Driving gloves

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 02:34 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Driving gloves

For those of us who like to drive in cooler weather:

The 5.11 TacLite2 glove, made for law enforcement, but so perfect for driving a Porsche (in any weather), I have to recommend. The palm leather is so thin, supple and grippy. The fingers are wonderfully tactile and I feel the steering wheel as if bare-handed. I have smaller hands also, and it is one of the few gloves that fit to the ends of my fingers perfectly. No big gap of floppy stitching to the end of the fingers. So awesome.

5.11 Tactical Website

Last edited by nicoli; 12-28-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Look nice and am sure fit well too. Enjoy.

Any concers regarding reliability? These are $40 gloves should last at least few months ...few reviewers think otherwise...

Old 12-28-2012, 07:10 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
I've been using them a few years now, bought for other purposes. Just kinda amazed how good they are for driving. A post on planet-9 about Boxster racing gloves reminded me that I should let others know of these. Have had two pairs, lost the first. (sigh)

Old 12-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Tell me about losing a pair of gloves...I hold a record of losing all of them...it typically starts with losing one and the other one becomes useless

Old 12-28-2012, 09:02 PM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
Get a heated steering wheel you don't need gloves. It's the greatest.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by stevefrommn
Get a heated steering wheel you don't need gloves. It's the greatest.
Not on SD steering wheel

Old 12-29-2012, 12:41 AM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nicoli
For those of us who like to drive in cooler weather:

The 5.11 TacLite2 glove, made for law enforcement, but so perfect for driving a Porsche (in any weather), I have to recommend. The palm leather is so thin, supple and grippy. The fingers are wonderfully tactile and I feel the steering wheel as if bare-handed. I have smaller hands also, and it is one of the few gloves that fit to the ends of my fingers perfectly. No big gap of floppy stitching to the end of the fingers. So awesome.

5.11 Tactical Website

can't help but think of "OJ" when i see that picture! if it doesn't fit, you must acquit...seriously though, if i end up driving top down in the winter as much as nicoli, i'll have to get a pair too...which means i might as well order them up now...

Last edited by oldman40; 12-29-2012 at 12:42 AM. Reason: corrected name
Old 12-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
november to March i wear them - comfortable when thin, no interference with driving.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:48 PM
991s is on a distinguished road
I need these in snowy Wisconsin with no heated steering wheel.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:23 PM
just a quick note these tac lite gloves are really breathable and thin, mostly they are a second layer of skin and not padded in any way against cold temperatures. Sometimes I wear them all day if I'm out and about, no need to ever take them off. Especially in cough and flu weather - no need for extra germs to touch the skin if can help it. In super cold weather can put inside another glove. I can manipulate a smartphone through them also, the leather is so thin on the fingers.

Last edited by nicoli; 12-29-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Rapture1 is on a distinguished road
Old 02-24-2013, 07:40 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
I just bought a pair of golf gloves and tried them for driving (they come in singles so you have to buy a left and a right). They're fantastic!!!! They are light, have great tactile feel, are not hot, have a better grip than bare hands, fit snug and are relatively inexpensive.

ChuckJ

Attached Images  
Old 02-24-2013, 07:52 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Nice gloves...how's the breath ability....

I use gloves in the early spring on the track but I am one of the few who doesn't wear gloves on the track in the summer. My hands get too warm and sweaty.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:00 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buck986
Nice gloves...how's the breath ability....

I use gloves in the early spring on the track but I am one of the few who doesn't wear gloves on the track in the summer. My hands get too warm and sweaty.
They breath great. You might want to use white ones in the summer on the track.

ChuckJ

Old 02-24-2013, 08:13 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
For those of you who own and use UNLINED driving gloves, how do you resolve the issue of the leather getting all over your hands when you take the gloves off. On the days when your hands start to sweat, even a little, the brown dye on the leather transfers onto my hands when I take the gloves off. What do you guys do, wash them to set in the dye so there is no transfer?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Driving gloves