Safe cleaners for xpel ultimate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 08:45 PM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
Safe cleaners for xpel ultimate

I am having a hard time removing the insect remnants from my front clear bra and was wondering what people were using to clean their xpel. I had been told by my installer to try to avoid cleaners per se, and treat with NXT tech 2.0 and macguires quick detailed. These are not removing all remnants.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:27 PM
j080808 is on a distinguished road
I have had good luck with non abrasive petroleum based products like Rejex or NuFinish.

I treat my clear bra parts with Rejex and after a good soak with soapy water, all the bugs come off, even the baked on ones.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Boomer1990 is a splendid one to beholdBoomer1990 is a splendid one to beholdBoomer1990 is a splendid one to beholdBoomer1990 is a splendid one to beholdBoomer1990 is a splendid one to beholdBoomer1990 is a splendid one to beholdBoomer1990 is a splendid one to behold
I mix a 4-1 ratio H20 to Dawn in a spray bottle. Spray on bug spots, let sit for a couple of minutes, wipe off easily with wet microfiber sponge. Wash and wax car as usual. No stains nor remnants visible in Xpel.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:14 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I use Griots detailer and have had no issues removing dirt, insects, etc. from my clear bra.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:51 AM
thanks. appreciate the input, i'll try those.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:14 AM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
I've safely used goo gone. It's strong but best to dampen a sponge with it and rinse quickly.

However, DO NOT use "GOO-GONE Extreme". This stuff is very concentrated and basically melted my clearbra. Doh!!!! Had it replaced after that.

That being said, I'm surprised warm water and soap cannot get the critters off.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:22 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
some times you get really stubborn contaminents. after lots of soap, light polish, you just can't get it off. not to mention color etched into the film

for these hard stains, i use diluted alcohol. rinse quickly using a water spray bottle. test in an area first as some films have a clear coat that you don't want to mess up.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:56 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Soap and water with elbow grease( followed by alcohol if necessary) and then tons of soap and water again.
Now I just need to figure out how best to polish Xpel.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by dux
Soap and water with elbow grease( followed by alcohol if necessary) and then tons of soap and water again.
Now I just need to figure out how best to polish Xpel.
For wax/ Polish, I do like the NXT 2.0 my installer recommended.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:14 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
I used to use Zaino before Xpel, but will certainly give NXT a try - Thanks for the pointer.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:53 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
XPEL Ultimate is an amazing material. To prevent further damage from bug guts, bee poop, waterspotting, etc. apply a quality sealant. After every one of our installs, we apply a nano coating as part of the installation. This dramatically improves the durability.

To clean, we use a light paint cleanser to get the stubborn area cleaned safely:

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...Cleaner/Detail

Also, applying a spray wax after each wash helps too

Hope this helps.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:46 AM
Former Vendor
XPEL is a jewel in the roughXPEL is a jewel in the roughXPEL is a jewel in the rough
You can safely use lacquer thinner, acetone, 100% isopropyl alcohol, xylene and a few other solvents on XPEL Ultimate. None of them will harm the film at all. Just be sure it IS Ultimate. Most of these chemicals will destroy other films.