Where can we get this spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 10:09 PM
gitongisip is on a distinguished road
Where can we get this spoiler

Any idea where can we get this GT3 cup look spoiler?

http://teamspeed.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1335126281

Old 06-26-2013, 05:09 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Uggh. Why ruin such a nice car?

Old 06-26-2013, 07:24 AM
///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough
Please don't do that

Old 06-26-2013, 08:00 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
How on earth does someone want a spoiler like that on a streetcar and ruin the whole car with it!? Like the name says... It spoils your car!

Suzy991

Last edited by Suzy991; 06-26-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:40 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
I can only presume he is joking ?!

Old 06-26-2013, 09:00 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
One word describes that spoiler. "UGLY"

Old 06-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
That is more than ugly it's FUGLY.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:40 PM
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gitongisip
Any idea where can we get this GT3 cup look spoiler?

http://teamspeed.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1335126281
What you mean "we", pale face?
(lost on you youngsters but maybe some of the older folks here will get it)

Old 06-27-2013, 12:11 AM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
I think they sell those at Kragen Autoparts. . . Is Kragen still around? Carpeted dash cover would compliment that spoiler too.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:16 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
It's a Gt3Rs spoiler . I know someone who has it on his 997.1 and it actually looks ok (even though my personal taste is to simply leave the base and S cars cosmetically stock with the exterior) on that car but on a 991 it looks ridiculous.
Here's a pic on the 997.1

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-27-2013 at 03:25 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Airdoc will become famous soon enough
The OP asked a simple question. I don’t think he needs to be picked on or criticized. I don’t think that is what the forum should be about. So in the spirit of sharing information here are my thoughts.
· If you really want the part, check in with a local race or tuner shop. Preferably one that is involved with or sponsors a team. Many offer packages to upgrade cars and bring then to certain specifications for advanced level amateur racing. Napleton Porsche Motorsports is one example, and Champion Motorsports is another. If they don’t have the part I am sure they know where to get it.
· If you want to go for the “GT3 cup look”, I think you need to go all in and get the entire package. I agree the picture posted by the OP doesn’t look good, but if you look up 991 GT3 cup car, I think that looks awesome. (I however, would feel a bit silly driving one to the local market).
· This leads to my next point, which is that spoilers serve a function. If you massively increase down force at the rear of the car without making a corresponding adjustment for the front end, you will destabilize the car’s handling characteristics. The effects of doing this will become more pronounced, and more dangerous, the faster you happen to be going. This is why body kits offered by Porsche and TekArt come as complete packages that have been wind tunnel tested. They will not sell the rear spoilers alone.
· Finally, I think a rear spoiler is a common “look fast” mod. But what a rear spoiler actually does is increase weight, increase drag, and increase rear end down force. So your look fast mod really just slows the car down.
I am not an expert, but I suggest you think carefully before placing a giant spoiler on the back end.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:51 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Airdoc -

I agree with much of what you stated . I think the snag with placing the Cup or gt3 wing on a regular 991 is that the aerodynamics might not be identical to an actual cup car or Gt3. The front fascia, the cars suspension, even the width of the car are not idential so the downforce that you describe is altered .

In fact Porsche does make an actual aerokit for the 991.

As for the forum ettiquette of giving an opinion . I think any time someone writes a post it's fair game to voice an opinion just as you voiced having an opinion about the replies which you felt were negative on the thread .

That's just posting .. in my opinion .

Old 06-27-2013, 10:07 PM
Friends don't let friends drive ugly Porsches.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:42 PM
onapex is on a distinguished road
sorry, can't help, but I would go for the RSR wing!

Attached Images