sport and sport plus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 12:21 PM
GTSLVR991S is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TOPorschefan
Hi Kes7u-I have a 7MT with SC this is what i have noticed

Regular mode-a little dull for my liking
Sport-Throttle response is noticeably improved-I drive in this mode 90 % of time
Sport Plus-similar to sport but the suspension tightens up. Again noticeable from sport.

It is next to impossible not to notice the difference. I also have PSE which changes in character depending on normal mode and sport. With sport on you can hear a noticeable increase in engine sound in the cabin as the symposer opens up.
Really? I've never noticed that PSE was audibly different in sport and normal. Is it even more so in sport plus? I'll have to test this one out later.. So you do or do not have optional sport pasm?

Old 01-19-2013, 12:31 PM
GTSLVR991S is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kes7u
Thanks for this. This makes a lot of sense and sounds very accurate. I think the only thing is that PASM always is present, but turns to a sportier setting when switched 'on'. My guess is, similar to the 997, that PASM turned 'off' while on Sport Plus mode is still a more aggressive setting than when not in the Sport Plus mode.

Thanks for your information!
Kevin
Yea no problem, glad I could help. And thanks for the PASM clear up. After all it is right there in the name- Porsche "Active" Suspension Management...heh

Old 01-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTSLVR991S
Really? I've never noticed that PSE was audibly different in sport and normal. Is it even more so in sport plus?
The main difference in noise comes from the car not upshifting sooner as you go into Sport or Sport+. So you get more of the revs. If you sit still in normal mode and hit Sport or Sport+ you shouldn't hear much change, if any. Please correct me if I am wrong. As soon you give it gas you will hear the volume. In PDK the car tends to not want to go past 2k RPM before changing gears in standard mode.

Along with TOPorschefan, I like Sport mode much more. The car just seems to come alive and wants to jump like a puppy wanting to chase a ball.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:01 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Chupacabra
The main difference in noise comes from the car not upshifting sooner as you go into Sport or Sport+. So you get more of the revs. If you sit still in normal mode and hit Sport or Sport+ you shouldn't hear much change, if any. Please correct me if I am wrong. As soon you give it gas you will hear the volume. In PDK the car tends to not want to go past 2k RPM before changing gears in standard mode.

Along with TOPorschefan, I like Sport mode much more. The car just seems to come alive and wants to jump like a puppy wanting to chase a ball.
Pressing Sport or Sport Plus opens the valve in the "sound symposer" so that there is some intake manifold noise piped into the car just below the rear window. As the revs go up or down the sound corresponds.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Schunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to all
I just picked up 2013 C4S w/PDK on Monday. Coming out of 6 speed manual 2010 GT3, PDK is a very foreign feel. So in Sport Plus mode, it blips during downshift automatically, but when i click shifter to manual, it no longer automatically blips on downshift unless i manually downshift using a lever.

When you drive in Sport or Sport Plus mode, do you guys usually click shifter to manual, or just leave it in auto position?

Old 01-20-2013, 10:51 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Schunmd
I just picked up 2013 C4S w/PDK on Monday. Coming out of 6 speed manual 2010 GT3, PDK is a very foreign feel. So in Sport Plus mode, it blips during downshift automatically, but when i click shifter to manual, it no longer automatically blips on downshift unless i manually downshift using a lever.

When you drive in Sport or Sport Plus mode, do you guys usually click shifter to manual, or just leave it in auto position?
Congrats, it depends on where I am driving. Mostly on auto on weekday.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:33 AM
Schunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to all
Thanks!

So is the fastest way to accelerate using PDK to do launch control w/ Sport plus mode in automatic shifter position? Not that I'm going to try now; cant wait for 2k mi!!!

Old 04-16-2014, 05:42 PM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know exactly what happens with a 7MT without any performance options in sport mode?

Old 04-17-2014, 07:07 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Schunmd
PDK is a very foreign feel. So in Sport Plus mode, it blips during downshift automatically, but when i click shifter to manual, it no longer automatically blips on downshift unless i manually downshift using a lever.
? What do you mean ?

Old 04-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by naples991
Does anyone know exactly what happens with a 7MT without any performance options in sport mode?
In your case:

Sound symposer opens up (louder inside car)
More aggressive throttle remap (throttle response is more sensitive/aggressive)
Auto start/stop is disabled
Engine oil is cooled down to ~200*F (instead of hovering around 230*F in non-sport mode)

Old 04-18-2014, 04:58 PM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Christophosphorus
In your case:

Sound symposer opens up (louder inside car)
More aggressive throttle remap (throttle response is more sensitive/aggressive)
Auto start/stop is disabled
Engine oil is cooled down to ~200*F (instead of hovering around 230*F in non-sport mode)
Thanks a bunch Christo. I looked everywhere including the car's manual and found nothing. Thanks again.