991 Clear Bra?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Expect212 is on a distinguished road
I got a quote from my dealer, he said its 3m film and they wrap completely around the car leaving no lines in most of the bumper and hood, but he said it would be $1680 with full hood bumper, fenders, mirror. Is that a fair price?

Old 05-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Nine XI will become famous soon enoughNine XI will become famous soon enough
That is a great price. I paid $2,300 for the same thing using Xpel Ultimate.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:05 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Personally, you should not get hung up on best price.... meeting and getting to know the installer and seeing his other work is important to me. I prefer it done in my garage, rather than mass production dealership.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:11 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DO991
Hi Guys,

New here. Any recommended clear bra installer in Souther NJ/Philadelphia area?

Thanks.

Alan
Got mine done at ACAP Auto Graphics in Mannheim, PA. http://www.lancasterautographics.com/

If you do a search for threads posted by me, you will see pics of the install. Bill does amazing work and custom cuts the film on site.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:13 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Do not get it done by the dealer and don't use 3M. There are much better products out there than that.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by mto
Definitately have it done. I used Eagleguard a few years ago for my 911's. They are located in Elmsford and come to your house. They do many high cars for dealerships in NY, and CT. Eddie is the owner, 914-789-5277. No affilation, but would use them again.
Im gonna listen to you guys and do some research and call around. But does the guy in elmsford use Xpel?

Old 05-07-2013, 04:21 AM
Nine XI will become famous soon enoughNine XI will become famous soon enough
I agree with mto on the price comment - not nearly as important as someone who will do a quality job.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:39 PM
harryz is on a distinguished road
Did full front, hood, fenders, mirrors and headlights. Used Xpel and had it done thru there facility in San Antonio.
Superior work and after three track days, not a mark.
Highly recommend

Old 05-07-2013, 05:04 PM
97c2s993 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Expect212
I live in Lower Westchester, New York
Detailing Dynamics in Mineola, Long Island. They undid a terrible job someone else did on my hood, and corrected other dealer installed protection installed elsewhere which protected wrong parts it turns out (yes I too was naive and a newbie). These guys ARE the business. Look them up.
You will thank me.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:54 PM
DO991 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DBYT

Got mine done at ACAP Auto Graphics in Mannheim, PA. http://www.lancasterautographics.com/

If you do a search for threads posted by me, you will see pics of the install. Bill does amazing work and custom cuts the film on site.
Thank you very much! How much was the install so I can save up?

Old 05-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Rickrack is on a distinguished road
clear bra MA, clear bra boston, Unique Car Care, Xpel Ultimate

Originally Posted by Expect212
I got a quote from my dealer, he said its 3m film and they wrap completely around the car leaving no lines in most of the bumper and hood, but he said it would be $1680 with full hood bumper, fenders, mirror. Is that a fair price?

I own a detail shop in MA and do lots of clear bra installs. We offer both “standard kits” and “full frontal” coverage. Most of the cars I do are high line and exotics, so it’s a must to use a good film, especially when covering an entire front end of a car (complete hood, complete fenders, bumper and mirrors). The newer films out are so nice that you cannot even tell the difference between a panel that is covered in film compared to bare paint.

The gloss, clarity and texture of the film is pretty unbelievable and worth considering if you’re looking to protect your paint from getting damaged. It can be polished, washed, waxed, etc. and no real special care is needed.

I was using the 3M/Ventureshield product for a while, but have been using Xpel Ultimate film for the last couple years, which is the best film on the market in my opinion. It has great clarity, no orange peel and has a clearcoat topcoat. The best thing about this particular film is that is has self-healing properties if you happen to scratch it at some point. Any type of heat (sunlight, engine heat, hot water, etc. will promote the self healing and the scratches will disappear. It also has great UV protection and will not discolor, fade or get cloudy like other films on the market. Most films look great when first installed, but typically degrade not even a year later. This film is backed with a 10 year warranty.

I noticed you are from NY, so not sure if you'd make the drive up to MA to have your 991 wrapped. Pricing for a "full frontal" (complete front bumper, full hood, full fenders, side mirrors and headlights) would be $1,795. The price includes a proper prep of the areas being covered in film to ensure a quality install. The prep consists of washing the exterior, claybar treatment to all areas being covered in film (removes bonded contaminants), polish all areas being covered in film (removes any imperfections in the paint) and wipe down the paint surface with prep solvent to ensure the film has a perfect surface to adhere to. This is very important and makes a big difference in the final product.

We perform a fully custom install instead of using pre-cut kits. Pre-cut kits typically have lots of critical areas that don't get covered and are prone to stone damage, not to mention lots of unnecessary seams. By performing a fully custom install, we use bulk film and are able to have all seams very close to any openings (park distance sensors, reflectors, headlights, foglights, etc.) for a cleaner install with added coverage. In addition, all edges are completely wrapped over (hood, fenders, etc.).

Once the installation is complete, I apply a paint protection film sealant to protect the film against bugs, bird mess, tree sap, etc... The install is performed my installers who have been in the business for a long time 12 years. With most companies out there, they have multiple installers and you never know who will show up to do the install. The last thing you want is some rookie installer cutting on your car. I guarantee our work 100% and I doubt you will find a better job anywhere else.

In case you might be interested, here are just a couple examples of our work:

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...-coverage.html

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...-ultimate.html

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...rotection.html

Let me know if you have any other questions or would like to set something up.

Keep in mind that the price includes all the prep work, fully custom install (not precut), using the best film on the market and a paint protection sealant after the install.

Let me know if you have any questions

Best regards,

~Rick

Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2013, 08:17 AM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
I had one of the arguably best company do 6 or 7 of my cars (lost count) in the past few years - Premier (www.premiermobilegroup.com). They recently worked on my 991 and put up some pictures here as well, so just search and you'll see why so many tout their skills. Costed me about 2 grand to do the entire front. I also added their nano tint, which blew the socks off my ceramic tint in the other car. I've also referred scores of colleagues and relatives to them and they all praise their work. If I had 3 thumbs I'd give it to them for superb work and service.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:19 AM
I just got the Clear bra done i used Xpel Ultimate and got the full bumper full fenders and full hood mirrors and headlights came out great couldn't ask for anything more. Joseph DeLeon from X-Treme Vehicle Coating, in Bayside Queens, NY did a great job with the install (cant even tell its on) and could not be happier. His number is 917-602-9761 if anyone is interested.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:30 AM
virtualdentist is on a distinguished road
clear bra

I have used these products for every car I have owned in the last 10 years, starting with a volvo 90SC, Viper, Corvette, Corvette, Land Rover, 911 and not once have I had any problem with the products. I always use the 3M product which is more expensive but resists yellowing (UV block) and never had any problem with peeling off.

Had a rock chip in my C6 corvette dead center of hood. Took my heat gun and gently teased it off, took it into 'Car Crazy' in Olympia and they put a new sheet on, just paid for the materials, bout $100 for enough to do the hood

Can't imagine a $150,000 car without a clear bra

Old 05-15-2013, 11:33 AM
virtualdentist is on a distinguished road
clear bra

friend had a cheap alternative on his 911 that he parked outside every day in the sun. After a year, had to be replaced. We took the clear bra off same way as above with a heat gun with little heat and moving slow. On the way to the shop to get the new bra on the hood, 2" god damn rock hit his hood and chipped to the metal and broke his windshield.

figures.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 Clear Bra?