What You Need to Know About Clear Bra - 991 Example

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 05:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
What You Need to Know About Clear Bra - 991 Example

Since we @ Premier have been at it since '97, we would like to share with some 991 enthusiasts on what to seek when it comes to paint protection film. Hopefully this information is useful for those who just picked up the 911:

1. First and foremost, installer installer installer is the key. This is stressed because there are and will constantly have new installers coming into this industry. Although, there may not be anything wrong with a newbie, we would assume you wouldn't want your car to be their training vehicle. The length of time in business indicates a certain level of experience. Legitimate businesses should have a business license, so if you are unsure of the length of time the company's been around, just do a quick reference search on google or your the City would have available publicly online business licenses.

2. Precut and Custom - This is equally important as the installer. This is not a question about utilizing a precut template that is generated via a CAD software then cut to the sheet of paint protection film. If the installer can't lay film down because of experience, it does not matter whether it is precut or custom - IT WILL LOOK HORRIBLE IN THE END. With that said, a competent custom installer, the end result would generally be better than a precut kit. However, just because an installer states he or she does "custom" doesn't mean custom installers are all equal. This goes back to experience and even amongst the experienced installers, there may be a wide margin when it comes to the results and that is because this is a Craft.

Below is an example of what a custom install looks like on a white 991 Cab. We did the full hood and front bumper only:

CloseUps with the camera only inches away

Attached Images      

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 05-31-2013, 06:18 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Great work like always

Old 05-31-2013, 07:28 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
What should I expect to pay for a quality clear bra?

Old 05-31-2013, 07:28 PM
DO991 is on a distinguished road
I need a good recommendation for an installer in southern NJ area

Old 06-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
You guys do a great job...thanks for job well done on mine!

Old 06-01-2013, 03:48 AM
BOBP is on a distinguished road
Try Cliff at Auto Armour - 443-226-4303 It might be a little of a ride, but well worth the trip.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:40 PM
tahoe_joe has a spectacular aura abouttahoe_joe has a spectacular aura about
Dropped my car off with you (Premier) today!

Old 06-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tahoe_joe
OK...where're the pics???

Old 06-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Jay9722 is on a distinguished road
I have a 2005 Turbo S with original precut clear bra that is approaching 7 years on the car. It is in ok shape but starting to discolor. I want to remove this and get it re wrappednwith clear film. Should I remove the film myself before taking it in to be wrapped or leave it to the experts? It looks like a precut kit because it has clearly obvious edges on the mirrors, front bumper, the door edges, and a quarter of the way up the hood. Because this has been on so long I am concerned that the paint fade will be obvious and taking it off will be worse than getting new wrap. Suggestions?

Old 06-02-2013, 09:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
What should I expect to pay for a quality clear bra?
There are various factors in pricing:

1. region / city / county - There can be a various drastic difference
2. experience - Very typically the more experienced installers would have a higher hourly rate vs. the newer companies
3. coverage - the amount of coverage determines the pricing. The more coverage on the vehicle the higher the cost.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by tahoe_joe
Photos to come next week!

Old 06-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Jay9722
I have a 2005 Turbo S with original precut clear bra that is approaching 7 years on the car. It is in ok shape but starting to discolor. I want to remove this and get it re wrappednwith clear film. Should I remove the film myself before taking it in to be wrapped or leave it to the experts? It looks like a precut kit because it has clearly obvious edges on the mirrors, front bumper, the door edges, and a quarter of the way up the hood. Because this has been on so long I am concerned that the paint fade will be obvious and taking it off will be worse than getting new wrap. Suggestions?

If it is some very old film, it may take quite a bit of elbow grease to do. Taking it to an installer to remove would be the easiest, but it will be an expense. It sounds like you have a partial hood piece. You may need to get a detailer to polish out the dirt line when the film is removed. In addition, expect the paint underneath to be pristine and the uncovered area to show more wear. This means you may need to have the hood polished to match since you may have some chips above the partial hood clear bra and some swirls as well.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Premier Films
There are various factors in pricing:

1. region / city / county - There can be a various drastic difference
2. experience - Very typically the more experienced installers would have a higher hourly rate vs. the newer companies
3. coverage - the amount of coverage determines the pricing. The more coverage on the vehicle the higher the cost.
We're talking South Florida (east and west coasts).
I only want to deal with a very experienced, high quality outfit.
Coverage would be the entire front.

I'm guessing $1200 - $1500. Is that about right?

Old 06-02-2013, 10:28 AM
DTMT is on a distinguished road
Excellent Job

Excellent job sir

Old 06-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
We're talking South Florida (east and west coasts).
I only want to deal with a very experienced, high quality outfit.
Coverage would be the entire front.

I'm guessing $1200 - $1500. Is that about right?
$1200 would be on the low side. This is typically what the newer installers charge. Give Autosupershield a call. They are one of the more experienced installers in FL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What You Need to Know About Clear Bra - 991 Example