TriState Area Meetup (NY/NJ/CT)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:36 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
The official Bear Mountain cruise night begins in May. There are anywhere between 600 to a thousand cars that show up each Wednesday evening. The cars are parked on a beautiful lawn and the surrounding scenery is gorgeous; not to mention the wonderful twisties coming up and down the mountain. The Porsche people usually park at the top of the hill with the rest of the exotics.

You can find pictures and info here:

www.popyourhood.com

Old 03-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
I want to invite you all to visit the New York International Auto Show and come take a look at what we have done with our booth ... Porsche owners will appreciate the red 911 Turbo we got on display there!

Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2013, 05:40 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
I'm OK with opening it up to a bigger group too.

It sounds like the morning of April 13th works for a lot of people. Should we make it official for that day?

Let's pick a meeting point and time in the next few days so that it's on the books.

I think if we are opening this up to a larger group that we will need a place with a fair amount of space to meet up. That Sunoco Station on the Palisades in convenient, but doesn't have a ton of parking if we wind up with a number of attendees. Any other suggestions? Maybe one of the scenic overlooks along the Palisades might be a little less hectic?

Old 03-30-2013, 06:56 PM
00C2Cab is a jewel in the rough00C2Cab is a jewel in the rough00C2Cab is a jewel in the rough
Would love to meet up for a drive any Saturday afternoon or anytime Sunday if we can gtg on the North Shore Of LI like Americana Manhasset which has a ton of parking and beautiful stores, then head outwards from there...

Old 03-31-2013, 05:33 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
I would like to try to make it. Need check with "she who must be obeyed." Is there a final date, time and location. For my part, I hate driving from NJ to LI. But don't move it on my account. I am sure the LI people feel the same way about NJ, and for equally reasonable reasons.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Brooklyn991 is just really niceBrooklyn991 is just really niceBrooklyn991 is just really niceBrooklyn991 is just really niceBrooklyn991 is just really nice
Okay gents, let's step up and commit! April 13th drive meeting up on the Palisades. Brianja has some more details. I'll let him take it from here. We are both in! Let's get a nice group going. Who's coming?

Old 04-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Brooklyn991
Okay gents, let's step up and commit! April 13th drive meeting up on the Palisades. Brianja has some more details. I'll let him take it from here. We are both in! Let's get a nice group going. Who's coming?
It is close to me, so why not?

Old 04-05-2013, 08:45 AM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
I am in!

Old 04-05-2013, 08:58 AM
SxxB will become famous soon enoughSxxB will become famous soon enough
I am in provided I can get coverage for my kids in the morning. What time?

Old 04-05-2013, 09:52 AM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Where are we meeting and what time? I may be able to drive up for this.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:59 AM
rocket911 is on a distinguished road
Would you guys freakout if I showed up in my 997.2?

Old 04-05-2013, 10:15 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
OK guys. Here's my thought:

Saturday, April 13, 2013
9:00AM
Meet at the northernmost overlook area in NJ along the Palisades Parkway ("State Line Lookout")
MEETUP LOCATION MAP

This meeting point looks to be large enough for us to get a group together and not be in people's way / rushed out.

After some meeting time anyone who wants to go for a drive can head up north from there for a while.

Does that work for everyone?

Bring your cameras!

Old 04-05-2013, 10:18 AM
chuckbern will become famous soon enough
I am in Dix Hills. Willing to meet on LI or in NJ off route 4 after the GE with my 997.2 C4S. Anyone heading to Hershey on the 19th? Chuck

Old 04-05-2013, 10:18 AM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
Everything sounds good!

Darren, if you want we can meet earlier and have breakfast. I know I will drive there a lot earlier, to avoid traffic.

I think nobody has ANY problem with anybody showing up with a 997, or any other car at all.

We're there for fun.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by chuckbern
I am in Dix Hills. Willing to meet on LI or in NJ off route 4 after the GE with my 997.2 C4S. Anyone heading to Hershey on the 19th? Chuck
Chuck, If you want we can meet to drive together to the Meeting, but I will leave around 7am...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TriState Area Meetup (NY/NJ/CT)