TriState Area Meetup (NY/NJ/CT)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Brooklyn991 is just really niceBrooklyn991 is just really niceBrooklyn991 is just really niceBrooklyn991 is just really niceBrooklyn991 is just really nice
Originally Posted by SxxB
Where in Brooklyn are you starting from?
I will be starting from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn leaving at 7:45am, shooting thru the Battery Tunnel up the West Side Highway meeting up with some others uptown at 8:15am.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:11 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Count me in!

Old 04-09-2013, 12:39 PM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
Wow! How many are we??

Is there a restaurant driving north where we can park all the babies and eat something good?

Old 04-09-2013, 12:54 PM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
The thought right now was to meet up, hang out for a while then go for a drive and end up up north at somewhere with parking around 12 or 12:30 for lunch.

That work?

Old 04-09-2013, 01:18 PM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
NICE!!!!!

Old 04-09-2013, 01:58 PM
SxxB will become famous soon enoughSxxB will become famous soon enough
Sounds perfect. I've got a 991S and I may have a buddy in 9914S with me.

Originally Posted by Brooklyn991
I will be starting from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn leaving at 7:45am, shooting thru the Battery Tunnel up the West Side Highway meeting up with some others uptown at 8:15am.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:08 PM
We may cause price of Crude oil to move up....given all the gas we'll use

Old 04-09-2013, 02:26 PM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like we are going to have a hell of a group! Awesome! I hope that parking lot at the state line is big enough. lol.

I think that keeping a group like this together for the drive portion is going to be next to impossible. I've been involved with a few HUGE drives up there (125+ cars), but then everyone was split into much smaller groups and there were multiple group leaders who knew the roads very well.

I have a preliminary route figured out that hits some awesome roads and is pretty simple in the directions department. I'll be sure to print out lots of copies for the group and we can use them, with some stopping / re-gathering / photo locations along the way to make the trip up North. This will also allow everyone to go at their own pace and enjoy the roads as they see fit.

I'm getting excited to meet everyone on Saturday! Let's hope for some great weather.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by ale70
We may cause price of Crude oil to move up....given all the gas we'll use
lol!

That reminds me, though...

Everyone, please make sure you are as close to a full tank as possible when you arrive at the meeting point. Gas stations can be a little scarce along the route (though I know of two, in case of an emergency).

Also, if you have a walkie-talkie at home it can't hurt to bring. It's a great way to keep in touch with other drivers in your vicinity along the drive.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:45 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brianja
lol!

That reminds me, though...

Everyone, please make sure you are as close to a full tank as possible when you arrive at the meeting point. Gas stations can be a little scarce along the route (though I know of two, in case of an emergency).

Also, if you have a walkie-talkie at home it can't hurt to bring. It's a great way to keep in touch with other drivers in your vicinity along the drive.
First, thanks for doing this. I did one a little later in the year last year when the first wave of us were getting our 911s.

It is up to you, but it might be a good idea to pick a restaurant to end at. This way, if someone gets hung up and misses the start, or gets lost or separated from the group, they have a location that they can punch into NAV, and an approximate time, and meet everyone at the other end.

Looking forward to it. Car is being detailed tomorrow!
Cheers

Old 04-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by AG991
First, thanks for doing this. I did one a little later in the year last year when the first wave of us were getting our 911s.

It is up to you, but it might be a good idea to pick a restaurant to end at. This way, if someone gets hung up and misses the start, or gets lost or separated from the group, they have a location that they can punch into NAV, and an approximate time, and meet everyone at the other end.

Looking forward to it. Car is being detailed tomorrow!
Cheers
Of course! The end point has already been chosen. I just need to call them to confirm that there is no reason not to use them (private party has them closed, etc.). The final destination and the waypoints on the route will be included in the directions given that morning.

If anyone can't meet early in the AM and would like to just meet for lunch in the Bear Mountain area, PM me and i'll give you the place as soon as it is final.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:22 AM
So, basically the idea is after lunch to split up. I just need to be precise to the wife....."so, Saturday you will be away for the whole day?"

Old 04-10-2013, 06:08 AM
After lunch people can do whatever they want. There are plenty of other roads and areas to explore up there. If everyone wants to continue on then they can, of course, do so.

I need to be back in the city by mid-afternoon, though, so I likely won't be able to stick around much after lunch.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:32 PM
chuckbern will become famous soon enough
Have you chosen a breakfast joint yet for those who are leaving earlier? There are diners on RT. 4 right after the GW to eat at and we get also get some cheap NJ gas before we head up the Palisades to the meeting point. Do you also know how to cross-post this discussion on the 997 Forum. Are you guys also on Rennlist too?

Old 04-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Nuke986 has a spectacular aura aboutNuke986 has a spectacular aura about
Please post the final location for lunch 'cause I've gotta work until noon and since I live up in the northern part of this trek I may be able to join up at the restaurant..... Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TriState Area Meetup (NY/NJ/CT)