Question on Sport Techno wheels...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 04:58 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Question on Sport Techno wheels...

In stock form, are they all one shade of silver or is the inside of the spoke area painted a darker shade? Does anyone have these yet, or seen them in person? Pictures seem to vary so I am not sure what I am getting.

Attached Images    

Last edited by BradB; 09-06-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
All silver and all pointing the same direction. Meaning that the blades will point front on one side and to the rear on the other. It's a pet peeve of mine. Still like them overall, but that just bugs me!

Old 09-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Rapture1 is on a distinguished road
I have them painted black, love them. The standard color the spoke is GT Silver as is my car so I thought I would get those. Love them painted black, last minute change to the build.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pcar22-2.jpg
Views:	769
Size:	539.6 KB
ID:	278023  
Old 09-06-2013, 05:47 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=BradB;3932242]In stock form, are they all one shade of silver or is the inside of the spoke area painted a darker shade? Does anyone have these yet, or seen them in person? Pictures seem to vary so I am not sure what I am getting.

Standard they are all one color. The multi-tones are special order.

Old 09-06-2013, 05:50 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by chuckbdc

Standard they are all one color. The multi-tones are special order.
Special order on a new build, or after market? I didn't see anything on the configuration except black paint.

I really wanted the inside painted grey.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:11 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BradB
Special order on a new build, or after market? I didn't see anything on the configuration except black paint.

I really wanted the inside painted grey.
I really don't know- your dealer will.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by chuckbdc
I really don't know- your dealer will.
You don't know my dealer!

I'll research. Thanks.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Rapture1 is on a distinguished road
As standard the inside of the spoke is painted GT Silver, at least in the U.S.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:24 AM
jnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to all
When I finalized my build you could get them silver, matching exterior color (just the recessed portion of the spokes and the portion between the spokes) as option XD9, or black (same portios as above) as option XDA. That is for a C4S cab. Configurator still shows them accurately afaik.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Vegasguy will become famous soon enough
The Sport Techno is a beautiful wheel (IMO), and is not just one color. It is painted GT Silver in the center areas, and has a chrome finish on the outer edges of spokes and rims.

Also, the Sport Technos, which are 1/2 inch wider, come with 305's on the rear, and include the colored center caps.

Hope this helps.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Vegasguy; 09-07-2013 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-08-2013, 01:50 PM
AllForTheCash will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Rapture1
As standard the inside of the spoke is painted GT Silver, at least in the U.S.
+1 yes inside is a touch darker...

Old 09-09-2013, 07:15 AM
plstc is on a distinguished road
Question on sport techno width and spacers

I'm ordering sport techno wheels on a 991 C4S.
As they are .5 inch wider than standard wheels, should I anticipate no more than 5mm spacers to optimize stance?
Thx