Dumping my C2S for a GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 03:39 PM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
Dumping my C2S for a GT3

Went to the dealer today to get in line for a GT3. Hopefully, I will have it by late winter or early next spring.

Here's the config: I don't know whether or not to order the lifting system yet.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PESS2PF2

Old 06-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Very hot! If you plan on any street driving, getting the front lifting system is mandatory. Otherwise, your're going to hang up the front and scrape it mercilessly.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:49 PM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
There doesn't appear to be any details of that option yet, that's why I'm holding off.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by flyanddive
There doesn't appear to be any details of that option yet, that's why I'm holding off.
Are you located outside the States? It's in the configurator under Performance:

Front Axle Lift System $3,490

Old 06-27-2013, 04:11 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I am very jealous! It is a real nice config. Congrats.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Are you located outside the States? It's in the configurator under Performance:

Front Axle Lift System $3,490
Ahh, I see it now, they didn't have a description of it a few days ago when I made the config.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:30 PM
tanman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by flyanddive
Went to the dealer today to get in line for a GT3. Hopefully, I will have it by late winter or early next spring.

Here's the config: I don't know whether or not to order the lifting system yet.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PESS2PF2
Wow, you are able to get one by late winter? Allocations went out here in the USA just 2 days ago with most Premiere dealers getting 8-10 allocations for the next two years. Needless to say, securing an allocation is not easy even if you have cash in hand. I was in for a C4S and changed my mind to a GT3, and now must wait a bit to get an allocation. Good going if you can get a car that soon.

Last edited by tanman; 06-27-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:22 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
WOW, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

ChuckJ

Old 06-27-2013, 06:28 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
subscribed

Old 06-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by tanman
Wow, you are able to get one by late winter? Allocations went out here in the USA just 2 days ago with most Premiere dealers getting 8-10 allocations for the next two years. Needless to say, securing an allocation is not easy even if you have cash on hand. I was in for a C4S and changed my mind to a GT3, and now must wait a bit to get an allocation. I leased a C2 in the meantime until I get a spot for the GT3. Good going if you can get a car that soon.
I said hopefully, fingers crossed, but it will most likely be a year or more. Ugghh

Old 06-28-2013, 01:59 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Congratulations! Re the front lift option. My 997.2 GT3 didn't have it and the front survived just fine. Sure you have to be careful over bumps and parking etc. you will have to do that even if you have the lift. I won't be picking that option.

My dealer got 2 allocations, November 2013 and fall 2014. They gave me first choice and as I'm so enjoying my 2S and I want to check out the turbo S, I picked the 2014 allocation.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:51 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
the new lip appears to be bigger and covers more area than the 997 ($200ish) so i'm thinking it will cost more. Axle lift is prob a good idea.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:19 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
It can't weigh that much, is there a downside to ordering it?

ChuckJ

Old 06-28-2013, 07:59 AM
RcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really nice
Originally Posted by tanman
Wow, you are able to get one by late winter? Allocations went out here in the USA just 2 days ago with most Premiere dealers getting 8-10 allocations for the next two years. Needless to say, securing an allocation is not easy even if you have cash in hand. I was in for a C4S and changed my mind to a GT3, and now must wait a bit to get an allocation. Good going if you can get a car that soon.
I just dropped off my deposit yesterday for the very first allocated GT3 at my local dealer. I couldn't resist. Yeah I don't need a GT3 and its beyond my limits at the track. My C4S is awesome and reminds me why I bought the car every time I drive it. But I want this car and I cant stop thinking of the 9k rpm power band.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:49 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
It can't weigh that much, is there a downside to ordering it?

ChuckJ
IIRC the system weighs about 14lbs in the 997

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dumping my C2S for a GT3