BOSE radio settings & unrelated PCM question (?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 08:34 AM
runner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Christophosphorus
I've tried this multiple times. I set it up with surround sound "on," save the settings to both #1 and #3 (key), and it still reverts back to surround sound being "off" after a power cycle. I'm baffled.
Sounds like you may not be saving the PCM settings correctly. Here's an explanation from a while back on this forum:

"There has been a lot of confusion about how to save comfort settings. Just pressing Set and then #1 or #2 DOES NOT SAVE these comfort settings. #1 or #2 only save your seat, mirrors and steering wheel settings for the key currently in use. All comfort settings (such PCM mode, radio stations, AC or Auto/Start) are only saved by hitting Set and the #3 button (the one with a little picture of a key, as TrySixty stated).

These settings and the current driver's preferred seat settings are then saved ONLY FOR THAT KEY. It does not override the comfort settings of the OTHER key. The second key has to be done independently, the same way or differently if there is a second driver that occasionally drives the car.

Also, the settings switch over to the other key ONLY if the second key is used to unlock the car. For example, if I go out to the garage and as I'm about to get in the unlocked car I notice the seat position is up (meaning the last person to drive it was my wife) I need to lock the car, then immediately unlock it and the car recognizes that it's my key and changes everything back to my settings."

Hope this helps.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:00 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Why do you have fader +1 to front? I experimented and actually like fader on -1 towards back. I sometimes like it on zero too. Since I am sitting so close to the front speakers as it is, I feel I get more of a spatial quality at -1 so I can hear the rear speakers more.
Agree.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:27 PM
EBMCS03 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by runner1021
Sounds like you may not be saving the PCM settings correctly. Here's an explanation from a while back on this forum:

"There has been a lot of confusion about how to save comfort settings. Just pressing Set and then #1 or #2 DOES NOT SAVE these comfort settings. #1 or #2 only save your seat, mirrors and steering wheel settings for the key currently in use. All comfort settings (such PCM mode, radio stations, AC or Auto/Start) are only saved by hitting Set and the #3 button (the one with a little picture of a key, as TrySixty stated).

These settings and the current driver's preferred seat settings are then saved ONLY FOR THAT KEY. It does not override the comfort settings of the OTHER key. The second key has to be done independently, the same way or differently if there is a second driver that occasionally drives the car.

Also, the settings switch over to the other key ONLY if the second key is used to unlock the car. For example, if I go out to the garage and as I'm about to get in the unlocked car I notice the seat position is up (meaning the last person to drive it was my wife) I need to lock the car, then immediately unlock it and the car recognizes that it's my key and changes everything back to my settings."

Hope this helps.

Oh! so #3 isnt really a third seat setting rather a "Key" memory? which saves not only the seats but many other settings?

Old 11-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by runner1021

Hope this helps.
Great explanation, but, like I said in my post you quoted, I actually tried both the seat memory (#1) and the key memory (#3). It doesn't make a difference. Also, I only use one key fob; the spare hasn't been touched.

It's interesting to note that ONLY the Surround Sound option will revert to the default, "off" position. Everything else in the audio settings is saved.

Originally Posted by oldman40
sorry if this is irrelevant, but did you check and make sure automemory is checked on your pcm settings?
Yes, it's checked. It's driving me nuts!

Last edited by Christophosphorus; 11-30-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:56 AM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Probably needs a "therapeutic" reboot then. Soft reboot is turning off and on the pcm power button. Not sure how to do a hard reboot other than taking to dealer...

Old 12-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by oldman40
Probably needs a "therapeutic" reboot then. Soft reboot is turning off and on the pcm power button. Not sure how to do a hard reboot other than taking to dealer...
Not a bad idea; I'll probably drive down to the dealership during the holidays and mention it to my rep.

Old 12-06-2016, 02:55 PM
mose121 is on a distinguished road
Reviving this thread...

Christophosphorus, did you ever get the issue with the Surround setting not saving figured out???