FVD Exhaust installed, WOW WOW WOW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
FVD Exhaust installed, WOW WOW WOW

Finally got time to drop the car off to Matrix Integrated for the exhaust installation. Great shop btw for any Portland, OR members, Jeremy is superb to work with.

shaving 40pounds from the rear and by removing the 2nd mufflers, it free up extra ponies and TQ. The engine seem to REV more freely too, maybe its all in the mind

Starting the car is so much funnier, its got a WAY more aggressive roammmm, not so mute like the stock exhaust.

I tested drove 991s with Sport exhaust before, it sound good, but I feel the FVD got a more aggressive tone then the factory Sport Exhaust at higher rpm range.

in normal mode its about 12-16% louder then stock exhaust

in sport+ mode its about 25-32% louder then stock exhaust

In high rpm the exhaust just scream like a GT3 and release gas, the poping noise, LOVE IT!!!!

The car is pretty dirty now, but will snap some shots after work and post it up

Overall, glad my car didn't have Sport Exhaust options, this exhaust gave my 991s more power + TQ and sound that I LOVE

yes VID to come, just need to find a long road where all the BC cops aren't hiding at

Old 01-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by advantyper
Finally got time to drop the car off to Matrix Integrated for the exhaust installation. Great shop btw for any Portland, OR members, Jeremy is superb to work with.

shaving 40pounds from the rear and by removing the 2nd mufflers, it free up extra ponies and TQ. The engine seem to REV more freely too, maybe its all in the mind

Starting the car is so much funnier, its got a WAY more aggressive roammmm, not so mute like the stock exhaust.

I tested drove 991s with Sport exhaust before, it sound good, but I feel the FVD got a more aggressive tone then the factory Sport Exhaust at higher rpm range.

In high rpm the exhaust just scream like a GT3 and release gas, the poping noise, LOVE IT!!!!

Overall, glad my car didn't have Sport Exhaust options, this exhaust gave my 991s more power + TQ and sound that I LOVE

yes VID to come, just need to find a long road where all the BC cops aren't hiding at
Awesome!
Looking forward to hearing the sound clips!!!

Old 01-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Detroit Shooter is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by advantyper

How did you come up with those %'s? Was that a cat back system or a full cat system?

Is you don't mind me asking what did it set you back?

Last edited by Detroit Shooter; 01-15-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:37 PM
tahoe_joe has a spectacular aura abouttahoe_joe has a spectacular aura about
Yes, please share details on the cost

I'm looking to order in the next month or two. maybe not getting PSE and driving up to Portland from California for FVD is the way to go (2 for 1)!

Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
the % are rough estimate from my ears comparing to the stock non Sport Exhaust I had on my car, which I drove for over 1800 miles before installing the FVD.

I only got the cat back system, I didn't get the headers with the exhaust.

I'll PM u the price

Originally Posted by Detroit Shooter
How did you come up with those %'s? Was that a cat back system or a full cat system?

Is you don't mind me asking what did it set you back?

Old 01-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Will do, check your PM

haha yea, I would use the money to get after market exhaust, save weight + HP + TQ gains, and the drive up from North Cali, LOVE that mountain twisty roads

Originally Posted by tahoe_joe

I'm looking to order in the next month or two. maybe not getting PSE and driving up to Portland from California for FVD is the way to go (2 for 1)!

Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Here are some dirty pictures, yes need to clean the car, but its like 30 degrees outside :0

and a clean picture during installation

Attached Images     
Old 01-16-2013, 05:03 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Originally Posted by tahoe_joe

i might be interested in driving down from bellingham if they would cut us a multiple discount on cat back only.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Get in touch with Rhonda (rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net) tell her Pete send ya

Maybe a group buy for anyone interested?

Matrix Integrated did the installation for me, u can ship it to their shop and save on tax. Thats what I did

Jeremy - jeremy@matrixintegrated.cc U can email him directly, tell him Pete send ya.

Originally Posted by trysixty
i might be interested in driving down from bellingham if they would cut us a multiple discount on cat back only.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:34 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Seems like a nice system; I really like the forty-pound weight saving.

Enjoy it!

Old 01-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Former Vendor
FluidMotorUnion has a spectacular aura aboutFluidMotorUnion has a spectacular aura about
Nice! Congrats! 40 pound weight savings is always a good thing!