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks! Its nice to have a garage and some basics, we've only been here for a year - we have to fix it up more..it's just a simple 1950's-era house. It's the first marriage for my wife and myself and our little starter home.

I just got the GoPro car mount and hopefully will get some snowy winter 991 cabriolet action (on the snow tires) for the camera. Here is our first camera test this morning, just getting coffee.

Last edited by nicoli; 11-18-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:05 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Lightbulb What a coinky-dink

I found this Awesome Anthracite car on Google Images, and I posted it a few times to show my wife the color. She loves the Natural espresso interior so i was playing around with it and then i saw that same car on the Picture Vote, and then I saw your name...lol

Great color! I still have yet to see one at the dealer, but I'm going to be checking out your posts in the near future.

I actually have built one and posted it here on 6speed, to get critiques. Who knows, I actually prefer the Guards red, but could be persuaded to go Anthracite...lol

The Anthracite, is of course not as fun as the Guards Red, or as Cool as the blue, but is Mystical, Alluring and is Slightly Tempestuous. I think it is a special color, and congrat's for acquiring one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3963286...3076/lightbox/

Oh yea, love the Vids!

Last edited by See U n Rear View; 12-20-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks! We are loving the car, more than any we've ever had. These cars are definitely special. Hoping to get some snow action going on the next vid, but it hasn't visited us down here at sea-level just yet. Thanks again and great job researching yours, you will undoubtedly create or find a masterpiece and I'm looking forward to seeing it.