4400 miles = new tires and a fault in the engine control system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 10:43 PM
asim is on a distinguished road
4400 miles = new tires and a fault in the engine control system

Took my 991C2S in to Carlsen with a Tire Pressure Monitor and a Engine Fault alert. Found out that I have a nail in the side wall and about a half dozen software upgrades + gasket cover + soft top tension belt. Anyone else experienced the Engine Control Fault alert? Build date early April -- Delivery June 1st. Sounds like a bug in the system that owners are not notified when there are a significant number of upgrades needed...

Old 01-20-2013, 11:06 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
sorry to hear that, well for me at 1400 miles CEL, MAF sensors replaced and Gasket for intake replaced. Its pretty normal I think for early to mid 991. Hope the dealer fix all the issues asap.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:33 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
I have an early build car (Jan 2012) that I purchased in March and have been notified several times by the dealer about factory "campaigns" to correct early production problems and bring the car to current spec. All were done under warranty at no cost. Your dealer should have been well aware of all of them and done them when you bought the car. A nail in the sidewall is a totally different pain in the butt.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:00 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I knew about the gasket one and the fuel line recall.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:26 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by advantyper
sorry to hear that, well for me at 1400 miles CEL, MAF sensors replaced and Gasket for intake replaced. Its pretty normal I think for early to mid 991. Hope the dealer fix all the issues asap.
You didn't happen to have a popping noise on slight acceleration before you got the new intake gasket did you advantyper?

ChuckJ

Old 01-21-2013, 08:47 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
No mine didn't have any popping noise on acceleration

but mine still have this annoying rattle coming from the driver side tweeter, which I need to take a look at

Originally Posted by ChuckJ
You didn't happen to have a popping noise on slight acceleration before you got the new intake gasket did you advantyper?

ChuckJ

Old 01-28-2013, 10:33 PM
jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !
Dropped off my 991 at the dealer today for minor issues (seat belt rattle, passenger window opens slightly when car unlocks) and was told there are NO service campaigns on my car. I find it hard to believe since this was my first service visit and I have a very early production car -Dec build, picked up Feb 4. Any idea where can I find open campaigns based on VIN?

Old 01-29-2013, 07:56 AM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
You can call 1800 PORSCHE and they will tell you if you have any open Campaigns. But what they can't (or won't) tell you is if there are any software upgrades -- they state that this is a dealer thing.

The passenger window moving on unlock is normal I think? To prep for people opening the door?

Old 01-29-2013, 09:50 AM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
The window opening is needed to open the door. If you look closely, you'll see the window raises and lowers from a small groove along the door frame. I think it's pretty cool how it works. I thought it was an issue too until I looked into the problem.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:32 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
i had an engine fault...just one misfire on start up. shut down engine and restarted..no problem.

had dealer check it and i seem to recall that there was a log entry for cylinder 2 misfire - just one incident.

hasn't happend since.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:03 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I had a BMW 3-series that I put 60k miles on...it had one misfire. One. That was it. Hopefully you don't have any more.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:27 PM
jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chupacabra
The window opening is needed to open the door. If you look closely, you'll see the window raises and lowers from a small groove along the door frame. I think it's pretty cool how it works. I thought it was an issue too until I looked into the problem.
Actually the passenger window opens when I unlock the car (on the key fob), not when I open the door. It results in a "whiste" sound when I get on the highway. Maybe a software malfunction. I also remembered that recently I had watermarks on the inside of the doors after car washes - wonder if there is some sort of seal thats leaking?

Overall, I am quite impressed with the car. I took delivery in Jan, even before the official launch date, and was prepared for lots of gremlins. Luckily, thats not the case