PASM vs PASM Sport suspension?

Old 04-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
PASM vs PASM Sport suspension?

Has anyone driven them back to back? How much stiffer is the PASM Sport? Does in effect turn in (quicker)? Like the look but live in a state with some of the worst roads in the world.

Thanks!

Old 04-29-2013, 08:16 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tpup
Has anyone driven them back to back? How much stiffer is the PASM Sport? Does in effect turn in (quicker)? Like the look but live in a state with some of the worst roads in the world.

Thanks!
My first 991 was with standard PASM: just fine, a little too compliant and sitting too high for my taste.

I then installed SpeedArt springs: a bit firmer and better -lower- looks, a bit more effective in the turns.

On my second 991, I have PDCC+SPASM. Cosmetically, the car sits somewhere between the PASM & the PASM + aftermarket springs. On the road, the ride is noticeably the firmest of the three in any mode (normal, sport, sport+), but it turns in better (more stable and planted, less roll) and offers better performances.

I would still go for PDCC+SPASM if had to do it again.

Attached Images    
Old 04-29-2013, 08:44 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree. Serge, I also have PDCC, one of the few I know who sprung for it. I assumed when you ordered this with PASM, you effectively have SPASM. It does not say SPASM on my build, but I am clearly lower than others with PASM and no PDCC. Is your build sheet the same?

Sorry to hijack the thread. It is not too stiff. It is not like a GT3 or a GTC.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Rainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud of
Yes I have driven PASM, PASM+PDCC, SPASM, SPASM+PDCC, all on the C2S, no experience on the C4S at all.

Echo the sentiments so far. Can't really say there is much of a difference in road feel and handling, even with spirited driving between either of the SPASM models (no track experience though).

Very different with the PASM models. Turns noticably flatter with the PASM+PDCC (I need to add that the PASM without PDCC is not exactly "floppy" in the turns either). While many say that it rides smoother with PDCC I honestly can't say that - I find them very similar in that regard. If there is a difference it is small.

The SPASM in normal mode is stiffer than the PASM in sport mode. Never harsh though - somehow the "edges" have been taken off the bumps, perhaps it's just good seats. SPASM in sport mode is very stiff and a bad road is felt just that way - badly.

After fussing about these options until my wife threatened divorce if I don't talk about something else I settled for the non-PDCC SPASM. Thus freed, I then started talking about colors...

Rainier

Old 04-30-2013, 03:19 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
My first 991 was with standard PASM: just fine, a little too compliant and sitting too high for my taste.

I then installed SpeedArt springs: a bit firmer and better -lower- looks, a bit more effective in the turns.

On my second 991, I have PDCC+SPASM. Cosmetically, the car sits somewhere between the PASM & the PASM + aftermarket springs. On the road, the ride is noticeably the firmest of the three in any mode (normal, sport, sport+), but it turns in better (more stable and planted, less roll) and offers better performances.

I would still go for PDCC+SPASM if had to do it again.
Thanks!! I do have a car with PASM and I have the SpeedArt springs in the box. How was the ride of your PASM car with the SpeedArt springs vs. the Sport PASM? I do not have PDCC so if you can comment without that factor it would be very helpful. I'm ok with the PASM ride I just wish it was a bit lower...

Thanks!
Roy

Old 04-30-2013, 06:37 PM
0luke1 is on a distinguished road
I went from a 997 turbo to a 991 c4s with SPASM. The turbo in sport mode was too harsh for my taste, the c4s ride is fine in both modes, although I find myself in sport plus, loud button on and in regular shock mode most often.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:15 AM
pyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud of
^^ the new 991tt and tts only comes in PDCC+PASM, spasm is not an option.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
ok sorry for the revival but when I look at equipped cars via the dealer websites - it all states PASM... nothing says SPASM. Can you help out a non newbie newbie with this?

Old 06-24-2013, 09:47 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Thanks!! I do have a car with PASM and I have the SpeedArt springs in the box. How was the ride of your PASM car with the SpeedArt springs vs. the Sport PASM? I do not have PDCC so if you can comment without that factor it would be very helpful. I'm ok with the PASM ride I just wish it was a bit lower...

Thanks!
Roy
Sorry, I missed your post! As explained earlier, SPASM seems firmer than PASM+SpeedArt springs. I do not think that PDCC changes how firm the suspension is, but it could be that SPASM is more than PASM + different springs and that the active dampers setting/control law are different too.

Originally Posted by Vic55
ok sorry for the revival but when I look at equipped cars via the dealer websites - it all states PASM... nothing says SPASM. Can you help out a non newbie newbie with this?
You will find SPASM under a dealer build as this option:
030 - PASM Sport Suspension

A lot of people go for SPASM + PDCC (can be ordered as one combined option)

Old 06-25-2013, 05:44 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
FYI: Ground clearance with sport design & SPASM /front spoiler is 5.75"

Old 06-25-2013, 05:59 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of

Thanks!
I drove PASM and Sport PASM back to back and found the difference compelling so I bought the Sport PASM. It has shorter stiffer springs and stiffer sway bars. I found a very obvious difference in feel- more like the 911s I previously owned- and a perfectly acceptable ride. The steering felt better to me, and the car seemed to roll a bit less. And I liked the way the tires filled the wheel wells (w 5 mm spacers that the PASM did not have). Both cars had 20 in Perillis. I can't tell you there was a huge difference in ultimate cornering or some big change in overall handling. I did not test the cars back to back at that edge for performance.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:02 PM
///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough
I would highly recommend getting Sport PASM. I skipped on this and now regret it, the base PASM is pretty comfortable even with the Sport Suspension Button on, in normal mode it's way too soft. The real selling point is the the lower height which makes a noticeable difference.

Last edited by ///armin; 06-26-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:49 PM
mas8002mi will become famous soon enough
does anyone know the exact ground clearance in inches for the PASM vs SPASM?

Old 03-19-2014, 11:42 PM
EDubya is on a distinguished road
Can someone clarify this for me? I has PASM, which you can turn on to Sport Mode and off to Normal Mode. Is SPASM different from this?

Also, when I do turn "on" Sport Mode, does my car automatically lower? Or is ride height automatically lower since I have PASM.

Sorry for the noob questions.

Thanks!

Old 03-20-2014, 01:03 AM
Dominic in London is on a distinguished road
I have PASM + PDCC on my C2S with powerkit and love it. Handles beautifully through the twists and yet is comfortable on the straights. Owned and driven many Porsches and this is the best for me.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PASM vs PASM Sport suspension?