squeaky drivers seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 10:21 AM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
squeaky drivers seat

I cannot pinpoint the source of this noise. It seems to be on the bottom of the left side of the driver seat. It sounds like a rubbery squeaky noise and is amplified when I turn the steering wheel to the right for some reason. Any ideas?

Old 12-01-2012, 10:30 AM
BnB
BnB is on a distinguished road
Mine does this too. I've stuffed a bit of foam insulation in there. End of squeak.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Airportrat has a spectacular aura aboutAirportrat has a spectacular aura about
CIA tracking device.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:21 AM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
Foam insulation? So basically you just stuffed this stuff under the driver seat ? I have to believe on a $100k car there is a real fix other than stuffing foam under the seat to cure a squeak. Would that not affect the forward and rear movement of the seat if there is a bunch of stuff under there?

Old 01-07-2013, 10:12 AM
I have sport seats plus and this squeak is really driving me nuts. for some reason it really squeaks loudly when I am turning right but not left. It seems to be coming from where the bottom part of the seat meets the back rest. Anyone else experiencing this?

Old 01-07-2013, 01:48 PM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
Not to hijack the thread, but mine has a rattle coming from the back....sort of like the rear spoiler is rattling...It's not her fault, it's the stupid Long Island Expressway with all its bumps. it didn't do it before....

Any idea anybody of what it can be?

Old 01-07-2013, 11:13 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
It's a new car so should be covered under warranty. If I were you, I'd take it to the Porsche workshop.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:07 AM
Rainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud of
No squeaks in that area here but plenty of them in other places.
The worst was an annoying rubbing sound coming from the dash somewhere between steering wheel and door. This one I managed to fix by giving the dash a big push at the air vent. I felt something snapping into place - end of that one.
Rear seat belt reels tend to rattle (tingle) - fiddling with the belts fixes that but only temporarily. Other squeaks are more difficult to track down - mostly in the doors. These come and go away again.
In all, after some 2000 miles the noises have become less - perhaps the panels and parts are becoming used to each other.

Does anybody have a quick guide on how to remove the door panels ?

Rainier

Old 01-08-2013, 12:18 PM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
Yes, it sounds like there is a cover in the engine bay that is not completely firm. Although it's just a very, very low sound, but I will get it checked as soon as I change the oil.

Thank you!

Old 01-08-2013, 12:26 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
ahhh new car... had no rattle in my 2010 C2S after 2 years of ownership. that's a rarity though. they all rattles. i'm way more forgiving in terms of rattling noise in my 911 than any other car. i start to hear few in the sub 1k mile. hopefully it doesn't get worse...

Old 12-14-2015, 11:29 PM
Kevinnal is a glorious beacon of lightKevinnal is a glorious beacon of lightKevinnal is a glorious beacon of lightKevinnal is a glorious beacon of lightKevinnal is a glorious beacon of light
Today driver seat started to squeak. Driving me nuts! I have 2015 911 Turbo S. When I move left to right it is really loud. Do you guys think it will be covered by warranty?

Old 12-15-2015, 04:24 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I would think so.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:34 AM
Kevinnal is a glorious beacon of lightKevinnal is a glorious beacon of lightKevinnal is a glorious beacon of lightKevinnal is a glorious beacon of lightKevinnal is a glorious beacon of light
Got the car back from the dealer with seat squeak fixed. They rearranged seat cushion to fix the problem. I am happy.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:55 PM
trek737 has a spectacular aura abouttrek737 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Kevinnal
Today driver seat started to squeak. Driving me nuts! I have 2015 911 Turbo S. When I move left to right it is really loud. Do you guys think it will be covered by warranty?
My 2015 Turbo S has a bad squeak in the driver seat as well. It seems to becoming from the seat back and right side bolster. When I push on it just slightly I get the squeak. I was wondering if your extra cushion that was added was for this area or the actual seat cushion that you sit on?